2020 Shot Show

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
ncjw
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

2020 Shot Show

Post by ncjw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Just saw the S333 revolver. Shoots TWO .22 magnum bullets per trigger squeeze. Two barrels, four pair revolving cylinder, just ridiculous.

Apparently it was out last year but never heard of it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Hb3s8fkUY

Any other interesting links or news appreciated.
1 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by colonel00 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:47 pm

ncjw wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Just saw the S333 revolver. Shoots TWO .22 magnum bullets per trigger squeeze. Two barrels, four pair revolving cylinder, just ridiculous.

Apparently it was out last year but never heard of it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Hb3s8fkUY

Any other interesting links or news appreciated.
I thought it was a no-no or at least made it an NFA automatic weapon if it shoots more than one round with a single trigger pull.
0 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by ncjw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Image

Seriously? A white SFx? This is the best that you got Canik? People have been clamoring for a white SFx?

Hoping for more as the show goes on...
2 x

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by Janik » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:52 pm

ncjw wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:10 pm
Image

Seriously? A white SFx? This is the best that you got Canik? People have been clamoring for a white SFx?

Hoping for more as the show goes on...
I was hoping for an SFx Mod2 with ambi controls and flared mag well. I hope they have aftermarket parts or something, since there doesn't seem to be any real announcement. Also was hoping the METE would become available state side.
2 x

Boostnu
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by Boostnu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:25 pm

They going to call this one the sfx whiteout edition?
0 x

GearHead_1
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by GearHead_1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Boostnu wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:25 pm
They going to call this one the sfx whiteout edition?
SFX Arctic?
0 x

Boostnu
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by Boostnu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 pm

GearHead_1 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 pm
Boostnu wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:25 pm
They going to call this one the sfx whiteout edition?
SFX Arctic?
Idk I figured with them having the blackout edition this one would be the whiteout version.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Interesting but I already have white stormtrooper edition G19/p80.

PSA has a few things grabbing my attention, ar9 taking scorpion mags, and some new AK's. The PSA glock doesnt interest me much I prefer P80 style humpless grip.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by colonel00 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am

Ugh, any news on the PSA MP5?
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:28 am

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am
Ugh, any news on the PSA MP5?
Still suppose to be coming. I dont mind delay rather they get it right and put it out and not put out something half assed like some other companies would do.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by colonel00 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:44 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:28 am
colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am
Ugh, any news on the PSA MP5?
Still suppose to be coming. I dont mind delay rather they get it right and put it out and not put out something half assed like some other companies would do.
Yeah, I agree. I'd just like to see some news or progress. I believe it was last year's Shot where they showed it and then not much news. I've got a bunch of PSA gift card money just waiting. I could probably never justify buying an H&K but a PSA for around $1K would be cool.
1 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by ncjw » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:22 am

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:44 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:28 am
colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am
Ugh, any news on the PSA MP5?
Still suppose to be coming. I dont mind delay rather they get it right and put it out and not put out something half assed like some other companies would do.
Yeah, I agree. I'd just like to see some news or progress. I believe it was last year's Shot where they showed it and then not much news. I've got a bunch of PSA gift card money just waiting. I could probably never justify buying an H&K but a PSA for around $1K would be cool.
Yep, for only $3,300 you get a semi-automatic pistol with a 30 round capacity, which is so much better than a $275 Canik SF with a $35 30round magazine because, well, umm, well...
2 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by ncjw » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:46 am

CZ is coming out with a single action only Shadow 2. No cheaper though.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by colonel00 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 pm

CMMG has released a 5.7 upper and proprietary mags that run on a standard AR lower. Pretty cool.
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm
Founding Member #: 080
Location: Central Florida

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by Lgaam » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:38 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am
Ugh, any news on the PSA MP5?
The PSA FB pages are pushing that it'll be out this year. MSRP is consistently being quoted at $1200.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:41 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:44 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:28 am
colonel00 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am
Ugh, any news on the PSA MP5?
Still suppose to be coming. I dont mind delay rather they get it right and put it out and not put out something half assed like some other companies would do.
Yeah, I agree. I'd just like to see some news or progress. I believe it was last year's Shot where they showed it and then not much news. I've got a bunch of PSA gift card money just waiting. I could probably never justify buying an H&K but a PSA for around $1K would be cool.
Haven't decided if i'll get one or not yet, got the cz and akv, will probably get the ar9 when it comes out since i already have tons of scorpion mags and 35 rounders are only $14. Depends if psa or magpul put out cheap enough mp5 mags I guess.
0 x

extremist
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by extremist » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Very disappointed METE guns are not showing and no announcement of availability.
1 x
James Lenaburg, Firearms consulting and Instruction.
TX DPS Certified LTC Instructor
IDPA CSO, CDP/ESP/SSP/CCP/BUG EX, REV SS
USPSA CRO, LIM,SS,CO,Production - C Class, PCC B Class
NRA Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Range Officer

ncjw
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by ncjw » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 pm

As mentioned in another thread, Canik announced the SC with a plastic Shield mini-RMR. Still just a minor variation on a theme, not a new product.

OTOH, I guess that we should take into account that in the last few months they brought out the SC, the One series and the Black series, so expecting a lot from Shot may have been too optimistic.
0 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by ncjw » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSDFc7IdCo

So in the above video they state that the SFx Whiteout edition will be limited to 2,000 units.

Geez, if there were only a way to communicate to the world that you have introduced a limited edition new color like the SFx Whiteout or the new SC Black. Or maybe confirm rumors like the SFx Black is limited to 1,000 - or not. Maybe this information could reside on the world wide web somewhere. Like a "website" or something. With updated, accurate product information.

Nah, that's just crazy...
2 x

User avatar
RWIG
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:27 pm
Location: Stone Mountain, GA

Re: 2020 Shot Show

Post by RWIG » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:24 am

ncjw wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Just saw the S333 revolver. Shoots TWO .22 magnum bullets per trigger squeeze. Two barrels, four pair revolving cylinder, just ridiculous.

Apparently it was out last year but never heard of it before.
The Standard Manufacturing S333 (Thunderstruck) came out last summer, but it is hard to find and is sell at its MSRP because of limited stock. I thought about getting out this past fall, but I waited to long and when i went to buy one, they were out of stock, so I got a Mossberg 715P instead. The Thunderstruck is a cool concept and the uniqueness of it is why I wanted one. While it is a .22 mag, you can also put the .22 shot rounds in it, and LR. I saw a video where the shooter had alternated .22 mags and .22 shot rounds, so every trigger pull it was sending both media. I will see if i can find that video and post it.
0 x

Post Reply