Where do you guys find your shooting drills?

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 002

Where do you guys find your shooting drills?

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:09 pm

i have a couple links to sites with different drills and would like to expand my options. I plan to get the drill of the month going again soon and could use as many different drills as I can get. Please leave a link to where you get you drills from so I can build a collection. Looking for pistol, carbine and rifle.
0 x
I'm on Instagram as @wildland_outdoors.

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Where do you guys find your shooting drills?

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Lowe's and Home Depot has drills. (I had to do it... :d )
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 002

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:23 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:48 pm
Lowe's and Home Depot has drills. (I had to do it... :d )
That explains the perfect holes in your targets LT
3 x
I'm on Instagram as @wildland_outdoors.

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 pm

I have the "DRYFIRE Reloaded" book by Ben Stoeger. It's really good. I have a couple sets of 1/3 scale USPSA targets I purchased off his website as well. They sell a "sticker" kit to make tuxedo targets also. I made a bunch of stands so I can setup basic stages and classifiers. With 1/3 scale targets, yards become feet! Easy to set up! My son has a subscription to Stoeger's "Practical Shooting Training Group", so I get stuff from him as well.

HAVING A TIMER IS A MUST!!!! Need to get that "sound" burned into the brain so it doesn't turn to MUSH at a match!!! :lol:

A lot of times I'll just work on one skill at a time to burn in the fundamentals. Doesn't take too long before you get tired, especially with the new Legion. With an empty mag it weighs in at 44 oz. I do all my work with a fully loaded mag when drawing so that makes it even heavier. For reloads I have an empty in the gun and a full one on the belt. Simulate what you'd have in a match.

Targets...
https://benstoegerproshop.com/scaled-dr ... -and-dots/

Book...
https://benstoegerproshop.com/dry-fire- ... back-book/

Here's a couple videos from tonight. One on speed draw with 1 sec par time, and speed reloads with 3 sec par time.

This was from the other night where it was "deliberate practice" working on transitions. Deliberate being a little slower and making sure the eyes are leading the gun, with a good "A" zone sight picture.

0 x