Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
If one is concerned about being awoke and not being "awake" enough to handle any firearm confidently maybe they should rethink their entire defensive plan while at home?

I'm not getting into specifics, but adding hinges to doors, adding locking devices that secure the top and bottom of the door to the floor and wall, installing reinforced door frames and using solid doors, "hurricane" window film on glass, multiple home security systems and if one is so inclined a yapping dog are good places to start.

My "bedroom" guns are an AR pistol and a Beretta 92.
Both are equipped with lights and are fully loaded with one in the chamber and the safeties on.

Neither are sitting right next to my bed or under my pillow (ugh...).
The AR is behind my bedroom door which requires me to get out of bed and to walk a dozen of so steps to retrieve it.
The Beretta is on top of the dresser, un-holstered also about a dozen steps away.

My home is secure enough that if I'm startled awake because I hear someone in my hallway outside my bedroom while still in bed this means all my other measures have somehow failed and if this is the case I'm probably outgunned and already a goner.

May I suggest that some of you guys look into security measures that will alert you well before you are startled awake?
I've got a pitbull and a wife that can be mean as a snake...If they get past those lines of defense, I have a 20 gauge and a 38 special within a few steps.
Double action pistol may suitable for under the pants for concealed carry, But Example in Turkey Police very sensetive about this issue. They are not care about you are carry weapon loaded or not loaded. Sensetive issue is, If you Put Pistol between your belt and pants , or carry with external holster covering with tshirt only. If gun it self or even barrel may show up from shirt, you may loose your license. In winter is very easy , we are wearing jacket and sw-shirts , so we have many staff to cover it.

I think in USA you have more flexie rules , so you are allowed to carry with external holster , and no one care about gun may show up from under shirt in belt.
zeda3000 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:55 am Double action pistol may suitable for under the pants for concealed carry, But Example in Turkey Police very sensetive about this issue. They are not care about you are carry weapon loaded or not loaded. Sensetive issue is, If you Put Pistol between your belt and pants , or carry with external holster covering with tshirt only. If gun it self or even barrel may show up from shirt, you may loose your license. In winter is very easy , we are wearing jacket and sw-shirts , so we have many staff to cover it.

I think in USA you have more flexie rules , so you are allowed to carry with external holster , and no one care about gun may show up from under shirt in belt.
US can vary by state.. Places like NY you could end up in trouble for letting it show.. you're in a store and some soccer mom sees your gun calls the police, if the responding officers and DA are dicks(quite possible in downstate areas) you could end up with a brandishing charge and lose your license. Texas doesnt matter can carry concealed or openly.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:00 pm
zeda3000 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:55 am Double action pistol may suitable for under the pants for concealed carry, But Example in Turkey Police very sensetive about this issue. They are not care about you are carry weapon loaded or not loaded. Sensetive issue is, If you Put Pistol between your belt and pants , or carry with external holster covering with tshirt only. If gun it self or even barrel may show up from shirt, you may loose your license. In winter is very easy , we are wearing jacket and sw-shirts , so we have many staff to cover it.

US can vary by state.. Places like NY you could end up in trouble for letting it show.. you're in a store and some soccer mom sees your gun calls the police, if the responding officers and DA are dicks(quite possible in downstate areas) you could end up with a brandishing charge and lose your license. Texas doesnt matter can carry concealed or openly.
Same law gap in Turkey. If someone knows that you have gun carry permit and he just hate. He just need it call to police to say this guy point the gun to me. End of history. Untill case finish in
court gun stay in police station. It may takes years. This is most of Turkish person putting deeper and deeper to not show the gun in mistake.

Couple of times i tried to carry gun loaded with chamber under my left belt with internal Neopren Holster. But to be honest this is very unconfortable. During i am seat in car or seat some place, i feel gun noise touch my hip. I am starting to play with my pistol to not shoot hip or leg. This is take more attention from outside , i play with my shirt, jean , belt , hip. It is obviously i am carry something. Double action pistol will be best for this carry isue. But in single action pistol , loaded in chamber, and Firing spring a stretched and just waiting for release and gun pointing my hip , leg or to my body. It is not looking to me very wisely. Maybe i am too control freak or maybe i am too stick the rules.
Interesting input from everyone. I don't carry, though I have a weapons license. If I did, I would carry my V2 with one in the chamber and in DA mode or some kind of Hammer fired cocked and locked. The trigger pull effort on the V2 is significant and long so you have to want to pull it. I really only own guns because I like to target shoot. Helps me clear my head. I guess I am either, Oblivious to the danger out there or just not ready to have to make that decision. My point of view of life changed dramatically after my wife and I lost a child to an accident (nothing involving firearms). I couldn't stay in the military for the same reason. Now that our kids are grown, I don't think about every noise I hear and have decided if someone breaks into my house, they can take anything they want, just don't come our room. I will be waiting for you and you will not get out unharmed.
"I will be waiting for you and you will not get out unharmed."

