Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Discussion for Competition Shooting.
NWcityguy2

Re: Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Post by NWcityguy2 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:40 pm
LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:10 pm
Clear as mud.
This will help...

#-O ...thing is "I" don't know if it was defined as soft or hard cover in the stage description. Looks like I'll be checking in the future!
Soft cover will be defined in the stage description, and all other cover is going to be considered hard cover. An example of soft cover is going to be vision barriers like sheets/blankets, or I've even used a pallet. This way, a shooter has to aim for where they think the A-zone is without actually seeing it. If you aren't being told that something is soft cover, it is not.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Fri May 10, 2019 4:51 am

NWcityguy2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 pm
GlennSFX wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:40 pm
LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:10 pm
Clear as mud.
This will help...

#-O ...thing is "I" don't know if it was defined as soft or hard cover in the stage description. Looks like I'll be checking in the future!
Soft cover will be defined in the stage description, and all other cover is going to be considered hard cover. An example of soft cover is going to be vision barriers like sheets/blankets, or I've even used a pallet. This way, a shooter has to aim for where they think the A-zone is without actually seeing it. If you aren't being told that something is soft cover, it is not.
I did confirm at the next shoot that the barrels were soft cover. I guess I wasn't paying attention! Probably why I got "whacked" a few times as a kid in parochial school! :lol:
0 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Back out with my PCC again. 1st of 3rd in PCC division, 1st of 29 overall. I've finally got my gun shooting closer to power factor, which has been a big help. Before I got my chronograph, I had no clue where I was at shooting 9mm ammo out of a 16" barrel. It turns out, I was way over what I needed to be. Now that I have toned down my ammo to about 134 PF, as opposed to close to 150 PF, it runs much smoother during double taps.
2 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat May 11, 2019 5:35 pm

WOW! Very cool. Thx for sharing.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

ImMobyYouDick
Founding Member #: 1337

Post by ImMobyYouDick » Sun May 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Had my best run on a classifer so far, nailing that sweet B on one of the new 2019 stages. Good looks to Overwatch Defense for making sure my Canik stands out a bit from the rest out there this season!
2 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Good shooting. Something that's on option on that classifier is to engage one of the far targets from the back, that way the reload can be performed while on the move.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun May 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Good run and yes, the color really stood out at the end of the second run.

What camera setup are you running?
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

ImMobyYouDick

Post by ImMobyYouDick » Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm

^:)^
NWcityguy2 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:44 pm
Good shooting. Something that's on option on that classifier is to engage one of the far targets from the back, that way the reload can be performed while on the move.
Ya it was one of the options I debated. Instead I opted to try for the easier shot and higher points, as I'm not the fastest guy in my feet.
0 x

ImMobyYouDick

Post by ImMobyYouDick » Sun May 12, 2019 4:56 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:45 pm
Good run and yes, the color really stood out at the end of the second run.

What camera setup are you running?
That was a GoPro Hero 7 Black. It was my first time running it, and it was awesome
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm

ImMobyYouDick wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm
^:)^
NWcityguy2 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:44 pm
Ya it was one of the options I debated. Instead I opted to try for the easier shot and higher points, as I'm not the fastest guy in my feet.
NICE RUN!!!
There's always the "time vs accuracy" thing.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 pm

NWcityguy2 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Back out with my PCC again. 1st of 3rd in PCC division, 1st of 29 overall. I've finally got my gun shooting closer to power factor, which has been a big help. Before I got my chronograph, I had no clue where I was at shooting 9mm ammo out of a 16" barrel. It turns out, I was way over what I needed to be. Now that I have toned down my ammo to about 134 PF, as opposed to close to 150 PF, it runs much smoother during double taps.
EXCELLENT JOB!!!
We're just starting to see PCC in the matches up here. The one I shot Saturday will have PCC starting with their next match.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun May 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Shot a USPSA match Saturday. Finished 11th overall. 6 shooter in front were Open guys shooting Major, hard to touch them!!! :lol:

Had my second double feed in my last two matches! :evil: Had to be on a classifier too.
I'm going to change to 1.1 OAL from 1.14 for the 145 RN. Never had any feeding issues with the 147 flats at 1.125. It happened with two different mags too.

