This sure is tempting me

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:52 pm

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/217748

I might have to put my RIA up for sale and get this guy.
1 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Janik » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Oh crap! I wish I didn't click on the link. I have to save my money for our move, but it sure is tempting.
0 x

rcems2000
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by rcems2000 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Very nice looking 1911 at good price.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Good thing i dont care about 1911's nor know anything about the ade sights.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:40 am

Yea... If I have time today, I'm going to post my RIA .45 up for sale on Texas Gun Trader.... Maybe even my AR-47.. My RIA is one of the higher end ones and it's fantastic... But now that I'm getting into red dots, any opportunity to get a gun that supports one really peaks my interest.... Now that I'm older, the red dots really help with my shooting..
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:46 am

psa ar47? what gen?
0 x

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by runeight » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:40 am
Yea... If I have time today, I'm going to post my RIA .45 up for sale on Texas Gun Trader.... Maybe even my AR-47.. My RIA is one of the higher end ones and it's fantastic... But now that I'm getting into red dots, any opportunity to get a gun that supports one really peaks my interest.... Now that I'm older, the red dots really help with my shooting..
Which model RIA? Looking for a used one preferably in Nickel Polish.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

User avatar
Weapon
Global Moderator
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm
Founding Member #: 005

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Weapon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:16 am

The red dot on that looks really fairly high off the bore axis but it may just be the red or the pic.

The Girsan 1911s are fairly tempting. From what I can tell, after you knock off a burr here and there they can be great pistols.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 am

runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:40 am
Yea... If I have time today, I'm going to post my RIA .45 up for sale on Texas Gun Trader.... Maybe even my AR-47.. My RIA is one of the higher end ones and it's fantastic... But now that I'm getting into red dots, any opportunity to get a gun that supports one really peaks my interest.... Now that I'm older, the red dots really help with my shooting..
Which model RIA? Looking for a used one preferably in Nickel Polish.
ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 TACTICAL BLACK PARKERIZED .45 ACP 5-INCH 8RD
3 mags
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:46 am
psa ar47? what gen?
Actually a home build..

Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 upper
PSA Lower
2 Mags
Scope
can add up to 200 rounds of ammo...
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 am

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:46 am
psa ar47? what gen?
Actually a home build..

Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 upper
PSA Lower
2 Mags
Scope
can add up to 200 rounds of ammo...
How's she shoot? I dont know much about the BCA stuff other then their 5.56 barrels get mixed reviews some saying they shoot moa others saying they cant hit an elephant.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 am
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:46 am
psa ar47? what gen?
Actually a home build..

Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 upper
PSA Lower
2 Mags
Scope
can add up to 200 rounds of ammo...
How's she shoot? I dont know much about the BCA stuff other then their 5.56 barrels get mixed reviews some saying they shoot moa others saying they cant hit an elephant.
Absolutly awesome...
I have it ranged out to about 75 yards.... I sent about 50 rounds after zeroed in and kept everything in the black..... Just a wee bit more kick than a 556 round...
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by runeight » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 am
runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:40 am
Yea... If I have time today, I'm going to post my RIA .45 up for sale on Texas Gun Trader.... Maybe even my AR-47.. My RIA is one of the higher end ones and it's fantastic... But now that I'm getting into red dots, any opportunity to get a gun that supports one really peaks my interest.... Now that I'm older, the red dots really help with my shooting..
Which model RIA? Looking for a used one preferably in Nickel Polish.
ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 TACTICAL BLACK PARKERIZED .45 ACP 5-INCH 8RD
3 mags
OK, PM me a price and model number. Pics help also.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:43 pm

runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:25 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 am
runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am


Which model RIA? Looking for a used one preferably in Nickel Polish.
ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 TACTICAL BLACK PARKERIZED .45 ACP 5-INCH 8RD
3 mags
OK, PM me a price and model number. Pics help also.
Will do.
I only have about 200 or less rounds through it... I also have 3 mags, original box, manual, etc... Excellent shooter and I normally wouldn't be getting rid of it, but I really like the one in the link... I'll set a good price... I'm not one of those who try to get more than what it's worth.... Where are you located ?
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by runeight » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:43 pm
runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:25 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 am


ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 TACTICAL BLACK PARKERIZED .45 ACP 5-INCH 8RD
3 mags
OK, PM me a price and model number. Pics help also.
Will do.
I only have about 200 or less rounds through it... I also have 3 mags, original box, manual, etc... Excellent shooter and I normally wouldn't be getting rid of it, but I really like the one in the link... I'll set a good price... I'm not one of those who try to get more than what it's worth.... Where are you located ?
Bullhead City, Arizona. We buy guns here! A lot of them. :lol: Thinking it’s model #51431.

You can use my email listed.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 am
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am


Actually a home build..

Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 upper
PSA Lower
2 Mags
Scope
can add up to 200 rounds of ammo...
How's she shoot? I dont know much about the BCA stuff other then their 5.56 barrels get mixed reviews some saying they shoot moa others saying they cant hit an elephant.
Absolutly awesome...
I have it ranged out to about 75 yards.... I sent about 50 rounds after zeroed in and kept everything in the black..... Just a wee bit more kick than a 556 round...
16"? I might be interested been toying with idea of picking up one from PSA though was kinda thinking about doing pistol length with brace. You can PM me with a price and more info on scope? Also what type of AK mag's have you run through it? I got mostly steel combloc and bulgarian waffles.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:03 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:58 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 am


How's she shoot? I dont know much about the BCA stuff other then their 5.56 barrels get mixed reviews some saying they shoot moa others saying they cant hit an elephant.
Absolutly awesome...
I have it ranged out to about 75 yards.... I sent about 50 rounds after zeroed in and kept everything in the black..... Just a wee bit more kick than a 556 round...
16"? I might be interested been toying with idea of picking up one from PSA though was kinda thinking about doing pistol length with brace. You can PM me with a price and more info on scope? Also what type of AK mag's have you run through it? I got mostly steel combloc and bulgarian waffles.
Will do... I'll get some pictures and a good price for you and send PM.... I probably have $600.00 in it right now.... The mags that I bought with the upper are steal mags... They are specific to the AR platform but in the 7.62 range...
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

tolofrhr
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by tolofrhr » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:34 pm

I was lusting after the Girsan.... instead I decided to get a SFX....
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:10 pm

tolofrhr wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:34 pm
I was lusting after the Girsan.... instead I decided to get a SFX....
Smart move.

I'm not adding to my collection anymore, only replacing.... I have to sell one to get one....
1 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am
Founding Member #: 999

Re: This sure is tempting me

Post by Badgerboy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm

runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:25 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:28 am
runeight wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am


Which model RIA? Looking for a used one preferably in Nickel Polish.
ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911 TACTICAL BLACK PARKERIZED .45 ACP 5-INCH 8RD
3 mags
OK, PM me a price and model number. Pics help also.
Way to go Tejas...Feed runeight's tapeworm... [-X
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

Post Reply