Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By aphexacid
Hello everyone, just found this forum today.
I’m a new shooter as of 2022. Sort of out of necessity, which then turned into a legitimate passion.
Just completed my CCL training this past weekend.

My journey so far has been:

Taurus TX22 - .22. Really awesome training gun. Especially for a first timer.

Then I went to a Taurus GX4 XL when I was ready for a 9mm. I chose that based on how much I liked the TX22, and how comfortable I thought the GX4XL was in the hand. Unfortunately, the gun had MAJOR issues, and the shop gave me a full credit. It spent more time in service than in my hand. I didn’t trust my life with it.

While the GX4XL, was in service I bought a Glock G45. Fantastic firearm. Not much needs to be said.
But after I bought it, I wondered if I should have got the g17 instead. I like a full size guns better.

That was until I held the TP9SF. Love at first sight. What a smooth operator it was. Right out of the box it impressed me, and my seasoned friend that shot with me.

Fast forward to present, I got to thinking I’ll probably need something I can carry when I get approved. And I like variety so….hello TP9 Elite SC.
Another fantastic shooter. I put 200 rounds through it right out of the box. I was a bit worried I might have trouble with certain ammo based on a couple videos I saw. But it ate everything I tried. 115 gr cci blazers, Winchester 124gr nato, 115 gr sig, sig vcrown hollow points. This guy will definitely have a place by my side.

Excited to jump into to some convos if I can.
I’d really like to figure out how I can soften up the slide. This mf is TIGHT. I have it locked open for about day now since I’m not shooting it. But I’ve heard that most people don’t have much success with this method. Lighter recoil spring is not in stock, along with a ton of other stuff :mad:
By ncjw
Welcome aboard the "waiting for a lighter RSA"...

Set yourself up for maximum accuracy with both pistols (sitting, braced or rested, slow fire). See if you notice a difference. Both should be extremely accurate at 7 or 10 yards, the usual engagement distance.
By Badgerboy
Welcome from the favorite vacation spot of Windy City residents. I see you have been bitten by the "wait 'til I buy the next one" bug. It is a constant fight, and Caniks are comparatively easy on the wallet.
By aphexacid
I’ve also been bitten by the “it’s time to get the hell out of Chicago and Illinois completely” bug.

I think I’m good for now. I really need to work on my shooting accuracy and figure out why I keep going up and to the left.

I’m digging the SFx though….
By colonel00
aphexacid wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:35 am I’ve also been bitten by the “it’s time to get the hell out of Chicago and Illinois completely” bug.

I think I’m good for now. I really need to work on my shooting accuracy and figure out why I keep going up and to the left.

I’m digging the SFx though….
There are target drawings out there like this that will help diagnose issues when shooting.

The other main difference not mentioned above is t[…]

Canik Fanatik on Social Media

Funny same people run this forum that run that cra[…]

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]