Yep, as the saying goes, "anyone found here alive at night, will be found dead in the morning".

Neil 8-)
skborders wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:11 pm if someone breaks into my house, they can take anything they want, just don't come our room.
Absolutely. Take whatever you want, but I will make it clear the police are on the way, and do not come down the hallway. It's not worth taking someones life for a computer, tv or whatever. But, you come down the hall where my wife and child are, that's a whole new ball game. Possessions can always be replaced, and I'm not ending someones life over an object that I'll probably be getting rid of in a few years anyway. I only care about the safety and welfare of my family. Even with the castle doctrine laws in my state, I'm not looking for trouble.
Janik wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:27 pm ....But, you come down the hall where my wife and child are, that's a whole new ball game. Possessions can always be replaced, and I'm not ending someones life over an object that I'll probably be getting rid of in a few years anyway. I only care about the safety and welfare of my family. Even with the castle doctrine laws in my state, I'm not looking for trouble.
I've got a split floorplan with all the kids upstairs on the other side of the house. I'm relying on a hardened perimeter to deter or at least give me enough notice to repel boarders. If the alarm (security, fire, smoke) goes off, the eldest knows to grab her brother and head to the toddlers' room. We've practiced the fire escape ladder a couple of times so they know how to use it as needed. I'm not concerned for the stuff, but if there's someone going up the stairwell...
When we were shopping for a house, the wife insisted on all the bedrooms being on the same floor and same end of the house. Having a big master bedroom away from the kids would have been nice and quiet, but too far from her. She is a mamma bear and don't you dare hurt one of her cubs. She is the same way with the grand kids. Sweetest woman you ever met otherwise.
It's hard to really know how your going to react in a situation like this for sure.... (Unless your trained, LEO, Military, etc.)... And like most everyone else here, I pray that I never have to be in that situation or ever have to take a life. Here in Texas, if your stealing my car in the middle of the night, I have every justifiable right to shoot you... But No.... I can't see a life worth my car..... I'll get a new one....

However. . .

You come into my home in the middle of the night... We have to have a whole new discussion.... Again, let me reiterate that material things are not worth someone's life... But I HAVE to assume that if your in my home, at night, you mean me or my family harm... Every situation is going to be different... If I have lights on you and your a teen with your hands in the air I'm going to hold you at gunpoint until cops arrive.... But for whatever reason it's low light, or your do not respond to my command to lay down with your hands out, or you even remotely get aggressive... It's done.. Your going out horizontal..... with a minimum of 2 holes in you.....
I have to agree with Tejas...you do not belong in my home. It is MY home and sanctuary, and if you made a choice to illegally violate my space, I can only conclude that you mean to do me - or worse, my loved ones, harm. That will not happen if I have any chance of stopping the act. I will use all and whatever tools and means necessary. I will meet you at the door, in the hall, or wherever I feel I have an advantage.
I have been in Army real shooting situation with many times. You may trained well with 1000 times. But during starting fire in first time you cant stay calm down. It is requesting really hard practice and experinces. Turkish army one of the unique army in Europe using real bullet durring traning and they may shooting over you , just to get used with bullet sound. There is no other way you may teach the person how stay calm in panic situation and starting shooting back .

In other hands untill couple of years Turkish laws say you may only kill the the thief only in bedroom. (Law says bedroom is for sleeping and theif may catch you unconscious , so you are allowed to shoot and kill. But in other rooms you have conscious and you may decided to shoot from legs to stop him.) Off course in reality this is not like that. If Thief pointhing gun to you or your family, no one care about law. This law was pointless and it changed. Now if some one entry your home or try harm your family you may shoot or kill.

I do accept to keep loading in chamber the gun or shotgun at home or car. (If there is no small kids may touch the weapon) My point is just carry the weapon under the panth and bullet in the chamber. This is too close your body.
Janik wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:27 pm
skborders wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:11 pm if someone breaks into my house, they can take anything they want, just don't come our room.
Absolutely. Take whatever you want, but I will make it clear the police are on the way, and do not come down the hallway. It's not worth taking someones life for a computer, tv or whatever. But, you come down the hall where my wife and child are, that's a whole new ball game. Possessions can always be replaced, and I'm not ending someones life over an object that I'll probably be getting rid of in a few years anyway. I only care about the safety and welfare of my family. Even with the castle doctrine laws in my state, I'm not looking for trouble.

I absolutely agree 100% with this,..,I’m not looking to fire on anybody ,.but if you’re in my house at night you don’t belong obviously ,..and have bad intentions ,..take what you want (except my guns) ,.but if you keep advancing on me ,..well then you leave me no choice.

I been shooting ACME 124 and 147g red "li[…]

Shoot it like you stole it? In light of the ammo […]

Hello from South Florida

Welcome to the forum.

Mine had problems with stove pipes as well, had to[…]