swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
A bodach, is a trickster figure in Gaelic folklore and mythology. Usually associated with an “old man” demeanor.

I like the phrase, “Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.” I’m not as old as some, but it resonates with me and Bodach just clicked.
Mine is my childhood nickname, I am the first grandson so in Spanish its bebito of the family but bebo stuck. 512 is for my Austin area code. Also [mention]DWARREN123[/mention]
C co. 1/506th “Currahee” 03-04
The avatar should give it away. I am a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. The first forum I tried to use it for already had a Marvin so I became marvin02

My soon to be 12 year old granddaughters know that you "Don't Panic" and you should always know where your towel is.

I am a fan of the TV series and books.

Also Dr. Who, Blake's 7, and Fawlty Towers. I used to watch a lot of PBS.

Edit: I submitted this and then realized I had not set an avatar. Fixed now.

You'll find me by the same user name in other forums.
Lgaam wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm Gaming/BBS handle from back in the stone ages. Also a literary reference

Lord General Alaric Anthony Morgan from Katherine Kurtz' Deryni series.
And I have a son named Kelson - guess where my wife got the name!
Mine's an old game reference from back when you had to build the scene in your mind, because all you got on the screen was words in glowing green.

"It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue."

I'm a picky Grue, though...I only eat females. Males are simply disassembled messily and used as bait for the next party of adventurers.
Maximumdarkside

I worked 7 years as a head night auditor for a chain of hotels in TN, and my Gm assigned me 666 as my passcode for making keys and assigning rooms. So when they said I had to have a username as well for logging into our servers and such at the hotel I figured I could one up him and went with maximumdarkside.
I used to race Motocross back in the hay days in SoCalif.

I had gotten one of the best open class MX bike a 76 Maico 440, It was a bear to start if you didn't know the technique.

One of my friends wanted to try it out, he was a little guy & rode a 250 that was easy to start!

He tried to kick the Maico over but couldn't & he yelled how do you start this BIG Maico?

The question turned into my nick name.
Very creative way to get people to yack for the first time, I like it. Mine is fairly boring, maybe.... Tucker is one of my favorite dogs, in my years. A very humble, yet protective German Shephard who got bit by a rattlesnake and died in the backyard of my home in Arizona in 2003. A way to never forget him. He was a damn good boy.
tucker03 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm Very creative way to get people to yack for the first time, I like it. Mine is fairly boring, maybe.... Tucker is one of my favorite dogs, in my years. A very humble, yet protective German Shephard who got bit by a rattlesnake and died in the backyard of my home in Arizona in 2003. A way to never forget him. He was a damn good boy.

You're not the Tucker from Sniper's Hide, by any chance??
Jester560 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 pm
tucker03 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm Very creative way to get people to yack for the first time, I like it. Mine is fairly boring, maybe.... Tucker is one of my favorite dogs, in my years. A very humble, yet protective German Shephard who got bit by a rattlesnake and died in the backyard of my home in Arizona in 2003. A way to never forget him. He was a damn good boy.

You're not the Tucker from Sniper's Hide, by any chance??
No, I'm not.

I got my Mete yesterday, cleaned and lubed everyth[…]

Stepping into modern era.

The red dot is mostly for the range. Shooting ter[…]

@Janik I see you are a mod. May I ask you fo[…]

i found that the "U" shaped rear[…]