Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
I just saw mention of this on the FB.

https://www.canikusa.com/mete-mc9

1.12" thick!
12 and 15 round mags

MSRP starting at $439.99!

I've been waiting and watching for a micro sized double stack 9mm with a decent trigger. I was thinking I was going to have to shell out $2K+ to get something like a Wilson Combat SFX9. But now.... I think the Mete MC is going to be it. I should be able to sell my Hellcat and maybe even retire my DW Guardian from EDC duty.
@TacticalSpeed What turns you off to it?

@frankthetank posted on FB that the MC9 should accept the bigger mags from a Rival, etc.. If so, that makes the MC9 a TOP choice for me for a new EDC.

A micro sized double stack 9 with a really good trigger, 12+1 rounds on tap, and a 20 round backup mag in hand sounds pretty ideal, to me. Especially coming with an IWB holster and being optic ready.
I definitely need to get my hands on one. I carry an Elite SC owb in the winter, and a G43X iwb in the summer, but this might be a good substitute for my Glock.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:41 pm Probably pick one of these up, wish it was cut for full size optic guess i need another 507k
I expect I will buy one. But, I'm thinking of a Holosun EPS Carry Green 6 for the optic. For an EDC pistol, I really do not want to risk pulling it for self-defense and having the dot not display because some shirt lint or something happened to get in there. The enclosed laser on the EPS seems like the way to go for an EDC optic, to me.

I currently have a 507C and a 407CO on different guns. If I did get a K series for the MC9, it would be the 407K. I would prefer the 6 MOA dot over the 2MOA/32MOA in the 5xx optics. I like the 8 MOA dot in the 407CO way better than the 2/32 in the 507C.
Way to go Canik! This is a no-brainer. I have a 4" Performance Center Shield Plus, which is a very nice shooter that I prefer over the Hellcat Pro or 365XL. Can wait to see how the Canik stacks up, although I think I can guess. Would love to see them come out with a 4" version of this as well.
Hmmm... Had my interest for a moment, but it just seems like a short-barrel EliteSC to me. And I find the longer barrel to be preferable, and the easiest dimension to conceal.

1. Length, .6" shorter than the SC (short barrel).

2. Height, only .08" shorter than the SC. This could be from lower profile sights?

3. Width (and this is interesting). Per their listed specs, this is .33" NARROWER than the SC, but it still takes standard mags? My guess is low-profile slide lock levers contribute to this? The aggressive and ambidextrous levers add a fair bit of width to the SC.

Editing to add... Not saying I wouldn't like one, just not ready to jump onboard until I actually hold one in my hand. I like the SC because it is a good compromise between size and something I can hold and shoot well.
keltex78 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:40 am Hmmm... Had my interest for a moment, but it just seems like a short-barrel EliteSC to me. And I find the longer barrel to be preferable, and the easiest dimension to conceal.

1. Length, .6" shorter than the SC (short barrel).

2. Height, only .08" shorter than the SC. This could be from lower profile sights?

3. Width (and this is interesting). Per their listed specs, this is .33" NARROWER than the SC, but it still takes standard mags? My guess is low-profile slide lock levers contribute to this? The aggressive and ambidextrous levers add a fair bit of width to the SC.

Editing to add... Not saying I wouldn't like one, just not ready to jump onboard until I actually hold one in my hand. I like the SC because it is a good compromise between size and something I can hold and shoot well.
I just measured across the grip area of my Rival (which has Talon grips on it). It measures 1.18".

The MC9 spec says width is 1.12". I'm guessing that means it is exactly the same as my Rival would be without the grip tape.

To me, that is great, because hopefully that means that what grip there is on the MC9 will feel JUST like holding my Rival. And with a full size mag with a sleeve on it, the MC9 will feel (hopefully!) virtually identical in all aspects to holding my Rival.

And.. that is how it uses the same mags - because that part of the gun is the same width as the other Caniks.

I reckon the spec on width is entirely based on reducing the chunkiness of the slide and other top end stuff. Duh. And, it wouldn't surprise me if the "Width" spec is measured across the frame now - or some other area that does not include the slide release levers.

I wonder if the part #s for the left side slide release lever are the same for Elite SC and MC9.

Or, who knows. Maybe they actually re-shaped the very top of the frame, to be narrower, and then made a new slide to match.

Looking at side view pics of the Elite SC and the MC9, they LOOK the same (from the side), despite such different specs for width. Sure leaves me wondering if the new spec for width is just a shell game and the MC9 really is pretty much identical to the Elite SC, other than barrel/slide length.

Hmmm....

I was all set to order an MC9. But, now, I think I'm going to maybe wait until they have them both in stock at my LGS and fondle them back-to-back.

I DO wish they would change all their pistols over to use the same actual trigger as what comes in the Rival. I really like the Rival's flat trigger (even though I replaced mine with a FS trigger).
Nice view in that video, definitely looks like it's a bit slimmer than the SC. Also looks like they've done a good job smoothing out the contours to make it more sleek while still keeping the Canik aesthetic.

Question is, can I still interchange the SFx slide to make a MCx long slide? :))

Trying to go off the HandgunHero images, it looks like the trigger reach is identical, which is a big part of why I find the SFx/SC so shootable, compared to other micro-compacts.

Intrigue building....
keltex78 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:56 pm Nice view in that video, definitely looks like it's a bit slimmer than the SC. Also looks like they've done a good job smoothing out the contours to make it more sleek while still keeping the Canik aesthetic.
Based on the pictures, and the fact that it accepts TP9 mags, I *think* it is identical from just below the slide release on down.

I.e. It looks to me like it should feel identical in the hand to an Elite SC, and use the same mags.

I see Bloody Wheels already has mag sleeves to fit an 18/20 round mag in an Elite SC, so here's to hoping those same sleeves will work with the MC9. That seems like it will result in something that has the same ergos as a Rival. And THAT would just be AWESOME.

12+1 when you need it to be tiny. 20+1 when there's much work to be done.

I was already super stoked about the Rival-S. 2023 could be the year that all my 1911s go into the safe and don't come out again!
StuartV wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:21 pm @TacticalSpeed What turns you off to it?

@frankthetank posted on FB that the MC9 should accept the bigger mags from a Rival, etc.. If so, that makes the MC9 a TOP choice for me for a new EDC.

A micro sized double stack 9 with a really good trigger, 12+1 rounds on tap, and a 20 round backup mag in hand sounds pretty ideal, to me. Especially coming with an IWB holster and being optic ready.
I love the Caniks I do have, but I also have a Hellcat and I don't see this having much/enough over it to justify me adding it to the collection. I'm sure it will be a great pistol

Welcome! It has appears you have embraced the add[…]

Hi Rick, please can you tell me which springs (Gl[…]

Welcome to the forum, Adam.

hello pros hope you guys are fine well i have mete[…]