Favorite gun you’ve owned?

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
User avatar
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Posts: 2648
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Founding Member #: 7599
Location: Louisiana

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:40 pm
but been out of the country for the week.
I need to contact CBP about letting you back in.....
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage Image

DSeifrit
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 am

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by DSeifrit » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:40 pm

For me it’s going to tie between sentiment and function.

My very first rifle was a Winchester .22 bolt action. My Grandfather got it for me when I was two and freaked my mom out. To this day I still use it to kill armadillos that tear up the yard.

The single best combat rifle I have ever had was the H&K 416. It’s a “more betterized” M16.
0 x

User avatar
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am
Founding Member #: 999

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Badgerboy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:44 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:53 pm
Badgerboy wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:40 pm
but been out of the country for the week.
I need to contact CBP about letting you back in.....
You've been talking to my wife? But seriously, I travel often; all over Europe and China, India. Then I come back and read articles about how folks (esp young-uns) think other countries are better than the USA. Ignorance is a dangerous seed.
3 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

94045
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by 94045 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 am

Revolver - Dan Wesson Model 15-2

Pistol - Dan Wesson Valor 1911
1 x

lewmed
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by lewmed » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

My most loved rifle is my lever action Marlin golden 39M my father and I bought it June 1959 for my 12th birthday. When it comes to revolvers it's my 1968 6" blue Colt Python it's the most accurate revolver I've ever fired just yesterday it put 5 rounds of 148gr hbwc's in 1 1/4" at 25 yards. Of my many firearms both the Marlin and the Colt will be passed on to my family.
1 x

TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:53 am
Location: Hondo Texas

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by TacoTyrant » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm

lewmed wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm
My most loved rifle is my lever action Marlin golden 39M my father and I bought it June 1959 for my 12th birthday. When it comes to revolvers it's my 1968 6" blue Colt Python it's the most accurate revolver I've ever fired just yesterday it put 5 rounds of 148gr hbwc's in 1 1/4" at 25 yards. Of my many firearms both the Marlin and the Colt will be passed on to my family.
Great guns!! I feel the same way. My favorite guns will never be sold.
0 x

User avatar
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:00 am

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Jester560 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Just recently acquired a Springfield XDm 10mm. I am in love with it atm.

Image
0 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

User avatar
Maximumdarkside
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:05 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Maximumdarkside » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Favorite Shotgun...Mossberg 590a1 that I got for $100 that needed work and is now running perfectly, just looks like a swamp find.

Favorite AR... ar9 built on a tn polymer lower, runs on Glock mags and supremely fun and cheap.

Favorite carry pistol... canik Tp9sf elite, at least until I get the fde elite combat. It actually functions as my all around pistol.
1 x
Sanity and insanity are just states of mind, what state are you in?

Sasquatch
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:37 pm

It's a lotta FUN.
Pistol 500 S&W.
0 x
The Federal reserve is the bullet that kills liberty.

User avatar
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:00 am

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Jester560 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:36 pm

This is easy.....my 1969 model Browning Challenger 22lr pistol. It is stupid accurate and has the best trigger I have ever fingered.

Image
2 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

dwilliams3
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by dwilliams3 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am

I have several nice handguns...... Sig X-Five, Sig P210 Legend, CZ Shadow 2, Grand Power X-Caliber, a couple of Tisas, Canik TP9SFX, TP9SFL, TP9SFT, FN FNS 9l, and many different Berettas. IWI Masada and a couple of the old IMI Jerichos, to name a few. Hands down, with me anyway, is the Arex Alpha. It is an unbelievable handgun. Right out of the box...... super accurate, will shoot any brand ammo, and has the most perfect 2 1/2 lb trigger I have ever seen.
0 x

User avatar
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Posts: 2648
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Founding Member #: 7599
Location: Louisiana

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 am

dwilliams3 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am
Grand Power X-Caliber
How about starting a new thread and talk about this firearm. I keep looking & looking; sure looks like a really fine firearm but I'm concerned about holsters, extra mags, etc., etc. How does it stack up against the X-5 and the SFx?

