Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Discussion for Competition Shooting.
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Re: Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:02 am

Helped run an Action Pistol match at my club today, which is designed to introduce new shooter to the sport. Most have only shot statically from a fixed firing line. Was asked to RO a squad, and spent most of my time pretty much stressing safety, stage planning based on IDPA vs USPSA rules, how and why I was planning to run the stage, and answering questions on equipment. I certainly have a new found respect for all the ROs and SOs that make a match happen. This was probably a little more stressful due to the "newness" factor, and trying to not get my A$$ shot!!! :lol:

I had one other experienced guy and one semi experienced with me running the tablet and timer when I had to run. Definitely a big help! I always ran last and the guys got a kick watching me run it. Stage 3 was one that showed I am no different than anyone else...I forgot to shoot a target through a portal. Unfortunately it cost me the match! :sad: There were two other CO EX "young" shooters and another ESP EX on the other squad. I did manage to win two of the stages, kicking some "youngin" butt!! :lol:

All in all I actually enjoyed it. It was nice to pass on things that took me a while to learn. Everyone had fun and said they were definitely signing up for the next match.

Here's the stages.

Stage 1...
First time shooting through barrels and the echo definitely screwed up hearing the steel.

Stage 2...
Quick clean run and win.

Stage 3...
Left out the target through the portal.

Stage 4...
Another clean run and crushed the rack for the Win. Got a lot of laughs, some of the guys struggled from 10 yards.
2 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 am

GlennSFX wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:02 am
Helped run an Action Pistol match at my club today
Looked like a fun match.
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

EddieZoom

Post by EddieZoom » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:00 pm

IDPA match at a local club. Based on the final standings, looks like @GlennSFX burned down most of these stages...nice shooting Glenn.

I am still way too inconsistent...good stage, followed by a bad one. For this match I had a stage with 9 points down. Decided to get cute and try to "game" a stage by using strong hand only around a barricade instead of moving positions...you can see for yourself how it worked out ;-)

Shooting my SFX with Vortex Venom.

0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:06 pm

EddieZoom wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:00 pm
IDPA match at a local club. Based on the final standings, looks like @GlennSFX burned down most of these stages...nice shooting Glenn.

I am still way too inconsistent...good stage, followed by a bad one. For this match I had a stage with 9 points down. Decided to get cute and try to "game" a stage by using strong hand only around a barricade instead of moving positions...you can see for yourself how it worked out ;-)
THANKS!
:lol: :lol: ...GREAT MINDS think a like! (ME...l-))
I was the first on my squad to run that stage (1), and thought I was going to be cute and eliminate the left shooting position also. Cost me 8 points down and time, and I shot it freestyle to boot! :evil: No one else in the squad followed my lead!!! [-X

Overall had a good day and did well on the classifier.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Looked like fun shooting. Thx for the video.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:27 am

Shot a Steel Challenge match yesterday. This pretty much summed up my day!!!! l-) ... :lol:

Was stomping on the accelerator a little to hard. The one thing you have to do, is make sure to "see" the hits on the plates, especially the stop, and not just go by sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the first string I had two hits on the plate to the right of the stop, heard 5 "dings", but missed the stop, and had to make it up twice! The transitions were fast and I assumed I hit the stop. You can see the shot was on the left edge of the plate, which I though was the stop plate hit. Second mistake was not keeping the gun on the stop plate after the shot. Sometimes you're going pretty fast and tend to pull the gun back after the final shot, and not seeing the plate being hit. A definite NO-NO! Somehow when that buzzer goes off...the brain goes to mush! It's one of those things you say to yourself afterwards..."I know better", but failed to execute! ~X(

Anyways it was still a fun day! Somehow I finished 3rd out of 9 in CO...not sure how that happened. :lol:
0 x

Ben W.

Post by Ben W. » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am

Some days sugar, some days......
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:26 pm

What @Ben W. said.
GlennSFX wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:27 am
Second mistake was not keeping the gun on the stop plate after the shot.
Got that tee-shirt too.
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 pm

Seems there hasn't been much activity here.
Shot an IDPA match Sat and had a pretty good day. Stage 6 was interesting, first time I've had to shoot the gun while carrying something the entire stage. Stage was called "9mm Madness". As with all IDPA stages, it has a scenario..."While buying 9mm ammo at the local gun shop, a group of "thugs" (ANTIFA wouldn't be politically incorrect), enter and try to steal guns and ammo. Defend yourself and don't give up the ammo you just purchased."

Here's my run at it...

Pulled off a match win by 1.51 seconds.
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Ok, first Saturday of every month we have a "high count steel match". Arrays can have almost any number of plates to shoot. We've had as high as 13. It's a "blast".

Here is two of the three stages; I forgot to turn on the camera for stage one. DUH!

Third video is the after-match match, a bowling pin match man-o-mano. Blind draw for the brackets. PCCs or rim-fire rifles lay the rifle on a table. If a Carry Optics (CO) goes against a iron sight shooter, CO gets a one half second penalty. All for fun and a small purse for the winner, runner up and semi-finalists.

And away we go!

1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

Despicable Bee

Post by Despicable Bee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 pm

Apparently I need 25 replies before I can create my own posts so here is one. Sorry.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:11 pm

Shot a USPSA match today. Four stages and a classifier. So where are the videos you ask? My "film crew" had their camera, the put it on my hat, but they failed to remind me to turn it on FIVE times!

DUH! :ymapplause: l-)

So my scores are worth a 1000's head-slaps......

0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by colonel00 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Get a chamber flag that says "Turn on Camera!" :D
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:13 am

colonel00 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 pm
Get a chamber flag that says "Turn on Camera!"
I actually was thinking on putting something like that on the bottom of #1 magazine.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image