Need opinions

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
User avatar
spen48
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm
Founding Member #: 1269
Location: SE Wisconsin

Need opinions

Post by spen48 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:34 pm

I have a hard choice.

I am able to get the Canik Elite and a Glock 45 for the same price basically ($5 difference). Both are brand new. Which would you choose?
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1232
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Need opinions

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Well if its with $5 of each other im assuming your saying you can get the G45 for under $400 so yeah thats an awesome deal.
2 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Need opinions

Post by Tejas Products » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:09 pm

The real question is.... which one would YOU get.
2 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm
Founding Member #: 080
Location: Central Florida

Re: Need opinions

Post by Lgaam » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:10 pm

Glocks and I never really got along. Even with that deal, I'm going with the Elite.
1 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Need opinions

Post by colonel00 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:14 pm

I agree with TL1000RSquid. An Elite can be found for just over $300 ($320 shipped). I'd take a G45 in a second for that price. Now, it also comes down to what you are using it for. I don't have a G45...yet, but I have a 19 and shoot a 17 here and there. To me, there is a huge difference in their grip angles and how I hold the guns versus Caniks. So, if you plan to carry the weapon or shoot it in any fashion where you need to train and work on your muscle memory, I'm a big believer to sticking to one platform. I currently carry a Glock 43x and shoot the 19 so much that the grip for the Glocks is "automatic". However, now that I'm shooting my Caniks more, I'm having to learn a new grip. This will be especially true if/when the Sub Elite is released and I'm tempted to carry it.


https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/787450418677
0 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Need opinions

Post by ncjw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Depends on what you have already.

I wouldn't just take the best deal, if I didn't already have an elite, I'd definitely get the elite, it is a heck of a pistol.

But then I also think that if you want a 45, you get a 1911, period. So I'm biased.
2 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Need opinions

Post by colonel00 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 pm

ncjw wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:58 pm
Depends on what you have already.

I wouldn't just take the best deal, if I didn't already have an elite, I'd definitely get the elite, it is a heck of a pistol.

But then I also think that if you want a 45, you get a 1911, period. So I'm biased.
I think he's talking about the Glock model 45, not .45 caliber. Glock's model numbers are so bass ackwards sometimes. The Glock 45 is a mix of the G19's slide and G17's frame and essentially the same as the 19x which was Glock's submission for the military contracts.
0 x

HeliarcLee
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:36 am

Re: Need opinions

Post by HeliarcLee » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:35 pm

Yeah, the glock 45 is like a Canik TP9DA. 4” barrel with a full size frame. How the 19x and 45 are essentially the same gun makes no sense.
2 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Need opinions

Post by qballbandit » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 pm

I'd vote for the Elite, but I am biased, as I have one and think it is an incredible shooter. I like the Elite's sights (out of the box) better. I like the universal rail. And, I like the angular cut on the slide, truly believing that I do get a much quicker sight picture because of it.
The Elite, now, has many after market options available too. When I got mine last October, the package was decent; extra mag, back strap, bore brush, patch stick, speed loader. Not sure how they are packaged now, or what the G45 comes with?

Neil 8-)
1 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

User avatar
spen48
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm
Founding Member #: 1269
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: Need opinions

Post by spen48 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 am

The price tag is around the $400 mark. The Elite is not the Elite One. It comes with the full kit with 2 mags (not that it is a big deal on the 2nd mag). I have a couple of Caniks already but don't have a Glock in my inventory or an Elite. The one thing the G45 has going for it is the longer grip which I like otherwise they are about the same size. The Elite's plus in my opinion is definitely a way better trigger. The G19 I totally dislike so that won't enter my safe (well at least not as part of my collection, my fiance likes the 19).
0 x

User avatar
spen48
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm
Founding Member #: 1269
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: Need opinions

Post by spen48 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 am

colonel00 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:14 pm
I agree with TL1000RSquid. An Elite can be found for just over $300 ($320 shipped). I'd take a G45 in a second for that price. Now, it also comes down to what you are using it for. I don't have a G45...yet, but I have a 19 and shoot a 17 here and there. To me, there is a huge difference in their grip angles and how I hold the guns versus Caniks. So, if you plan to carry the weapon or shoot it in any fashion where you need to train and work on your muscle memory, I'm a big believer to sticking to one platform. I currently carry a Glock 43x and shoot the 19 so much that the grip for the Glocks is "automatic". However, now that I'm shooting my Caniks more, I'm having to learn a new grip. This will be especially true if/when the Sub Elite is released and I'm tempted to carry it.


