Tp9sfx Firing pin not resetting

Having and issue with your Canik Firearm? Post your problem here for other members to assist with finding a resolution.
Edalcrx

Tp9sfx Firing pin not resetting

Post by Edalcrx » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi. I'm having trouble with my canik tp9sfx the firing pin dosen't always reset or goes completely to the back after shooting and holding the trigger back and it becomes a dead trigger. when this happens I have to manually move back the slide say about 3/8 of an inch and the firing pin resets or goes completely to the back position and you can see the red of the indicator everything looks good on the slide and frame no missing parts or springs. I have tried many different ammo (no reloads )and she likes 124 grain but the problem persists the gun fires good ejects good feeds properly no other malfunctions other than that. Basically I have a single shot handgun when this happens. Anybody have this issue and how have they resolved it? Thanks for your help.
0 x

AzDanMan

Re: Tp9sfx Firing pin not resetting

Post by AzDanMan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Have you removed the firing pin and checked inside? It could be dirty.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 am

There was a post of a rough edge in the firing pin channel. Agree with @AzDanMan remove the firing pin, clean it and the channel well. inspect the firing pin for marks where it is getting hung up of catching and edge.

If all else fails contact Century Arms, their customer service gets rave reviews.
2 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Bchasse99
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 351

Post by Bchasse99 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 am

As the LT mentions.. remove firing pin and clean it, check it for marks, if your able, remove the spring, the little end caps... although the stock spring is a very very stout spring and wouldn't remove it unless you clearly see a problem....personally, I''d change the firing pin spring with a lighter spring...clean the channel good, qtips work good in that channel.

How long have you had your SFX? Did it function good and now this problem popped? Just wondering as I have an SFX and I don't have any firing pin issues so i think the group can benefit from taking a closer look at your issue and help you out. As was mentioned, Century Arms will take care of you in replacement parts if needed.
0 x
Brian Chasse
U.S Air Force , SMSgt (Ret)