swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Years ago I bought my first AR, S&W M&P 15 optics ready. And it has been a great rifle. I really liked the floating handguards but they were expensive at that time.
Since then I have built a few and modified a few, It has become quite the hobby. I have done a bunch of research and got a bunch of help on forums just like this.
My last build started off as an Anderson lower I was going to "save" as a spare, lol. I had a few spare parts and ordered the rest. Anderson lower, Aero upper, Faxon heavy fluted 5R stainless 16" barrel, Odin Ragna 15.5 handguard, Aero BCG, Wilson Combat single stage 4# trigger, Vortex Strike eagle 1-8, Magpul grip and dust cover, Breek Arms Warhammer charging handle, Wilson Combat flash hider. Shoots awesome, and have had zero failures.
Anyone else suffer from this ? What are some of your builds?
Nice setup. I always have tons of AR parts on hand so I throw together a rifle as I accumulate parts, half the time ill end up selling it after awhile and starting another project. Most recents are 18" spr, that was finished but decided to swap out the anderson lower i built in favor of blem lmt I picked up that I need to finish, also have most of the parts for 20" A2 except the stripped upper I keep missing out when they come in stock somewhere.

How's the Warhammer? I've debated ordering 1 or 2 before but haven't seen one in person to see how solid they are.
Anderson lower, Radical .223 Wylde 18" stainless upper (Primary Arms weekend deal for $199), Vortex Sonora 4-12x44 scope (Palmetto State Armory deal), Palmetto EPT LPK, Magpul ACS-L stock, and generic M-LOK bipod.

Haven't had a chance to zero the scope yet, but I'm hoping it becomes a decent build!
This is what the M&P optics ready has turned into over time. Still internally mostly stock except for the charging handle.ImageThis was the first phase but I still liked the looks of floating tubes better and was not liking the red dot magnifier combo so.Image I even cut down the stock gas block sanded and re-blued it so I would have a pinned gas block. I also dimpled it, all my other builds I dimple as well, at least one screw opposite the port.Image
Pretty standard stuff.
SwampFox Tomahawk 1 X 4 optic with Guerrilla Cross MOA retical
15" hand-grip
CMC 3.5# single-stage trigger
NiB BCG
Ergo over-molded grip
CBC Ambidextrous Charging Handle
Elftmann Anti-Rotational Anti-Walk pins (not shown here)

Got to use it in a 3-gun match a month ago. Much fun.
Attachments
ar.jpg
ar.jpg (275.44 KiB) Viewed 84 times
Ghostwolf308 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:27 pm Just picked up an Aero M5 lower for a new build
Built up a 6.5CM off of Aero M5 receivers. Pretty happy so far and I have a ton of M4E1 and regular Aero receivers.

I'll have to find a photo of the 6.5. Still cursing my buddy that found a "deal" on a couple of barrels to "just throw together a 6.5CM AR-10). Yeah, over a grand later that deal didn't seem that great :)

The other main difference not mentioned above is t[…]

Canik Fanatik on Social Media

Funny same people run this forum that run that cra[…]

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]