swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By LT USN (Ret.)
"If the SFx is good to go for Carry Optic, then it must also be good (with iron sights) for Production." - Yes, without an optic or magwell it is approved for USPSA Production if you only load the mag to 10 rounds.

I would load the mags full and shoot Limited if I was going to use an SFx without optic.
By StuartV
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:34 pm "If the SFx is good to go for Carry Optic, then it must also be good (with iron sights) for Production." - Yes, without an optic or magwell it is approved for USPSA Production if you only load the mag to 10 rounds.

I would load the mags full and shoot Limited if I was going to use an SFx without optic.
If I were going to shoot Limited, I would probably shoot my STI 2011.

Why would the SFx be better in Limited than in Production?
By LT USN (Ret.)
"Why would the SFx be better in Limited than in Production?" - Production is limited to 10 rounds per magazine in USPSA. That's a lot of reloading. In limited you are only limited by the 140mm magazine length rule and, if you want, you can use a magwell.

I started out in USPSA shooting Production with an S&W M&P full size. There's a lot more planning involved in shooting a course of fire and a lot more magazines to carry.
By ncjw
Not sure about the gray color scheme. The gray is OK, but that yellow/gold tone on the accents just doesn't do it for me.

To each their own.
By StuartV
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:35 am "Why would the SFx be better in Limited than in Production?" - Production is limited to 10 rounds per magazine in USPSA. That's a lot of reloading. In limited you are only limited by the 140mm magazine length rule and, if you want, you can use a magwell.

I started out in USPSA shooting Production with an S&W M&P full size. There's a lot more planning involved in shooting a course of fire and a lot more magazines to carry.
My issue would be wanting to shoot it in whichever Division the gun is more competitive in (without spending more money on it). I don't mind about more mag changes if everyone else in my Division has it the same or worse. :)

My thought - more of an assumption, I guess - is that the TP9SFx would be about as competitive as any gun could be in the Production class. Is there any other pistol that would actually be better/more competitive? (in Production, compared to the Canik with a FS trigger setup)?

It's the same reason I used to race a 600 in Production or Supersport class. I could be a relatively cheap showroom stock bike, make minimal mods to it and know that nobody was going to beat me because they had a better bike than I did.

If I shot Limited with a basically stock (except for trigger) Canik, won't I potentially be running against someone that has a gun that is "better"? Someone who, if they are equally skilled to me, would potentially beat me just because they had spent more money on their gun (i.e. mag well or whatever)?
By StuartV
CMB wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:16 am Yep, the accents remind me of something my Grandson would do to his pistol but he's only 2 years old! X_X :-J
LOL! Yeah! Not sure who Canik thinks their target market is. At least, not in the USA. Gold trim doesn't seem like it would really go over all that well among the type of American shooters that would even be interested in a Rival in the first place.
By CMB
I'm not all that impressed with the gold barrel treatment on Canik's Executive either but I like it better than the FDE color on the Elite Combat. Still waiting on MD's 77-R Handgun 'hoop' mail, so I can buy one.
By LT USN (Ret.)
"If I shot Limited with a basically stock (except for trigger) Canik, won't I potentially be running against someone that has a gun that is "better"? Someone who, if they are equally skilled to me, would potentially beat me just because they had spent more money on their gun (i.e. mag well or whatever)?" - Yes
Mags up!

Still had some today. Ordered one. $50.00 is a l[…]

New Ruger LCP MAX 380........

I really like my early model LCP, and all my Ruger[…]

New from AZ

Welcome to the fun!

Top 5 Budget Pistols 2022

Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekM1pXEJj[…]