Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
By colonel00
So I find myself in a weird, unexplainable quandary. I have some money sitting aside that can be spend and even a green light from the wife yet I'm at a loss for the next gun I want to get. There are some out there that are on my list but you can't get for a reasonable price like the Remington TAC-13 or a Marlin 1895 (any and all calibers). I'm also possibly saving for a Staccato XC as I love the Staccato P that I got at a great discount but man that is a hefty price.

So, let's discuss guns that are on your "want" list and what intrigues you and makes you want to buy them.
By Kb327
I would like to add a commander size 1911 ( have 2 5" SA's). There is just something that feels right when shooting a 1911. Although, mine are all steel, I wouldn't rule out an alloy frame. I like tinkering and have been considering a Tisas carry. A friend got one in stainless and although it eats anything, accuracy is not great. I think a tighter bushing (his is super sloppy) might help. I also would like something a little higher end. Only problem is that I would have to pay for it. Sounds like a christmas list, think Santa is listening?
By LT USN (Ret.)
In this order:
1. Canik Rival (No, really. Becomes primary Carry Optics competition gun and SFx becomes backup)
2. Taurus TX 22 Competition with good red dot for .22 steel matches
3. Mossberg 940 JM PRO 12 gauge (3 gun use and cuz I just want it)
4. Marlin 60 scope upgrade (for me Mrs.)
5. Anything I see online.....
By keltex78
Tac13? Can't comment on that, but the 12ga Mossberg Shockwave makes me grin every time. Nothing like a nice, legal, pump shorty shotty.

My current list...
I want the Long Barrel Tracker in .357. just because, and it's a good all-purpose round.

Next up, the Judge Poly Public Defender. Just like the looks of the Poly model, and the idea of a .410 snubby. It wouldn't serve any practical purpose, but be a fun range blaster.

And again, for no practical reason, a Heritage Barkeep Boot revolver.

Also, Keltec Sub2K. Love the idea of a packable folding carbine...
By TL1000RSquid
No tac experience but the Shockwaves cool, I'd prefer the 1895 though. Wouldn't mind a Stacato either have shot a couple very nice guns.

Various new Hi Powers on the market interest me, I do have 2 HP's now but they're far from pristine examples both are ex Israeli surplus's.
PSA AK102 pistol, until the russian ammo ban I was an AK purist only owned 7.62x39 and 5.45. Since the ban have started buying 5.56's to fill in for the 5.45 void.
Also still have a few rifles I either want to upgrade scopes on them or add red dots. Also want to get another 5.56 suppressor something nice and light.
By colonel00
keltex78 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:22 am Tac13? Can't comment on that, but the 12ga Mossberg Shockwave makes me grin every time. Nothing like a nice, legal, pump shorty shotty.

My current list...
I want the Long Barrel Tracker in .357. just because, and it's a good all-purpose round.

Next up, the Judge Poly Public Defender. Just like the looks of the Poly model, and the idea of a .410 snubby. It wouldn't serve any practical purpose, but be a fun range blaster.

And again, for no practical reason, a Heritage Barkeep Boot revolver.

Also, Keltec Sub2K. Love the idea of a packable folding carbine...
The Tac-13 is their semi-auto version based off the V3 gas system. Sadly, the production run was limited due to Remington's issues and what should sell as a $700 gun is now going for $2K in online auctions. I do have two of the Tac-14's (12 and 20ga) and yeah they are a hoot. Might pick up a shockwave at some point too.

Made a video 4 years ago when I first got my 12ga Tac-14 and my buddy got his Shockwave and we went out shooting clays. Definitely a lot of fun. https://youtu.be/eihIJ_6Q1bc
By colonel00
TL1000RSquid wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:35 pm No tac experience but the Shockwaves cool, I'd prefer the 1895 though. Wouldn't mind a Stacato either have shot a couple very nice guns.

Various new Hi Powers on the market interest me, I do have 2 HP's now but they're far from pristine examples both are ex Israeli surplus's.
PSA AK102 pistol, until the russian ammo ban I was an AK purist only owned 7.62x39 and 5.45. Since the ban have started buying 5.56's to fill in for the 5.45 void.
Also still have a few rifles I either want to upgrade scopes on them or add red dots. Also want to get another 5.56 suppressor something nice and light.
I could use another Russian gun at some point. I only have 1 right now but stocked up on 7.62x39 back when they first talked about restricting the imports before the full on ban. Have 4 cases of Wolf sitting at home now. 5.45 was intriguing but I'm way late the party now.

Oh, and the Staccato is amazing. Since I got a deal and basically got a P and 6 mags for $900 off, it was a steal I couldn't pass up. I'd love an XC but that $4500 price tag is just a bit much since I'm not really doing competitions.
By ncjw
Wilson EDC X9.

Why? It is heavier, no RMR option, almost 8x more expensive, and shoots no better than my Elite or an SFT Mete (since I am shooting it...).

But I still want it.
By TL1000RSquid
colonel00 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:17 am
I could use another Russian gun at some point. I only have 1 right now but stocked up on 7.62x39 back when they first talked about restricting the imports before the full on ban. Have 4 cases of Wolf sitting at home now. 5.45 was intriguing but I'm way late the party now.

