Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
I bought a SFX METE early this week and finally got a chance to shoot it a little today.I didn't have much time ,but I ran a box of 50 115gr.FMJ Federal and about 15 147 Gr FMJ that I had in another box.I was a little concerned after reading that some shooters had trouble unless they used 124 gr. NATO or +P to
"break it in". The gun ran flawless with no problems and is more accurate than this 70 yr.old jittery man is.I did clean it and lube it before I went and racked the slide probably 40-50 times .So far I love it and am wondering if there is any "parts " or accessories I should stock going forward,other than an optic.
Welcome aboard the forum.

An extra firing pin is recommended. I just broke the tip off of my SFx after about ~35K rounds but I know people who have gone longer without breaking on.

Buy mags when you can, they are like "hen's teeth".
I contacted Century Arms, and had them send the lighter return spring just in case I needed it, because the ammo I was able to find was 115 gr.
As it ended up, it was a non-issue, the gun handles any ammo I feed it without any problems.
I second the admonition to get spare mags anytime you see them, they are scarce. I strongly suggest only buying Mec-Gar (OEM supplier), I haven't heard anything but negative about Promag.
Bsides01 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:56 pm Thanks for the tips, and yes I have heard plenty of warnings about Promag in other gun forums for other brand of firearms.
ProMags can be hit and miss. I own Hi-Points. They used to be the only choice for increased capacity. The 40, and 45's worked fine. The 9's were different.

When I got my first Glock I bought some all polymer 31 or 32rd ProMags. 26rds was all I could load to get them to feed. Wolff +5 springs made them 100%. However there was horror stories of them blowing the bottom plate off with those springs!

I may get some ProMags for the Caniks. Then look for stiffer springs.
shovelmike wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:10 am I contacted Century Arms, and had them send the lighter return spring just in case I needed it, because the ammo I was able to find was 115 gr.
As it ended up, it was a non-issue, the gun handles any ammo I feed it without any problems.
I second the admonition to get spare mags anytime you see them, they are scarce. I strongly suggest only buying Mec-Gar (OEM supplier), I haven't heard anything but negative about Promag.
Where have you ever seen Mec-Gar mags for a Canik?
TP9FXSBR549 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:11 am I may get some ProMags for the Caniks. Then look for stiffer springs.
My Pro Mag mags don't work reliably even with Wolff Extra Power springs.

I got some followers for Beretta 92 mags from Mec-Gar and put them in. I have only cycled rounds through the gun with them manually so far, but at least they worked that way. I'll report back after I get to live fire them. I am hopeful that all the Pro Mag mags need is better followers.
Where have you ever seen Mec-Gar mags for a Canik?
Until the last month or so Mec Gar mags for Canik have been impossible to find. Suddenly I found a good stock of them at Gunmagwarehouse. I bought a couple of 20 rounders, a week later I walked into my local gun shop here in Missouri to find a good supply of 18 rounders there, bought two there.
Hopefully your search has proved fruitful as well..

Yes, I would agree that they purposely make the pr[…]

I have made several purchases from ASO and Normash[…]

My SC is my carry firearm, I carry with a 20 round[…]

Holster recommendations

Hi all. Looking for a AIWB holster for my Elite Co[…]