First stage I almost missed a piece of steel, cost me a few seconds too! :evil:

Overall it was a fun day, and it was nice to see the sun!!! Weather has been really rainy here!

0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Stage three you reached up and pulled the mag out vice letting it drop. I have found myself doing it too. I'm trying to stop doing that but it seems, ah, natural.

You still finish much higher in the ranking than I do. No matter what, it's a hoot.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Mon May 13, 2019 5:25 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 pm
Stage three you reached up and pulled the mag out vice letting it drop. I have found myself doing it too. I'm trying to stop doing that but it seems, ah, natural.

You still finish much higher in the ranking than I do. No matter what, it's a hoot.
I got GREEDY on that stage!!! Round count was 21 and thought I could run it without a reload. STUPID MOVE!!! ~X(
I took one extra shot on the #4 steel, and one on the right side tuxedo #2...OOPS, going to be 1 round short!!! I wanted to rip the mag out as fast as possible seeing it was empty. Should have just reloaded on the move to the tuxedo group!!! Won't make that mistake again.
0 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Had my second double feed in my last two matches! :evil: Had to be on a classifier too.
I'm going to change to 1.1 OAL from 1.14 for the 145 RN. Never had any feeding issues with the 147 flats at 1.125. It happened with two different mags too.
On your malfunction on the classifier, I didn't see any brass eject from your gun on the shot prior to the malfunction. It looked more like a failure to extract or eject than it did a double feed.
0 x

Arnold229

Post by Arnold229 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 pm

These are from our local match last weekend its my third match ever and I'm an instant addict lol.
Attachments
6845.jpeg
6845.jpeg (714.58 KiB) Viewed 381 times
6847.jpeg
6847.jpeg (733.35 KiB) Viewed 381 times
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Arnold229 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 pm
These are from our local match last weekend
You had to carry the bag? Interesting.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Tue May 14, 2019 5:53 am

NWcityguy2 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm
GlennSFX wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:40 pm

On your malfunction on the classifier, I didn't see any brass eject from your gun on the shot prior to the malfunction. It looked more like a failure to extract or eject than it did a double feed.
YUP!!! I was talking to my son about it last night and noticed the same thing looking at the video again. I have a spare extractor and spring and decided to swap it out. It didn't look noticeably bad, so I decided to take a mic to it, and it measured a few thousands smaller. Also the "hook" wasn't quite as sharp/defined as the new one. I'm sure I probably have over 10K through the gun now so a new one is probably called for!

I'll head to the indoor range and run a couple hundred rounds through it. Have a 10 stage match Saturday and would like to see it run flawlessly!!!

Thanks!
0 x

Arnold229

Post by Arnold229 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:52 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Arnold229 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 pm
These are from our local match last weekend
You had to carry the bag? Interesting.
Yea u could only put it in the car and shoot with your butt on the seat so it was quicker for me to just hold it. And i needed the strong hand practice.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun May 19, 2019 8:16 am

Shot the Aiming For Zero match yesterday. It's a charity event to raise money for Veterans Suicide Prevention... https://www.sigsauer.com/aimingforzero/

With all the rain we've been having, we were fortunate to be blessed with an absolutely beautiful day!!! Squaded with some really nice guys which made it a lot of fun. There was a lot of steel stages which everyone loved, nothing better than the sounds of rounds whacking steel! :lol:

We were squad 202, so we started on stage 2. It was 25 steel plates and we had to start with 6 shots in a "Stage Gun". The RO was telling us how to work with it and be careful, as one guy got DQed in front of us on his very first stage. I guess I was thinking too much about it and forgot to turn my dot on!!! :cry:

Gun ran well. Only issue I'm is mags not dropping cleanly. I need to strip the frame and give it a through cleaning. Thinking of buying an ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight. There's been a couple posts in the forum I'll have to find.

Received a number of complements on the "Team Canik" shirt! Shout out to @Janik and "Lima Charlie" for doing a great job with them!!! I did buy a "Match Jersey" but decide to display the "Team Colors"! :-D

The day ended with a bunch of raffles, and I ended up winning a Surefire G2X Pro flashlight and a really nice aluminum Samson M-Lok vertical foregrip. Nice way to end the day!

Here's a video I threw together with the POV video from the Mobius hat cam...

2 x