swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Circumstances came about this past weekend and I am now a proud owner of a Ruger Super Redhawk, .44 magnum, 7.5" barrel. I was all happy, and sent the pics and info to my pal who owns the private range where I shoot. He came back with, "I have the same gun, but with the 9" barrel". I felt inadequate and emasculated.

Anyone have opinions, good or bad on this hand-cannon? I haven't run it yet...but looking forward to it.
I think the ruger is pretty cool, shooting my buddies is what prompted me to get a .44 along with camping trip to grizzley country. Wasn't prepared to spend that much money though so I got a poverty S&W(Taurus Tracker) 4" stainless. My buddy has the 9 its cool range toy but would hate to have to draw it quick with the huge barrel. I dont think his is tuned, the triggers pretty nice and shoots very accurate. I'd buy one if I came across a nice deal on a used one.
I got my first Ruger .44 Super Blackhawk about 1973. It's a 3-screw and I still have it! It's been a great companion although I don't take it out that often anymore. It's pretty cheap to feed if you reload (and cast your own bullets), and I stay away from full-bore loads these days, light loads are a LOT more comfortable for me to use for plinking, out to 100 yards or so. Enjoy your hand cannon!

The other main difference not mentioned above is t[…]

Canik Fanatik on Social Media

Funny same people run this forum that run that cra[…]

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]