Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By Kb327
Picked up a TP9FSX the other day. Only had chance to put 20 rounds through it, it was getting a little dark. RMR 124gn FMJ RNs at approx 127PF all fired, cycled and ejected, but I didn't have to go far to get the brass. Since then I've put in a Freedomsmith trigger, W-74 Guide rod, 14lb Commander spring, 29 Newton striker spring and Sprinco firing pin block spring. The trigger is at 3.5# now and feels pretty good. Does anyone know what magnitude of reduction I might expect from the addition of a Sprinco trigger return spring if I install it?
Amazing info available on this site. Was going to get another 1911 until I visited here. This is my first polymer framed pistol and I think I'm gonna like it.
By FiveDigit
Upstate NY, huh? I grew up in the Syracuse area. You're surrounded by some real lib nutjobs in that part of the world! To fire 20 rounds, you must have needed 4 reloads!!
Kb327 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:08 am Since then I've put in a Freedomsmith trigger, W-74 Guide rod, 14lb Commander spring, 29 Newton striker spring and Sprinco firing pin block spring. The trigger is at 3.5# now and feels pretty good. Does anyone know what magnitude of reduction I might expect from the addition of a Sprinco trigger return spring if I install it?
I have the listed upgrades to my SFx and am running about 3-3.25# and I'm good with that.

I had the Sprinco recoil management system (captured guide rod system with the yellow spring) before the W74 guide rod and I never noticed any difference in trigger pull. I like the weight of the W74 better.

If you want to go lower, polish the internals where there is any moving parts that rub on each other. You will see the pull weight go down the more you fire (or dry fire) as the parts all smooth out.

I lived in Buffalo & Long Island for a number of years.
By ncjw
I am shocked, shocked I tell you!

Someone actually did their homework and read old posts instead of asking questions answered long ago. And did it BEFORE they bought a Canik? Be still my heart.

Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you are already an old friend.

The problem is, as LT said, you have the SFX just about perfect. Now you have to buy another Canik.
By Kb327
Yeah, I'm on the NY/MA border and too close to NYC. What was once a farming community is largely second homers now. Grew up here, moved away in 82 and returned in 2007. Different now, but still a nice place to be. We even get to use 10 round mags!

For the trigger pull, I got the Sprinco two spring kit but didn't put in the trigger return spring. I'm going put some rounds through it and decide if I want to swap out the factory spring. I really don't need a very light trigger.

When I had it apart to put in the trigger, I couldn't find any part of the trigger bar edges that would catch a nail and the parts that interface with the plunger and slide appeared to be polished. Pretty impressive fit and finish in a $499 gun.
Welcome, I'm originally from probably pretty close by, I was born in Columbia county, Taghkanic, then Germantown, before moving to Long Island, now I'm out of there thank god and in Texas.
By Kb327
Damn, that's close by. I'm in Hillsdale.
Thanks to all for the effort that went into consolidating all this info. The "Weaponizing the SFX" sticky is priceless.
By ncjw
Regardless of what the trigger bar and plunger feel like, polishing does help (I was converted by Weapon).

There is no downside except using up a few minutes tinkering with your Canik (wait, is that really a downside?).
Kb327 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:36 pm Damn, that's close by. I'm in Hillsdale.
Thanks to all for the effort that went into consolidating all this info. The "Weaponizing the SFX" sticky is priceless.
Yeah we were practically neighbors then, went to Hillsdale up til 3rd grade. Been 12-13 years since I been up there, do love it up there shame downstate politics screw over the rest of the state. How are they with Pistol permits up there now issued restricted or no?
By Kb327
As you probably know, all new additions need to be approved by the Judge. The Columbia county judge is 2A friendly, if you can call anything in NY 2A friendly. Pistol arrived at my FFL on Saturday, dropped off FFL paperwork on a Monday morning, had the pistol home on Wednesday. As far as I know, all permits issued to friends/acquaintances here have been unrestricted. Can't speak to other counties.
Mags up!

Still had some today. Ordered one. $50.00 is a l[…]

New Ruger LCP MAX 380........

I really like my early model LCP, and all my Ruger[…]

New from AZ

Welcome to the fun!

Top 5 Budget Pistols 2022

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekM1pXEJj[…]