swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
By Janik
I'm considering getting an M&P 2.0 that's optic ready and has the newer trigger system. I had an original M&P and that thing was a turd. Not very accurate and that hinged trigger sucked. Looking at the updated models, I'm intrigued. Curious if anyone on here has any real world experience with the newer M&P 2.0's. One thing I like about it, there are a lot more aftermarket options for it than Canik. It also comes with red dot ready iron sights, in case the red dot fails. No need to install aftermarket sights.
S&W M&P 2.0.jpg
S&W M&P 2.0.jpg (409.97 KiB) Viewed 239 times
I don't have the 2.0 but the 1.0 is very up-gradable with an APEX trigger and spring set. I also put on fiber optic front/rear sights on it.

Mine is so much better than it was out of the box now; I use it to shoot Limited class USPSA matches.

Cheaper than a new gun (which I never mind doing anyway).
By Janik
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:21 am I don't have the 2.0 but the 1.0 is very up-gradable with an APEX trigger and spring set. I also put on fiber optic front/rear sights on it.

Mine is so much better than it was out of the box now; I use it to shoot Limited class USPSA matches.

Cheaper than a new gun (which I never mind doing anyway).
Good to know. I want to dive back into a brand that has larger aftermarket support. I've watched a couple reviews and they said the new trigger is a lot better, and may not want to spend the money for the Apex upgrade. I want something ready to go right out of the box, and I'm leaning heavily towards this.
The 2.0 is definitely a better pistol. I love all my Smiths, and I have to tell you that I even love my SD9VE's after I upgraded to the Apex trigger...
I have loads of experience with the M&P 2.0 as it is my wife's competition gun, and because she's special, she has three. I've done three Apex trigger jobs, making them very nice shooting, highly accurate & reliable pistols. I see S&W is now offering upgraded 2.0's, with the flat faced trigger and extra fish scales on the front of the slide. From their website, it looks like this upgrade is offered only on certain 2.0 variants, but not others, including the "Performance Center" guns, which are still stuck with the old hinged trigger! I have not fired a full or compact size 2.0 with the new trigger, but I recently purchased a Performance Center 4" Shield Plus which DOES have the new trigger. Verdict: gun is good to go out of the box, no modifications required. My guess is the old style hinged trigger will be going away across the 2.0 range as soon as S&W can sell off some inventory.
ncjw wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:53 pm Is the 1.0 with the Apex or the stock 2.0 better than a Canik with a FS trigger?

Hard to imagine.
I figure I'm qualified to answer this question as well. I shoot the SFx with a FS trigger. Between that pistol and a 5" M&P 2.0 with an Apex trigger, it really comes down to shooter preference. My wife likes the 2.0 because it fits her smaller hands better than any of the other pistols she tried. I shoot the SFx because I liked it well enough to stop the eternal search for the perfect pistol. I actually first bonded with the SF Elite, which I bought thinking my wife might like it!
By StuartV
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:04 pm Here's the upscale option if you were to do it yourself https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-compet ... esson-m-p/

New guns ALWAYS shoot better.... :YMPARTY:
LOL! I wish that were true!

I bought a PSA Dagger a few months ago. I put a Timney Alpha Glock trigger in it, which made it way better. But, it still doesn't hold a candle to my Rival (or any of my 1911s).

It's been a few months since I bought the Dagger. I've been having an itch to buy something else. But, the only things I can even get motivated for are a second Rival - which I really don't have much use for - or a Wilson Combat SFX9, which I really can't afford. For my budget, I just can't see spending money on anything other than a Rival - which I already have.
By Janik
I ended up buying the4" M&P Compact 2.0. Didn't really see much of a difference between the 4" and 4.3". Though of course I'm second guessing myself wondering if I should have gone with a little bit longer barrel. But, I do plan to add it to my carry rotation if I like it and performs well. Now to figure out which red dot I want to mount on top.

The other main difference not mentioned above is t[…]

Canik Fanatik on Social Media

Funny same people run this forum that run that cra[…]

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]