https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/787450418677
I just checked this out. Maybe I end up with both?
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Need opinions

Post by colonel00 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:40 am

spen48 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 am
colonel00 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:14 pm
I agree with TL1000RSquid. An Elite can be found for just over $300 ($320 shipped). I'd take a G45 in a second for that price. Now, it also comes down to what you are using it for. I don't have a G45...yet, but I have a 19 and shoot a 17 here and there. To me, there is a huge difference in their grip angles and how I hold the guns versus Caniks. So, if you plan to carry the weapon or shoot it in any fashion where you need to train and work on your muscle memory, I'm a big believer to sticking to one platform. I currently carry a Glock 43x and shoot the 19 so much that the grip for the Glocks is "automatic". However, now that I'm shooting my Caniks more, I'm having to learn a new grip. This will be especially true if/when the Sub Elite is released and I'm tempted to carry it.


https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/787450418677
I just checked this out. Maybe I end up with both?
Yup, I just ordered on myself. Actually got the Elite (full package in tungsten) along with a SAR9 for $601.96 shipped. I'm really starting to not like this forum... :-D :- ~X(
0 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Need opinions

Post by ncjw » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:20 am

OK, so I am wrong on the 45 (Glock) but still not wrong on the .45 (1911)...

Given that you don't have a Glock, the decision is easy,get the Elite. Keep magazine management down to a minimum.
3 x

User avatar
zeda3000
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:42 am
Location: Turkey

Re: Need opinions

Post by zeda3000 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:54 am

I am never just focus to price. Before i choice my pistol , i had chance to shoot with Glock and Canik. Glock doesnt fit in my hand excatly. I had too much recoil , my group was realy bad. In other hand i did same shooting with TP9 and was perfect. So decided go to with Canik.

Consider also in Turkey Between Glock and Canik price diffrence is not 5 usd. It is 2400 USD. Turkey all import fire arms has very high tax. I was ready to pay 2400 USD diffrence if i had good shooting with Glock. End of the story this for my protection. Money cant be issue. But expensive pistol doesnt mean , good for aiming. There is personel effects also.

My suggest is , go shop and take in your hand both of them and feel it. Play with them , take the upper slide of and re-assembly again. Pull the trigger. Trust your feeling.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Need opinions

Post by colonel00 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:52 am

Yikes! $2400 USD for a Glock? Save your money. I don't hate Glocks but I'm no fanboy either. They are decent, reliable pistols but not worth that price.
1 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1232
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Need opinions

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:12 am

Unless I won powerball i cant think of any pistol i'd currently pay over $2k for.. well real pistol braced SCAR pistol doesnt count lol.
0 x

User avatar
Weapon
Site Admin
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm
Founding Member #: 005

Re: Need opinions

Post by Weapon » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Which one fits your hand better? Which one points more naturally for you?

Over the years, I bought quite a few pistols just because they were a deal only to discover I pretty much hated them because they just were not a good match for my hands, they didn’t point well for me and that usually meant they ended up in the safe collecting dust.
2 x

User avatar
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am
Founding Member #: 999

Re: Need opinions

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Great discussion...all relevant opinions and feedback, but of course, the best answer is buy both. That's what I would do... \M/
1 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

User avatar
spen48
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm
Founding Member #: 1269
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: Need opinions

Post by spen48 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:28 pm
Great discussion...all relevant opinions and feedback, but of course, the best answer is buy both. That's what I would do... \M/

LOOOOOOL. The thought has crossed my mind.
0 x

User avatar
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am
Founding Member #: 999

Re: Need opinions

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:13 pm

spen48 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Badgerboy wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:28 pm
Great discussion...all relevant opinions and feedback, but of course, the best answer is buy both. That's what I would do... \M/

LOOOOOOL. The thought has crossed my mind.
"and if all the other kids jumped off a bridge, would you do so too? " Yes...yes I would!
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

Post Reply