heading logo

Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Under Construction Please be Patient
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Nope, Nada....

I shot a regular 19 9mm last year and didn't like it... The Glock 40cal.... YUCKY....... Was at the range this morning with a friend... I had my SFX and my new Girson... He had his Glock... Sorry folks... Not even close in my book.... You should have seen his eyes when he shot my Canik, First thing he said was nice trigger job... I'm like NOPE... STOCK .... The trigger on his Glock was horrible..... Sorry Glock Fans... I'm happy you like them.... Not my cup of tea..... End Rant..... :-)
By Bfgloki
I agree. I got a used glock 19 cause the price was right and it shoots ok. I do better with my Ruger Security 9. I will tinker and it is smaller then the Ruger but I am going to use my Ruger for my CC class next week I think. The mag release is also really stiff on the glock. Going to have to see what I can do with that
Not much of a .40 fan myself. Yeah stock glock trigger isn't that great but their are much worse ones out there. Quite pleased with my trigger setups in my 19 and 42 both are smooth as butter with nice break very little reset and 3.5 lbs.
higgybaby wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:09 pm The last time I saw a post like this- "I shot a Glock today"..........

It went something like this- "I shot my buddy's Glock today...and I hit it on the first shot!"
It took a second... =))
easy10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:08 pm The conundrum is glock owners pay a premium then start upgrading, and the upgrades are at a premium. You can get Ed Brown 1911 upgrades for next to nothing. . . . I have a Glock, factory :)
Other then the MOS models you can get most Glocks for $500 out the door, not what I'd call a premium, average really. Upgrades are same as others as well unless you're buying Zev, Agency or other overpriced parts. Since you mentioned it seems to me 1911 owners are the ones who like to pay a premium. :)
By Bfgloki
It’s a premium I think when compared to the clones like the S&W SD9VE and the Secuirty 9. Those can be had for under 300 and both shoot / feel exactly like glocks to me anyhow. I actually was on the fence between the Ruger and the S&W as my truck gun but Ruger won out cause of my faith in the company ( and it wasn’t a land slide)
Tejas Products wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm
higgybaby wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:09 pm The last time I saw a post like this- "I shot a Glock today"..........

It went something like this- "I shot my buddy's Glock today...and I hit it on the first shot!"
It took a second... =))
Wow, I am slow today...it went over my head until Tejas helped with the laugh-emoji. Great post Higgy.
Bfgloki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 pm It’s a premium I think when compared to the clones like the S&W SD9VE and the Secuirty 9. Those can be had for under 300 and both shoot / feel exactly like glocks to me anyhow. I actually was on the fence between the Ruger and the S&W as my truck gun but Ruger won out cause of my faith in the company ( and it wasn’t a land slide)
I haven't shot the security 9, but in general rugers come with pretty crappy trigger worse then Glock IMO. The other annoying thing with Ruger they come out with some new 9mm every 6 months with all new mag's standardize your damn mags thats why I like Glock, CZ and Canik cross compatibility with mags. I been debating between a Taurus or used PD trade in g22 to leave in the truck.
By Bfgloki
Trigger is about the same as the Glock . Reset is tighter. The mag situation could be an issue. I bought 2 extra right away which seems like a prudent practice for any side arm you plan on carrying/ truck support.
By GaCop
Tejas Products wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:07 pm Nope, Nada....

I shot a regular 19 9mm last year and didn't like it... The Glock 40cal.... YUCKY....... Was at the range this morning with a friend... I had my SFX and my new Girson... He had his Glock... Sorry folks... Not even close in my book.... You should have seen his eyes when he shot my Canik, First thing he said was nice trigger job... I'm like NOPE... STOCK .... The trigger on his Glock was horrible..... Sorry Glock Fans... I'm happy you like them.... Not my cup of tea..... End Rant..... :-)
Not a rant, just the truth...…
By Bfgloki
I agree, when I first was telling my buddies I was actually going to get into handguns after my arthritis issues were under control all I heard was Glocksense ( Glock nonsense...not that I dislike Glock, just it’s the blind fan boy mentality...sort of like Cowboy fans😆). I borrowed and rented several of the big brands. Sig, Glock, Beretta and S&W. I was fortunate to be gifted a M&P 22 full size which is a great 22 btw. Shortly after the Ruger and the APX came into my life. The 19 I got recently was a fellow soon to be retiree wanting to trim down his stash. He wouldn’t sell me his Kimber 1911 but the Glock 19 was too good a deal to pass up. My daughter likes the Glock so if I do t take to it for my carry piece and or the CanIk Sub Elite stays a unicorn, she will inherit it for her carry/car use.
By runeight
I call them Blocks at the LGS.

I do have one, 17L. Glock only does a run every couple of years and somewhat hard to find. I did a lot of upgrades. Grips, magwell, magazine extensions, guide rod and spring. Yes, trigger too. Acme I think. Big difference.

Had a couple of offers but just can’t part with it. Am I a Block fan? Not really but I do like this one.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]