Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By n1staffo
Loving my new Mete SFX - just one issue. I want to attach the included flared magazine well, but none of the screws in the mini-gun parts kit seem to fit. I count: 1 smooth/headed plastic pin, 2 screws longer/narrower (clearly too small diameter), 1 screw shorter/wider (will not thread through mag well, but drops free into frame hole). Has anyone else come across this issue, have any suggestions, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!
By BlasterRick2
Sounds like you didn't get the right screw. It should be a flat "bugle" head screw that takes the T10 torx bit. Bang your little gun / bit driver on the table really good as sometimes the parts get jammed up in there. Did you get your gun at a local dealer? Sometimes they rob parts to make some other customer happy. Not sure what the plastic pin is - I did not get one with my SFT kit but I did get two of the larger screws.
By buddyd157
n1staffo wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:20 pm Loving my new Mete SFX - just one issue. I want to attach the included flared magazine well, but none of the screws in the mini-gun parts kit seem to fit. I count: 1 smooth/headed plastic pin, 2 screws longer/narrower (clearly too small diameter), 1 screw shorter/wider (will not thread through mag well, but drops free into frame hole). Has anyone else come across this issue, have any suggestions, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!
i used a screw in that tool kit. right now, my gun is in the basement, and i cannot get to it now.

but there is a screw in the kit that fits.

i also used a drop of BLUE loctite as well.
By buddyd157
BlasterRick2 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:06 am Sounds like you didn't get the right screw. It should be a flat "bugle" head screw that takes the T10 torx bit. Bang your little gun / bit driver on the table really good as sometimes the parts get jammed up in there. Did you get your gun at a local dealer? Sometimes they rob parts to make some other customer happy. Not sure what the plastic pin is - I did not get one with my SFT kit but I did get two of the larger screws.
i did not get any sort of plastic pin either. i am thinking one of 2 things.

the plastic pin might be for when someone needs to change out the trigger, and that pin is inserted thru the trigger to hold it in place, until the metal pin is inserted?

or, he's talking about the orange safety "pin" the keeps the slide partially open to indicate an empty barrel..????
By n1staffo
Problem solved! Mine evidently came with the screw in question having the mating thread insert nearly seized on :) (this was was appeared to be the unthreaded plastic pin). Had to use a clamp to separate the two, but then able to insert and assemble successfully. Thanks to all for the help and welcome.
SFX Rival Video

The only difference I know of is the blackout one […]

My trendy firearm pet peeves

Interesting post :-D I prefer having a rail on[…]

@tntsparkz Yes, please. Sent an email. Thanks

Mete mags

Thank you for the info.