Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion for Competition Shooting.
I shoot USPSA.... Class D (Limited). All stock (even holster) SFx and cheapo 2-mag holder. Have (4) 20rd mags. Most stages i'll never even need the 3rd mag. Looks intimidating at first with all the gear and race guns, etc. But the shooters are all over the spectrum (good-bad) so I wind up in the middle usually! Most ranges usually have a club or team or host matches.

Its fun. I just went and shot one to start... my gear was jacked up and low-speed and took my time until I got more comfortable. A seasoned guy asked why my mag/bullets were facing the way it was.... I didn't know, so I got an explanation of how to. Everyone helps. Best suggestion, get earmuffs that electronic dampen with mics so you can talk (and hear).
Lthrnck1775 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:15 am I shoot USPSA.... Class D (Limited). All stock (even holster) SFx and cheapo 2-mag holder. Have (4) 20rd mags. Most stages i'll never even need the 3rd mag. Looks intimidating at first with all the gear and race guns, etc. But the shooters are all over the spectrum (good-bad) so I wind up in the middle usually! Most ranges usually have a club or team or host matches.

Its fun. I just went and shot one to start... my gear was jacked up and low-speed and took my time until I got more comfortable. A seasoned guy asked why my mag/bullets were facing the way it was.... I didn't know, so I got an explanation of how to. Everyone helps. Best suggestion, get earmuffs that electronic dampen with mics so you can talk (and hear).
Everything stated here is PERFECT!

Don't be intimidated by the race guns; it's me against the clock and myself. If pretty won matches I'd be a permanent 38th out of 37 shooters.
I shoot in our Monthly Steel Shootout, and when I have the time to make it, I want to do more USPSA shoots. I've only done one, and it was great!

Prmarily, I shoot the Canik TP9sfx with a Vortex Venom. Love the combo, but my eyes are getting old, so I need a red dot with a larger window and somewhere between 5 and 8 MOA.

I also shoot the S&W Victory...unless my wife wants to shoot.

Finally...for the PCC catagory...I shoot a KelTek Sub-2000 with a red dot.

I've been doing this for two years now, and it's been awesome! I was really tired of shooting paper at the range, and shooting steel has changed everything for me. I can't recommend it enough!

Hendo
Very off and on for years, USPSA and IDPA, prefer USPSA for sure. IDPA for training really and use my EDC gun for that. Run SS Divsion and classify with a 92FS in Production. Planning on SFX for CO. How far I go with CO I dont know, I flat love SS and will be hard to break from. Love the challenge of it, plus bending over to rescue 40 empty mags is good excercise!! Wish there was more steel shoots around, usually have make a huge journey for good steel shoots
Been shooting different competitions since the early 90's. IPSC, bullseye, PPC. We just started shooting Steel Challenge style matches at our club last summer and i purchased the sfx for those matches. We are also the only club in WV still shooting NRA silhouette matches. Advancing age and eye sight make shooting steel the preferred game these days
I just started in June of this year, here in Arizona at our local club/range. I have shot Steel challenge, paper, and USPSA. Literally three matches. But have watched and observed, helped out, taping, setup, brass collection for another 3 or four without shooting. I started out shooting my tp9sa in desert tan. And what a gun to start out with. Just phenominal. I have many rounds thru this gun recreationally, but in competition, so impressed. The guys and gals at the range have all been so supportive, and always willing to help the right person, so long as you come in humble, ears open, mouth shut, willing to be part of the team. They lent me necessities like belts, pouches, advice and patience. I have, since starting out, made a sizeable amount of an investment, by squeezing the money tree, into a tp9sfx, belts, replica scorpion pouches, yes, from Amazon, thank god for Amazon! I built extended magazines, purchase a used/rebuilt Dillon Square Deal from some nice folks here at the range. I shoot production with both guns, but am saving for an optic on the sfx for carry optics. The money three needs miracle grow, stat! I love the sport, the challenge, the camaraderie, and definitely the like-minded folks. We say the pledge of allegiance before every match, and have packed lunches after. What gets better than that. I'm hooked and am committed to serving and shooting at my club. In the future, I would like to venture to other clubs to step outside my comfort zone and see the diversity in the sport, meet some more folks, and learn as much as I can. I'm hooked!
tucker03 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:33 pm The money three needs miracle grow, stat!
All of us with this hobby stay that.
tucker03 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:33 pmI'm hooked!
I just received my first promotion to "D" in production. I feel very much like you, the people are great, the shooting is great and I've found a perfect hobby for me. **== **== **==
I watched your match video LT. Sure looked like you were having fun. Congrats on the D classifier. I shot last week with a classifier and, lol, still need to find out how I scored. There is so much to learn and know, but I'll tell you what...bring it on, I love it. And thank you for your service by the way. I support anyone who supports our great nation.
I used to compete in Service weapon competitions, M9's, M4's and A4's. Took plenty of base match trophies, a handful of Division Match medals and competed (but didn't place) in Nationals. Brand spanking new to the steel stuff. Used to watch Travis Tomasie reload and think, man that'd be awesome to do. Jerry Miculek is my revolver hero.
Been getting my feet wet. I did a few things in Tampa at Shooters World for their action shooting they do. Been wanting to get to Wyoming Antelope Club for their Tuesday night USPSA stuff (can't do weekends I work overnights on the weekends). I just recently got my hands on my TP9SFX, just need a new holster and some mags and I'll start to compete in Production! When I feel I'm settled into Production division, I wanna move over into Carry Optics!
Hello to everyone

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. JG

Hows the glass on the Swampfox? I've been seeing[…]

Our largest LGS usually has ammo, but at the highe[…]

Hello from MD

Welcome to the site!