General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
- Supporting Vendor
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 pm
- Location: Fletcher, NC
We're looking at getting the Asmund 3D metal printed from 3DEO, same guys that print parts for Big Horn Armory. If it works out we'll be doing some crazy stuff to the trigger and running a lot of other triggers through that shop.
Finally had a chance to take those out and put some more rounds through them. I am always surprised by how little recoil they have for their size. I guess it’s the double stack grip that makes them much easier to hold onto when compared to other pistols like the LC9s. No failures out of them yet.
Found mine for $175 new and free shipping. Immediately yanked the trigger out and put the dremel to it. Thanks again to Tejas for the custom grip wrap(what else am I supposed to do with a purple gun) I typically pull my shots a little to the left but otherwise I get 1” groupings at 10yds with this thing. Trigger reset would be the only gripe I really have. And for added fun I throw in my 18 round mag from my DA. I didn’t see it mentioned but the dimensions are damn near the same as the canik sc.
Solid write up, but as you noted, most of the upgrades aren’t worth putting on this gun. I carry with a belly band so I can move it around based on clothing, only issue I had was the slide release catching the stitching. A little tape over the catch point cleared that up.
- INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- ↳ INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ KNOWLEDGE BASE
- CANIK FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK (CENTURY & TRISTAR) GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES & AFTERMARKET PRODUCT REVIEWS
- ↳ CANIK REVIEWS AND RANGE REPORTS
- ↳ CANIK TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION
- GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS (Non-Canik)
- ↳ AMMUNITION & RELOADING DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ HOT DEALS ON GUNS & GEAR
- ↳ FREE FIRE ZONE
- COMPETITION, TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- ↳ COMPETITION: IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-GUN DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ BASIC FIREARM & DEFENSIVE SKILLS, DRILLS & TRAINING
- ↳ UPCOMING COMPETITIONS, EVENTS & MEET UPS
- SUPPORTING VENDORS
- ↳ CF Gear - Canik Fanatik & 2A Gear
- ↳ Galloway Precision
- ↳ Tejas Products
- ↳ BUY-SELL-TRADE