swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
I'm looking for something new, been awhile since I bought myself a gun. I'm looking at the optic ready Hellcat. Seems to be some decent Youtube reviews on it, and I know it's a popular handgun. Anyone on this forum actually have some trigger time behind one?
Yep. I don't own one but have shot a box or two through a friends.

Long, sloppy trigger pull, but other than that it ran 100% and has pretty good ergos for a small pistol. Manageable recoil.

As I understand it, when carrying it effectively disappears, so very easy to conceal. If I needed the smallest possible 9mm carry gun, I don't think that I would buy anything else.
ncjw wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:23 am Yep. I don't own one but have shot a box or two through a friends.

Long, sloppy trigger pull, but other than that it ran 100% and has pretty good ergos for a small pistol. Manageable recoil.

As I understand it, when carrying it effectively disappears, so very easy to conceal. If I needed the smallest possible 9mm carry gun, I don't think that I would buy anything else.
Thanks for the feedback. I love my Canik SC, but I want something a bit smaller that disappears easier and still has a red dot that co-witnesses with irons. I've got the gun in my shopping cart, just waiting for the wife to leave the room so I can whip out the credit card.
Janik wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:08 am I'm looking for something new, been awhile since I bought myself a gun. I'm looking at the optic ready Hellcat. Seems to be some decent Youtube reviews on it, and I know it's a popular handgun. Anyone on this forum actually have some trigger time behind one?
yes, i have one that is my EDC, and i love it.

i have had it since the early summer (2021) , when i got my CCW permit.

shoots great, easy to conceal.

no optics on mine.
buddyd157 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:43 pm
Janik wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:08 am I'm looking for something new, been awhile since I bought myself a gun. I'm looking at the optic ready Hellcat. Seems to be some decent Youtube reviews on it, and I know it's a popular handgun. Anyone on this forum actually have some trigger time behind one?
yes, i have one that is my EDC, and i love it.

i have had it since the early summer (2021) , when i got my CCW permit.

shoots great, easy to conceal.

no optics on mine.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to run it first without a red dot to see how the sights are. But with my aging eyes, I've been putting red dots on more of my guns lately.
i found that the "U" shaped rear sight, makes me pick up/acquire the target faster. that very same type rear sight is on the S/A Emissary, that i also have.

i too have "old eyes", but on all my handguns thus far, nne have red dots, and i do quite well.

this is a picture, of my Emissary target, with those Hellcat sights...i practice at or about the recommended USCCA distance for self defense

Yes, I have an opinion. I have an XD-S 4.0 which is my de facto CCW. My cousin brought his hellcat to the range and after both my wife and myself painted the bullseye over with it, it became his carry gun. He now has the compensated version, which I'm not sure is worth the extra moolah, but hey, still a nice pistol for EDC.
The wife tried the 43x, 365x and the hellcat. Preferred the 365x out of all of them. When I carry a 43x or the 365x they both are so thin and light you cannot tell i'm carrying. Feedback from the wife was the hellcat was just a little snappier than the other two.
Hellcat is the same size as the P365. I love mine. Someone mentioned a sloppy trigger earlier, well my trigger is fine. Great ccw weapon, as is the P365 and 43X. The ONLY thing I don't like about the 43x is the grip is much longer than the Hellcat and P365, little easier to print. All 3 are fine weapons....
Gramps wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:56 am Hellcat is the same size as the P365. I love mine. Someone mentioned a sloppy trigger earlier, well my trigger is fine. Great ccw weapon, as is the P365 and 43X. The ONLY thing I don't like about the 43x is the grip is much longer than the Hellcat and P365, little easier to print. All 3 are fine weapons....

i went and got the new 15 round magazines, and i can also add that they do not print anymore that the 10 round, or 13 round mags
I have one and it is my edc. Have plenty of trigger time behind it and find it to be a great carry gun . Is it a Canik trigger? Definately not, but I personally don't want to carry a Canik trigger. JMO. I have shot the Sig 365, the Taurus G4 and of course the S&W shield. I shoot the shield and the hellcat about equally well, but the capacity of the Hellcat clearly gets the nod. I have always liked the Sig, just have not shot it as well. I like to carry what I shoot well.

Folks, as an FYI that I'm not sure has been covere[…]

Taylor Freelance has the Cerakote brass backstraps[…]

I lean toward the orange. Actually been looking at[…]

TP9SF Elite problems

I have a SF Elite that I carry; have had zero issu[…]