Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion for Competition Shooting.
StuartV wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:08 pm
2strokeYardSale wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:21 pm Smoky Mtn Concealment holster on a Nevermiss hanger
Looks cool, but I can't tell. Does it have adjustment for ride height?

For gun cant?

For gun yaw (? Turn gun's butt closer to or further from shooter's body)?
From the Double-Alpha website: "this hanger comes with two T plates. The first being a 90 degree, the second being a forward or rearward adjustment of 5 and 10 degrees."

No to the yaw but be careful if using any hanger in competition that has this capability. There is a max distance the butt can be from the belt and I've had it measured at matches before.

USPSA Rules for Carry Optics: #10. Max. distance of handgun and mags/speed loaders from inner side of belt - Handgun and Mags –2 1/8” (width of an overlay).
StuartV wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:08 pm
2strokeYardSale wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:21 pm Smoky Mtn Concealment holster on a Nevermiss hanger
Looks cool, but I can't tell. Does it have adjustment for ride height?

For gun cant?

For gun yaw (? Turn gun's butt closer to or further from shooter's body)?
Height yes, Cant yes, Yaw no

It comes with 2 sets of offset spacers, the longer 2 of which are pictured. They put my Rival right at the limit.

When I had the stock Rival holster on it, I tried to give it some yaw with another thin spacer on the top offset spacer and couldn't make it work. It needs an angled spacer.

It looks like the new Henning hanger has all kinds of adjustments, but you will pay dearly for them.
The 20-round magazine springs have extra coils. If you put a Taylor Freelance +4 base pad on a 18-round tube with a 20-round spring, the magazine will hold only 21, not 22.

23 rounds is possible with the Grams spring and follower kit for Mec-Gar CZ-75 mags (FKCMG11). I had to file the followers to fit the front-to-back length of the Canik tubes.
StuartV wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:10 pm
Ben W. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:29 pm FWIW, I've had great luck doing an initial sighting with a 9mmP laser ctg to line up the dot. Usually set up about 15 yards or so, and put the sight dot just above the laser dot, like a figure eight. Has always put me quite close to a correct sight in that's easy to do the final adjustments at the range. Just my experience...
I put my new dot on my new Rival and went to the range. Fired one round at 10 yards and saw where it hit. Adjusted the dot accordingly. Shot 3 more rounds that were all overlapping, in the bull.

It's not that hard or time-consuming. If you do it at 10 yards, it makes the adjustments really easy. 1 MOA click is 1/10 of an inch at 10 yards. My first shot was something like 1/2 an inch high and 3/4 to the right. So, 5 clicks Down on the elevation and 7 clicks Left on the windage and it was dang close to spot on.
I have been adjusting the oem iron sights that come stock. rival is new to me and need to know that it is normal for the windage adjustment not to have the click you get when adjusting for elevation. it moves the back sights and you can see the alignment change, just wondering if windage is suppose to click adjust with that crisp click like elevation adjustment.

i cant say enough about this gun
just wish the mags would ship from italy
holdstill wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:22 pm I have been adjusting the oem iron sights that come stock. rival is new to me and need to know that it is normal for the windage adjustment not to have the click you get when adjusting for elevation. it moves the back sights and you can see the alignment change, just wondering if windage is suppose to click adjust with that crisp click like elevation adjustment.

I have no idea on that. I never adjusted the iron sights on either of my Caniks.
holdstill wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:22 pm
StuartV wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:10 pm
Ben W. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:29 pm FWIW, I've had great luck doing an initial sighting with a 9mmP laser ctg to line up the dot. Usually set up about 15 yards or so, and put the sight dot just above the laser dot, like a figure eight. Has always put me quite close to a correct sight in that's easy to do the final adjustments at the range. Just my experience...
I put my new dot on my new Rival and went to the range. Fired one round at 10 yards and saw where it hit. Adjusted the dot accordingly. Shot 3 more rounds that were all overlapping, in the bull.

It's not that hard or time-consuming. If you do it at 10 yards, it makes the adjustments really easy. 1 MOA click is 1/10 of an inch at 10 yards. My first shot was something like 1/2 an inch high and 3/4 to the right. So, 5 clicks Down on the elevation and 7 clicks Left on the windage and it was dang close to spot on.
I have been adjusting the oem iron sights that come stock. rival is new to me and need to know that it is normal for the windage adjustment not to have the click you get when adjusting for elevation. it moves the back sights and you can see the alignment change, just wondering if windage is suppose to click adjust with that crisp click like elevation adjustment.

I tried mine and both elevation and windage have very positive click detents. I think it was a Torx T8. Maybe you used an allen wrench and it just spun in the Torx heads.

Has anyone had a tp9sf elite slide milled for a ho[…]

Hello From Ohio

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your time here.

Holster recommendations

Thanks!

I'm right across the bridge so I'll keep my eyes p[…]