Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Discussion for Competition Shooting.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:46 am
AND...now there's no excuses for not having "time" to get some dry fire practice it!
Yeah, excuses are like butts, we all have them. 👍

Thx for the tips. Practice, practice, practice.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Notice in the picture the reach of my thumb. While my thumbs are opposed :d , they are not very long. I'm getting an extended mag release to see if that makes it a little easier.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:57 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Notice in the picture the reach of my thumb. While my thumbs are opposed :d , they are not very long. I'm getting an extended mag release to see if that makes it a little easier.
It's one of those things you just have to try. The SFx has three different lengths for the mag release, base extension, and a medium and large piece you add on. I'm using it with no extension added to the base. The extensions were biting into my support hand. You might have to slightly adjust your grip during the release. As you're inserting the new mag, just return to your normal shooting grip. With practice you wouldn't even know you're doing it.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Steel Challenge/Outlaw Steel Hybrid match today.

I decided to shoot my SFx in Carry Optics with a Holosun 507C mounted on it. As you look at this remember, DISCLAIMER: this was my first match ever using an optic.

Stage 1; got eaten by either the video editing team or the Cookie Monster. 🎬📽

Stage 2; a couple of bobbles but nothing to horrid.

Stage 3; had a couple of OK runs. I'm starting to warm up to the optic.

Stage 4; Oh poop.... Lesson learned for the day. No matter how good the sight picture looks through the Holosun when the sun it out, a cloud will go over at the least inopportune moment. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS turn the battery side of the Holosun to mimic the solar side of the sight. Passing clouds will not be noticed.

Stage 5; Last three runs were SMOKING!

Stage 6; Sometimes I think the steel is alive and mores on it's own. No, really.

All in all, a good time was had by all. The high today was 80 with breathable air vice the normal water suspended in what passes for air in the South.

I will keep shooting the optic; I can wear either my prescription glasses or sunglasses without blurring the sight picture.

Besides, the chicks dig guys who shoot Carry Optics. **== :d (No chickens were hurt in the making of these videos)
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

sgschwend

Post by sgschwend » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:38 pm

December 28, 2019
Speed Steel shoot at Whidbey Island, WA,
Bay 2 has two shooting position. The distance of the first is 15 yards and the second is 28 yards. Both shown in 7 second clips. I had trouble with the longer shots (the shooter is not me). Let me know if the vids are not reachable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L5iTSpMa7bb6PipF6
0 x
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:17 am

I got to the videos OK but they loaded backwards, you were shooting with your left hand. :d

Good shooting.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

sgschwend

Post by sgschwend » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:26 am

Yes, that was Tom. He is left handed, and an instructor. I talked to him for the first time that day, he explained what folks here have been helping me with how to aim with iron sights. He explained how he uses the "Dot Drill" to teach proper aiming. His philosophy is that aiming is situation based. This particular type of shoot is repeated 5 times; I posted the one that showed a miss on the stop plate because I thought the video sound shows how attractive shooting steel is given how easy the sound feedback reaches the shooter.

I did have an OK day, which left me wanting to do better, it a was fun day. The 9mm worked flawlessly. I was able to point and shoot on the close-up targets which gave me good beginner times, 4-7 seconds on those.
1 x
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:34 am

Well off to a good start for 2020...shot an indoor match yesterday and won it. Makes up for the "DQ" in my last IDPA match in 2019! Was having a great match until the last stage (6), started to run by a hidden target, turned, and just broke the 180! I was PISSED...live and learn!!!

Figures I didn't get any video!!! :sad:

1 x