swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By kalikikopa
Hi there fellow enthusiasts. Was a Glock 17 owner, traded up to a SFX Mete. Saw some very positive reviews on the Canik. Added a Freedomsmith trigger prior to her first shot. Today I zeroed in a Crimson Trace CRT-1550. I will say this is a fantastic firearm. Thank you for all the advice on here.
By JackinSD
Might I suggest the Taylor Freelance brass backstrap. It really helps with the balance of the pistol. I made the same move as you, went from 17 and 34 to now owning 2 TP9SFX's.
By Zardos
Congrats and good choice. I currently own a couple Glocks simply because Canik does not make those calibers. Years ago I was considering a Glock 17 but after finding out about Canik and getting a TP9DA I would never buy a Glock chambered in 9mm. A superior firearm for less money is a no brainer.
By SFXowner
Personally I enjoy shooting both, but bang for the buck, Canik is a better value. Right out of the box or with a FS trigger it is a far superior shooting pistol for me.

That being said, I carry a 19 and often a 43x and have started carrying the SFT more now. I don't like the girth of the SC Elite that I have so it just sits there.

I enjoy the fact that I can have multiple backup parts, kit out my glock in any configuration with huge aftermarket support from holsters to gucci, mags are cheap and I can break it down and work on it quickly and simply.

Like with anything, if you train with it proficiency follows and everyone has different anatomy, again for me I dont have an issue with the mechanical presentation of glock in my hand, its normal for me but that's after thousands of rounds using my pistol.

I picked up an X5 Legion the other day and I handed over my SFX and said can you make the trigger like this and not surprisingly received some very favorable feedback on how the SFX dry fired (Galloway trigger spring and a 6.5lb striker spring - roughly 2lb pull).

I own SIGs, Glocks and Caniks - all good in my book.

Welcome to the Canik world. If you haven't checked out smoky mountain concealment for holsters they are my top pick.
By SFXowner
Zardos wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:07 pm I own the 320 X5 Legion TP9SFX and AXG pro and so far, it's a three-way tie.

I've got 2 out of those three with a variety of glocks, SIGs and Caniks thrown in the mix, waiting for my X5 to come back from the whisperer
By kalikikopa
SFXowner wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:11 pm
Zardos wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:07 pm I own the 320 X5 Legion TP9SFX and AXG pro and so far, it's a three-way tie.

I've got 2 out of those three with a variety of glocks, SIGs and Caniks thrown in the mix, waiting for my X5 to come back from the whisperer
Awesome hearing from you all. It's nice to hear about your collection. My original intention was to replace the Glocks(didn't dislike them, it's just a long story how i cam to sell them) with the Sig P320 X5 Legion. I just couldn't find one available in the world that wasn't horribly marked up.
By Zardos
Real hard time finding stuff that isn't horribly marked up but it's getting better. I paid too much for my Shadow 2 SAO but it was there, and I had the money, so........ you know how it is. LOL To tell you the truth if you add the brass weight kit from Taylor Freelance and a Freedomsmith trigger the SFX is IMO right on par with the 320 X5 Legion. I like Glocks also and can shoot them well but for 9mm's I think I have that covered elsewhere.
By SFXowner
Zardos wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:46 pm Real hard time finding stuff that isn't horribly marked up but it's getting better. I paid too much for my Shadow 2 SAO but it was there, and I had the money, so........ you know how it is. LOL To tell you the truth if you add the brass weight kit from Taylor Freelance and a Freedomsmith trigger the SFX is IMO right on par with the 320 X5 Legion. I like Glocks also and can shoot them well but for 9mm's I think I have that covered elsewhere.
My SFX with a FS trigger, Tungsten rod, backstrap and extensions from TF is pretty sweet, I should get my X5 back from the whisperer in a couple weeks and will be interesting to compare triggers. I was checking out a 226 he did and the SA pull was like whoa......

Sitting here on Xmas thinking what else can I buy myself this year and the Staccato keeps coming up, don't know why I need it but man...
SFX Rival Video

The only difference I know of is the blackout one […]

My trendy firearm pet peeves

Interesting post :-D I prefer having a rail on[…]

@tntsparkz Yes, please. Sent an email. Thanks

Mete mags

Thank you for the info.