Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
By colonel00
So I have one of the Frankford Arsenel decapping squeezy tool thingies which works quite well and allows me to decap cases away from a press. However, after running through maybe 1K of crimped 5.56 brass, my forearms are screaming. Though about picking up a decapping die for crimped brass. I know Lee has one that's pretty cheap and should be universal. RCBS apparently has 2 dies for different calibers but I can't really find out what the difference really is between them.

Anyone have any input on what they like to use?
By LT USN (Ret.)
I use a Harbor Freight cheap drill press with an old plastic cutting board with a hole in and two washers super glued to it to act as a guide. Works great and seeing as I am sitting up straight, I can do many at a time.

Bonus points! I clean out the primer holes when I run the brass through the ultrasonic cleaner.
Attachments
Drill press.jpg
Drill press.jpg (218.18 KiB) Viewed 587 times
By wv109323
I use the Lee Universal decapping die on 9mm and 45 ACP. I have no complaints but sometimes the primer sticks to the decapping pin and is partially reseated on the down stroke, A second stroke usually frees it up. As I understand this is common on any decapping. The problem should happen less on crimped military brass.
By colonel00
Thanks for the replies. I made some modifications to the Frankford Arsenal thing and it works pretty well now. Might pick up a Lee die for crimped stuff still but don't have an extra press. Maybe I should keep an eye out on craigslist for a cheap one just for decapping.

I mentioned this before, no matter how good the ne[…]

Hello

and dude. Let's go. Jeff Bridges has bought[…]

Lightweight AR build

Also, the Larue triggers are a steal for what th[…]

I like the SwampFox Justice, and they can be found[…]