San Antonio TX Comp Suggestions

Discussion for Competition Shooting.
TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

San Antonio TX Comp Suggestions

Post by TacoTyrant » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:07 am

Im outside of San Antonio looking to learn more about getting into competition.

Right now I’m trying to learn from YouTube videos But thinking it may be good to see it in real life and ask questions.

It looks like there’s a few around in my area (river city, alpha mike). anyone from the area have opinions of either of them, or should I just try them both out?

Thanks!
0 x

Sandpaper

Re: San Antonio TX Comp Suggestions

Post by Sandpaper » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Not from there but my advice is to just sign up go and shoot. Nobody cares about your score but you so don't be nervous. Just be safe. At my first match I had two goals: 1 Be safe, 2 Don't get a DQ. Getting the first one done is a big step. GO FOR IT BRO! Good luck and we are with you.
1 x
How do I delete my profile?

TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacoTyrant » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks! Gotta wait for my pistol to get back from century then I’m all over it. I’ll keep y’all posted.
1 x

free_bawler

Post by free_bawler » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm

I shoot with both Alpha-Mike (USPSA) and Texas Tactical (IDPA) as well as the Bandera IDPA group on occasion. Depending on which part of town you're in, I'd suggest coming out to Cedar Ridge Range on the weekends and running with the Texas Tactical group if you're just getting started. They're a great group of guys and we welcome all new shooters. Go to www.cedarridgerange and click on the "Competition Clubs" tab to see schedules. All clubs normally have sign ups starting at 9 AM with hammer down at 10 AM. New shooters wanting to get in good with the club may consider showing up at 8 AM to help setup. It gives you a chance to meet the Match Directors and safety officers before everyone arrives. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.
1 x

TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacoTyrant » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:40 am

free_bawler wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm
I shoot with both Alpha-Mike (USPSA) and Texas Tactical (IDPA) as well as the Bandera IDPA group on occasion. Depending on which part of town you're in, I'd suggest coming out to Cedar Ridge Range on the weekends and running with the Texas Tactical group if you're just getting started. They're a great group of guys and we welcome all new shooters. Go to www.cedarridgerange and click on the "Competition Clubs" tab to see schedules. All clubs normally have sign ups starting at 9 AM with hammer down at 10 AM. New shooters wanting to get in good with the club may consider showing up at 8 AM to help setup. It gives you a chance to meet the Match Directors and safety officers before everyone arrives. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.
Great info. Thanks! I went to my first comp this weekend with Texas Tactical in Bandera. A bunch of great folks! I’ll check out cedar ridge. Thanks again!
0 x