$670 seems like a really good price @ Gun Pro Deals.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Maximumdarkside
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:05 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Maximumdarkside » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 am

dwilliams3 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am
I have several nice handguns...... Sig X-Five, Sig P210 Legend, CZ Shadow 2, Grand Power X-Caliber, a couple of Tisas, Canik TP9SFX, TP9SFL, TP9SFT, FN FNS 9l, and many different Berettas. IWI Masada and a couple of the old IMI Jerichos, to name a few. Hands down, with me anyway, is the Arex Alpha. It is an unbelievable handgun. Right out of the box...... super accurate, will shoot any brand ammo, and has the most perfect 2 1/2 lb trigger I have ever seen.
I have looked up quite a bit on the Arex line but in my area they are pretty much nonexistent to the point that I have only seen 1 amongst all gun shows and gun shops, and the one I saw was not the alpha but a Rex? and it was a young guy selling holsters at a gun show personal sidearm. Care to share some pics and any details you’ve encountered? As I’ve been intrigued by their rarity.
0 x
Sanity and insanity are just states of mind, what state are you in?

Don
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Don » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:50 pm

STAR Super B. I've owned several pistols, paid less than $250 for this one and it is one of my favorite pistols! Accurate, great trigger, fun to shoot! Manufactured in 1972! The year my wife and I were married!

Image
1 x

Don
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Don » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Maximumdarkside wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 am
dwilliams3 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am
I have several nice handguns...... Sig X-Five, Sig P210 Legend, CZ Shadow 2, Grand Power X-Caliber, a couple of Tisas, Canik TP9SFX, TP9SFL, TP9SFT, FN FNS 9l, and many different Berettas. IWI Masada and a couple of the old IMI Jerichos, to name a few. Hands down, with me anyway, is the Arex Alpha. It is an unbelievable handgun. Right out of the box...... super accurate, will shoot any brand ammo, and has the most perfect 2 1/2 lb trigger I have ever seen.
I have looked up quite a bit on the Arex line but in my area they are pretty much nonexistent to the point that I have only seen 1 amongst all gun shows and gun shops, and the one I saw was not the alpha but a Rex? and it was a young guy selling holsters at a gun show personal sidearm. Care to share some pics and any details you’ve encountered? As I’ve been intrigued by their rarity.
i recently shot my friends fde arex zero 1. large (thick), heavy (all metal) firearm. quality built. very accurate. great trigger! no complaints (some complain about the plastic grips, these were after market). as you probably know it is quite similar to the sig p226, but less expensive! my friend purchased it from a pawn shop where it had been on loan (the first one he had ever seen)! i am a huge fan of the dallas mavericks and their star player luka doncic! you may know he is from slovenia. who would have ever thought that such a small country would make quality firearms! if you come across one for a decent price, i think you will be pleased. it is a great shooter! my friend is looking for a arex alpha!

Image
1 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm
Founding Member #: 080
Location: Central Florida

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Lgaam » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:36 pm

A reimported Postal Meter M-1 carbine I bought from a barrel at Woolworths. The front sight was bent a smidge and the stock was rough, but the bore was clean and the rifling was good. A gunsmith friend gave it a clean bill of health and straightened the front sight.

I spent almost 2 months refinishing the stock; sanding out the scratches and treating it with with linseed oil. I also bought a Choate folding stock, because that's what you do when you're 20.
0 x

User avatar
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Posts: 2648
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Founding Member #: 7599
Location: Louisiana

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Picture please....
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Totenkopfelite
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Totenkopfelite » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:54 pm

Well it would matter on class of weapons, as to revolvers..

I would have to say, my .44 Magnum that I bought new in the early 80s is my favorite, follow by my .357 Magnum, from 1982, both bought when I was on the job..

Image
2 x
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever

----------- Proud Boys -----------

User avatar
Totenkopfelite
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by Totenkopfelite » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:11 pm

My all time favorite, is my Winchester 1873, chambered in 38-40, with a 24 inch barrel, manufactured in 1889, over 131 years old, and fires like the day in was made..

Image
Image
2 x
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever

----------- Proud Boys -----------

grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:20 am

Re: Favorite gun you’ve owned?

Post by grammontS » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 am

I'm fairly new to owning guns , I've acquired 5 in the last year. So far my favorite is my Dan Wesson 15-2 6inch barrel .357
0 x

Post Reply