Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By StuartV
W74 has one specifically for the Rival that is slightly shorter than the regular SFx one. But, I think I read where the regular SFx one will work in the Rival. It will just stock out the front a little bit.
By WxGuy
The W74 for the SFX is longer and will stick out of the front. W74 makes a Rival-specific rod (shorter).
By FiveDigit
Mine arrived yesterday! It’s just so polished compared to my very high mileage SFX. Have all the goodies coming for it. When I get my W74 guide rod, I’m going to try the 13 pound spring with it, with it being ever so shorter than the SFX.
By wbw
I picked one up a few days ago. I put 50 rounds through it the same day. No problems at all. The trigger is phenomenal in my opinion. Loving it so far.
By Red981
Range where I shoot just hot one in and I took it home with me.
Great trigger and accurate
Comes with a lot of extras
Has a small mag well with a larger mag well ext.
Aluminum mag base plates a little heavy for comp use to drop mags faster.
Tool kit in model of gun in kit
Paid 700 bucks
Only shot 200 rounds can’t wait to get more range time in
Disassembly is a little different but not bad
The basepads aren’t to weight the mags to fall out better, they are to extend them slightly so you can positively seat them with the extended mag well installed. Empty/unweighted mags should fall freely when released if you are holding the gun properly.
By StuartV
cartunes99 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:37 am
ncjw wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:51 pm As of this second, Classic says that they are getting a shipment in soon:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/canik-s ... dark-side/
Kygunco has them $625 free shipping no sales tax
Maybe they did....

I've been watching GunBroker daily. It was the case that they were on there, but all the sellers only had Qty 1 or 2. And they were asking $700 - 750. Now they are starting to be on there where the seller has Qty 10.

There's a seller that has the Dark Side, Qty 10+, for $639, no credit card fee, and $30 shipping. They have the Grey in Qty 3.

I'm thinking that it won't be long before pretty much all the dealers that want them, have them. And that should mean my local dealers, PSA and Shooter's Choice, have them for $630, with no CC fee and no shipping. I can wait. I am good with my TP9SFx in the meantime.
FiveDigit wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:55 am I randomly ran into someone who has one and got to shoot it over the weekend. He may possibly be a member here and can speak up.

My take: it is super nice. It looks cool, is very polished looking. It feels really similar to the SFX. Honestly, with the mods available for the SFX, if you have yours tricked out, there isn’t a reason to rush to get a Rival but it does have better ergonomics across the board. The slide is much easier to get a nice grip on, the mag opening is like the Mete so that is also superior to the Gen 1. The flat trigger really felt much like my Freedomsmith trigger, very very nice.

I plan to get one because my SFX has got a LOT of miles on it, but I will probably wait until people figure out all ways to tweak it for max performance and until there are aftermarket things like heavy weight back straps, etc.
I did find that it would not fit into my SFX holster if anyone is curious about that.
Which freedom Smith trigger felt like the Rival?
By SFXowner
My X5 is getting repaired, ran the Rival today for a fun Hybrid Outlaw match with my Smoky Mountain Concealment holster that arrived yesterday. I had one bad primer but ran flawlessly other than that.

SFXowner wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:58 pm My X5 is getting repaired, ran the Rival today for a fun Hybrid Outlaw match with my Smoky Mountain Concealment holster that arrived yesterday. I had one bad primer but ran flawlessly other than that.
What camera are you running and how do you have it mounted? Looks like a fun match.
By SFXowner
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:22 pm
SFXowner wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:58 pm My X5 is getting repaired, ran the Rival today for a fun Hybrid Outlaw match with my Smoky Mountain Concealment holster that arrived yesterday. I had one bad primer but ran flawlessly other than that.
What camera are you running and how do you have it mounted? Looks like a fun match.
Scoring was basically ANY 2 on paper and one or 2 hits on steel depending on the stage, so you can go pretty fast and not a lot of gimmicky stuff. Definitely more my style.

Camera is an Insta360 GO 2 mounted on a hat cam (they have a nice little clip and it weighs nothing).
Just ordered the Rival Darkside from Prepper Gun shop. This morning they were available fir $629.00. Now when I ordered all the places that had them for$629 are out. Paid $679 plus shipping.
Feel good that I got it ordered. I sold my SFX a while back to fund another gun purchase. I really want to use the Rival for Steel Challenge.

The first gen SFX that I had was one of the best striker fired guns I had ever shot so I looking forwards to the improvements on the SFX Rival.
By FiveDigit
Mikebaker1129 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:56 am
FiveDigit wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:55 am I randomly ran into someone who has one and got to shoot it over the weekend. He may possibly be a member here and can speak up.

My take: it is super nice. It looks cool, is very polished looking. It feels really similar to the SFX. Honestly, with the mods available for the SFX, if you have yours tricked out, there isn’t a reason to rush to get a Rival but it does have better ergonomics across the board. The slide is much easier to get a nice grip on, the mag opening is like the Mete so that is also superior to the Gen 1. The flat trigger really felt much like my Freedomsmith trigger, very very nice.

I plan to get one because my SFX has got a LOT of miles on it, but I will probably wait until people figure out all ways to tweak it for max performance and until there are aftermarket things like heavy weight back straps, etc.
I did find that it would not fit into my SFX holster if anyone is curious about that.
Which freedom Smith trigger felt like the Rival?
Sorry, I didn't mean to say it was like any particular FS trigger. Just that the overall feel of it is closer to my FS trigger than it is to the stock SFX trigger. If that makes sense. I like the shape and the material of this Rival trigger much better than the SFX stock trigger to the point that I have no plans at the moment to get a FS trigger for my Rival.

I'm dealing with the same issue. Are you running a[…]

Flat nose bullets

Before I found Federal 150gr SYNTEC I shot 147gr F[…]

I'm new, Which ammo?

As StuartV suggested, it depends on what you want […]

New to forum from FL.

Welcome, I am surprised you like Canik over CZ SP0[…]