Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By Sterling
So has anyone been following shot show.

Well in case you haven't canik just dropped the all new SFX rival and it looks awesome.

It should be in stores in about a week for a msrp of about 670

All the specs at now on their website

So who all wants one :-D
By Ben W.
Canik is billing the RIVAL as a competition pistol entry, and I think it will do well. I do like the looks of it and the initial reports. Will be interesting to see the reviews once more folks get their hands on them, and the aftermarket parts kick in. As much as I like it, I have two "regular" TP9SFx's, one primary and one back-up for shooting USPSA and don't see why I'd want to add a third. Also, I don't see the price difference in improvements from the factory. Last factor is the somewhat smaller (as I understand it) dot mounting plates. Anyway, that's my initial impression.
By red930
I want one. I just bought the Gray Rival with gold accents from Classic Firearms. I love my SFx with a Fat Daddy trigger. And I shoot really well with it. I’m anxious to see how they compare. I’ll keep the best one, sell the other.
By StuartV
Ben W. wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:11 pm Canik is billing the RIVAL as a competition pistol entry, and I think it will do well. I do like the looks of it and the initial reports. Will be interesting to see the reviews once more folks get their hands on them, and the aftermarket parts kick in. As much as I like it, I have two "regular" TP9SFx's, one primary and one back-up for shooting USPSA and don't see why I'd want to add a third. Also, I don't see the price difference in improvements from the factory. Last factor is the somewhat smaller (as I understand it) dot mounting plates. Anyway, that's my initial impression.
I see one online (not in stock yet) for $655. That puts it at $155 more than a TP9SFx.

It looks like the Rival might not have any need for a FS trigger. The FS trigger in my TP9SFx will often bind up if I accidentally start my press with a little too much angle. I would really welcome having no need to change out the stock trigger.

That would be an $80 savings, right there, making the price difference only $75 from a decently setup TP9SFx to an SFx Rival.

The frame ergos are supposed be improved from the TP9SFx, which I would also welcome. That is the only thing that bothers me about mine - the way it feels on the base knuckle of my right thumb. If that is fixed on the Rival, that would be worth an extra $75 to me.

Also, the holster that comes with the Rival looks better than the one that came with my Canik. I might run some IDPA matches. I would probably not use the holster that came with my Canik for that. But, from the looks of the one that comes with the Rival, I probably would use that one for IDPA.

When I first saw the MSRP of $679, I thought that was quite a jump. But, based on all I said, it seems like a decent deal, to me. I REALLY do not need another pistol.... but the Rival is really, really tempting!
By colonel00
StuartV wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:12 am
It looks like the Rival might not have any need for a FS trigger. The FS trigger in my TP9SFx will often bind up if I accidentally start my press with a little too much angle. I would really welcome having no need to change out the stock trigger.
If you have binding with the FS trigger, check the install or contact FS. Haven't really heard of anyone having this issue. On my FS triggers (4 I think) there is such a short takeup and break that I don't even know if I'd notice anything.

On the Rival, from videos I've seen, it does still look like you get the stock takeup of the SFX which can be a bit long compared to an FS trigger. Still a great OEM trigger but can be improved depending on what you want.
By WxGuy
Watched Sootch do the review. Answered my question! Going to find a Dark Side and Canik On! :-BD
By WxGuy
Does anyone know what weight spring is in the Rival's recoil assembly? I have a question in to Canik/Century but haven't heard from them in a few days.
I put in the tungsten guide rod and 1911 Commander spring on my current SFX because the stock RSA was too stiff for 128-130 power factor ammo. If I have to do that again to get the Rival to run then I'd like to acquire parts now for when I purchase one. Thanks.
Mags up!

Still had some today. Ordered one. $50.00 is a l[…]

New Ruger LCP MAX 380........

I really like my early model LCP, and all my Ruger[…]

New from AZ

Welcome to the fun!

Top 5 Budget Pistols 2022

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekM1pXEJj[…]