Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
I used to get some duds when I used cheap primers. I loaded a bunch of 9mm ammo with Winchester primers for a IPSC match last Sunday and didn't have one dud. Me and some of my friends use the same loading data as for small pistol primers. As you can see on the video the pressure is about the same.
2strokeYardSale wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:52 am It's going to depend on your firing pin spring. A lighter spring probably won't work. Those "AR match" primers have a harder cup for floating firing pin rifles. Plain Jane small rifle primers are probably fine.
So these ones most likely won’t work then?
Small rifle primers typically have harder cups but if you are running the stock Canik striker spring, I would be surprised if your Canik will not light them up 100% of the time.

Remington 6 1/2 small rifle primers will work if you can find them. They are not even rated for 5.56/.223 as they were apparently designed for use in .22 Hornet. Cups are soft
By Dsj
Having same problem finding primers. Have had no issues with REM 6.5. I used them up and had some 7.5 match and had 15 failure to fire out of 100 WITH A NEW RIVAL, Just an FYI.

Has anyone had a tp9sf elite slide milled for a ho[…]

Hello From Ohio

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your time here.

Holster recommendations

Thanks!

I'm right across the bridge so I'll keep my eyes p[…]