Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Picked up another Turkish gun this week. For those that don't know, it's the AP5 made by MKE. MKE actually used to be licensed manufacturer for H&K and uses H&K tooling to make these "clones". So, essentially they are Mp5's with different roll marks. The prices on these were super inflated but finally came down once Century Arms (the importer) finally listed a decent MSRP.

Badgerboy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:59 pm Very impressive machine. Anything that causes the libs discomfort is aces in my book...and how does it shoot?
Only had time to run two mags through it on my lunch break today. It's silly smooth. Like shooting a .22LR or at least close to it. I have a "cheap" PSA AR-9 and a CZ Scorpion that are both direct blowback and that requires a heavy bolt to absorb the recoil which cause a bit of recoil and general motion in the gun.

My favorite PCC before this was my AR that uses CMMG's Radial Delayed Bolt and barrel. It also uses standard p-mags with inserts that feed 9mm. Great setup for anyone that's familiar with AR's.

Still, the MP5 is just iconic and a blast. With the H&K SP5 prices skyrocketing, this is a pretty cheap way to get something that is essentially the exact same thing.

Here soon before it gets too cold I plan to take all 4 out for a side by side comparison to really see how big the differences are between them.

The CMMG 9mm:

TL1000RSquid wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:48 pm Looks good wish someone would offer a reasonably priced SD model.
Yeah, you'd think they'd sell a ton. I looked into a conversion briefly but I think you'd be around $8-10K after the gun, conversion and suppressor. A little steep just to be able to shoot 115gr subsonic. Definitely cool though.
colonel00 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:58 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:48 pm Looks good wish someone would offer a reasonably priced SD model.
Yeah, you'd think they'd sell a ton. I looked into a conversion briefly but I think you'd be around $8-10K after the gun, conversion and suppressor. A little steep just to be able to shoot 115gr subsonic. Definitely cool though.
Yeah anything with H&K ends up costing an arm and leg even converting their own guns into the way they're suppose to be(sl8,usc). I would think from the factory though they could build SD's for around 3k or less however not being built in the U.S. probably some NFA issues with importing SBR's and suppressors.
colonel00 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:35 am Good point. My guess would be that they'd have to import them like they are now as pistols with a faux suppressor. However, even that might put them over the 922r limit depending on how the gubment viewed it.
Yeah I suppose I'd trust Century enough to install the stock on imported pistol but I would not trust them with the integrally suppressed barrel and its installation. Honestly I'd probably even buy the SD with faux suppressor if imported like that, would just need to find a place selling new intergal barrels and already have all the other hardware.
Here's one place I looked at. Plenty of parts and they sell the suppressors too relatively cheap considering the niche for these suppressors. So if I'm reading it right, you are in for a little over $3K on top of the cost of the host gun. Something I'd consider if I ever found an actual H&K for a decent price. I just don't see the point of converting a clone. Probably SBR it at that point and get an A3 collapsing stock too. Plus a new lower and all the goodies.

https://www.tpmoutfitters.com/product-p ... conversion
Hello from NY

Welcome aboard the forum. I've live in both Long […]

SFX Rival Video

Yep, the accents remind me of something my Grandso[…]

Also, it has been nice that the 15 round mags were[…]

SFX rival just landed

I want one. I just bought the Gray Rival with gol[…]