swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By StuartV
2strokeYardSale wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:26 pm
Jester560 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:05 am The best deal going is the FTP Alpha 3 @ $379. I have one on my comp SFx and it is a steal at that price.
Even less with a discount code. I got two at about $365 each and moved one to my Rival. Big window, big dot (or small if that's your thing), bright, adjustable, and fits on the included 06 plate.

Here it is most recently:
post46395.html#p46395
Thanks for posting that! The info that I already have a suitable adapter plate pushed me over the top. I just ordered an A3. I requested a 10 MOA, as the owner posted in another forum that there will be a few in the next shipment. If not, then I'll take an 8.

I REALLY like the 407CO (8 MOA donut) that I put on my Rival. But, the window size on the A3 looks like a pretty nice advantage over the 407/507C window (for shooting competitions, which is all I use my Rival for). And I have something else I think I would like to use one of my Holosuns on. Probably move my 507C from my TP9 SFx to an AR15 I have and then move the 407CO to the TP9. A3 on the Rival, and good to go (for a minute, anyway). LOL!
StuartV wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:45 pm
Jester560 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:05 am The best deal going is the FTP Alpha 3 @ $379. I have one on my comp SFx and it is a steal at that price.
Even less with a discount code. I got two at about $365 each and moved one to my Rival. Big window, big dot (or small if that's your thing), bright, adjustable, and fits on the included 06 plate.

post46395.html#p46395
Thanks for posting that! The info that I already have a suitable adapter plate pushed me over the top. I just ordered an A3. I requested a 10 MOA, as the owner posted in another forum that there will be a few in the next shipment. If not, then I'll take an 8.

I REALLY like the 407CO (8 MOA donut) that I put on my Rival. But, the window size on the A3 looks like a pretty nice advantage over the 407/507C window (for shooting competitions, which is all I use my Rival for). And I have something else I think I would like to use one of my Holosuns on. Probably move my 507C from my TP9 SFx to an AR15 I have and then move the 407CO to the TP9. A3 on the Rival, and good to go (for a minute, anyway). LOL!
Well just FYI the 06 plate lacks the posts to fit in the recesses of the FTP (RTS2 footprint) for some reason. I have some experience with this, as somebody milled my Glock for the RTS2 footprint without the posts. (Then it's not the footprint then is it?!) I figured out a good adhesive to fix the sight in addition to the screws. It has worked on the Glock and is now working on the Rival.

FWIW I have about 4800 rounds through two FTP sights, on two Glock 17s and the Rival. One had a loose battery connection and I shimmed it with a piece of paper.

I would have got the 10 MOA dot if I could but both times I ordered he only had the 8 MOA.
By StuartV
2strokeYardSale wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:30 pm

post46395.html#p46395

Well just FYI the 06 plate lacks the posts to fit in the recesses of the FTP (RTS2 footprint) for some reason. I have some experience with this, as somebody milled my Glock for the RTS2 footprint without the posts. (Then it's not the footprint then is it?!) I figured out a good adhesive to fix the sight in addition to the screws. It has worked on the Glock and is now working on the Rival.

FWIW I have about 4800 rounds through two FTP sights, on two Glock 17s and the Rival. One had a loose battery connection and I shimmed it with a piece of paper.

I would have got the 10 MOA dot if I could but both times I ordered he only had the 8 MOA.
Just to ask the obvious… Do you actually need the adhesive? It moves around without it?
StuartV wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 pm
2strokeYardSale wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:30 pm

Just to ask the obvious… Do you actually need the adhesive? It moves around without it?
Well the first time I mounted the FTP to my milled Glock, without adhesive, maybe a different adhesive, it came loose when the screws came loose. These things require belts and suspenders. Threadlocker on the screw threads, nail polish or something like it on top of the screws with witness marks, the whole nine yards.
Mags up!

Still had some today. Ordered one. $50.00 is a l[…]

New Ruger LCP MAX 380........

I really like my early model LCP, and all my Ruger[…]

New from AZ

Welcome to the fun!

Top 5 Budget Pistols 2022

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekM1pXEJj[…]