Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
By TL1000RSquid
So what are you guys using on your AR10's? I'm thinking about going to a Fixed A2 stock, I've tried out most of the magpul's on it other then ACS I don't like any of them on it they're all to light really even though i want to keep the weight down its super front heavy shouldering it with a plastic stock on it(20"hbar) Considering some of the precision stocks but they are expensive, don't want to order a $200+ stock and hate it..
By ncjw
I have standardized on Magpul ACS for everything. Better cheek weld but not much added weight and a bit thicker to store in the safe.

Maybe add weights in the storage compartments?

I've only had one fixed (on a 24" 223) and still preferred the ACS.
By TL1000RSquid
ncjw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:13 pm I have standardized on Magpul ACS for everything. Better cheek weld but not much added weight and a bit thicker to store in the safe.

Maybe add weights in the storage compartments?

I've only had one fixed (on a 24" 223) and still preferred the ACS.
Yeah maybe I'll see what I can stuff in there to add some weight.
By ncjw
I also standardized on the Magpul MOE+ grips (and FWIW, the Vortex one piece scope mount).

So now no matter which AR15 or AR10 I am using, the length of pull, cheek weld, scope position and grip are the same. The match rifles all have Geissele SSA-E triggers and the combat ones have the S3G triggers. I figure that taking out the most user interface variables should lead to the most consistent results.
By HSmaxim
I use a standard cheap (UTG) A2 style stock on my .450 BM build and I have a spare for my next AR10 build.

It's a classic design that works well for me.
By TL1000RSquid
Still debating between a2 and acs, you running a standard a2 spring and buffer setup in there? I've not tried throwing an A2 on cause currently only one I have is off a bushmaster xm15 and wasnt sure if the 5.56 buffer and spring would work.
By ncjw
I don't know why the A2 with the stock buffer and spring wouldn't work on any other AR setup.

My 223 rifles have standard buffers and upgraded springs, not sure that there is a difference. My Grendel's and my AR pistol have heavy buffers.

I believe that the AR10's have standard buffers.
By TL1000RSquid
Alright I'll have to see if i still got all the a2 parts together and give it a go. Running enhanced springs in all my carbine setups, but when I had the 9mm setup I ended up having to get a different weight buffer.
By colonel00
Yeah, my 9mm AR runs something like a 9oz buffer since it's blowback. One thing you might do is get some tungsten buffer weights so you can add weight if you need. I picked some up off of ebay for fairly cheap.

I actually run AR10 receiver extensions on some of my 5.56/300blk along with a Vltor buffer and rifle length spring. Vltor sells their RE for something silly like $50 but you can get the AR10 RE from Palmetto for like $15. Thrown in a Sprinco Green spring and a Vltor buffer and you have a smooth running gun.

I don't have an AR10, yet, so I can't say that it would work for sure but it might be worth looking into.
By ncjw
OTOH, there is this:

https://loadoutroom.com/10826/tuning-30 ... o-carbine/

I definitely am running an ACS stocks on the AR10, but I do not recall what buffer/spring combo that I have in there and, no offense, I am not going to take it apart to check anytime soon.

I may convert it from a .308 to a 6.5CM over the winter (I have to shoot up a LOT of .308 beforehand), so if you want to wait until then...
By TL1000RSquid
I'm good with the carbine length buffer tube stocks running the buffer that came with and enhanced spring no issues was just the A2 I wasnt sure about..

I been shooting ACME 124 and 147g red "li[…]

Shoot it like you stole it? In light of the ammo […]

Hello from South Florida

Welcome to the forum.

Mine had problems with stove pipes as well, had to[…]