Oh, and the Staccato is amazing. Since I got a deal and basically got a P and 6 mags for $900 off, it was a steal I couldn't pass up. I'd love an XC but that $4500 price tag is just a bit much since I'm not really doing competitions.
I stocked up more then I already was on x39,5.45 and 9mak when they announced the ban, though the price has gone up x39 isn't going anywhere plenty of other producers, same with the mak except only brass now. 5.45 on the other hand noone other then Russia and Ukraine are making and obviously the Ukrainian's aren't exporting any, maybe after the war they'll sell off what they have when they switch over to 5.56. I still shoot my 5.45 guns but the days of burning through 500+ rounds in a single range trip are over for them. I've been considering cashing out and selling them all hell I can buy any 7.62 or 5.56 ak I want with proceeds from just selling all my 5.45 bakelite mags, new unissued mags are going for $75-100ea and I stocked up in early 2000's when $20 got you 4 new mags in a E. German mag pouch.

I would of taken that Staccato deal as well, but yeah 4500 is alot, if I were to drop that much I think maybe I'd buy a Laugo Alien.

For the Jackyl I'm waiting for PSA to start selling the uppers.
By colonel00
TL1000RSquid wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:52 am For the Jackyl I'm waiting for PSA to start selling the uppers.
They have the 5.56 uppers for sale but that just doesn't interest me that much. However, a shorty folder in 300 blk would be a slick backpack/truck/camping gun. Add a whisper pickle for quite work.
By Zardos
Nothing really on the list right now, content with what I have. If anything maybe mill a few slides for red dots, stock up on ammo and that sort of thing.
By keltex78
If I had the extra funds, I'd be setting aside an extra box of primers or two. But I could get a new gun for the cost of that...
By StuartV
Kb327 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:51 am I would like to add a commander size 1911 ( have 2 5" SA's). There is just something that feels right when shooting a 1911. Although, mine are all steel, I wouldn't rule out an alloy frame. I like tinkering and have been considering a Tisas carry. A friend got one in stainless and although it eats anything, accuracy is not great. I think a tighter bushing (his is super sloppy) might help. I also would like something a little higher end. Only problem is that I would have to pay for it. Sounds like a christmas list, think Santa is listening?
I just got 2 x Tisas Bantams. One 45 and one 9. They both shoot high, but they shoot decent groups. Barrel, bushing, and slide-to-frame fit are all tight. I've got a Dawson front coming. If it is the right height and fixes one of them, then I'll get another front for the other. I may go ahead and put Dawson adjustable rears on, too, to really dial them in perfectly.

Too bad I didn't see this the day you posted. That was the last day of the sale at ClassicFireams. Bantams were on sale for $599....
By StuartV
My Most Wanted List is:

- Wilson Combat SFT9 or SFX9. I go back forth on exactly which version. If I win the lottery tonight, I'll get an SFT9 and also an SFX9 in the 3.25" subcompact version.

- Rival with a steel frame, if that comes out.

- Dan Wesson DWX and DWX Compact - if they ever bring those to production.

Sooo..... all I really want that actually exists right now is a Wilson SFX9 3.25" SC (and an SFT9).
By Kb327
StuartV wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:38 pm
Kb327 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:51 am I would like to add a commander size 1911 ( have 2 5" SA's). There is just something that feels right when shooting a 1911. Although, mine are all steel, I wouldn't rule out an alloy frame. I like tinkering and have been considering a Tisas carry. A friend got one in stainless and although it eats anything, accuracy is not great. I think a tighter bushing (his is super sloppy) might help. I also would like something a little higher end. Only problem is that I would have to pay for it. Sounds like a christmas list, think Santa is listening?
I just got 2 x Tisas Bantams. One 45 and one 9. They both shoot high, but they shoot decent groups. Barrel, bushing, and slide-to-frame fit are all tight. I've got a Dawson front coming. If it is the right height and fixes one of them, then I'll get another front for the other. I may go ahead and put Dawson adjustable rears on, too, to really dial them in perfectly.

Too bad I didn't see this the day you posted. That was the last day of the sale at ClassicFireams. Bantams were on sale for $599....
Thanks, probably just as well. Don't think I could sell bringing another handgun home this year. Good to hear that yours are working out.
By GaDawg0513
colonel00 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:12 am So I find myself in a weird, unexplainable quandary. I have some money sitting aside that can be spend and even a green light from the wife yet I'm at a loss for the next gun I want to get. There are some out there that are on my list but you can't get for a reasonable price like the Remington TAC-13 or a Marlin 1895 (any and all calibers). I'm also possibly saving for a Staccato XC as I love the Staccato P that I got at a great discount but man that is a hefty price.

So, let's discuss guns that are on your "want" list and what intrigues you and makes you want to buy them.
Springfield Prodigy.
By colonel00
GaDawg0513 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:49 pm Springfield Prodigy.
My buddy has been eyeing one of those. The look good but there are a few videos showing issues with feeding. Probably more of an issue with the mags.

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Thanks for the info! As a new pistol shooter, I'm […]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]

Looks to be cheaper at a few other places. Didn't[…]