Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By colonel00
Not that I know of. I like mine and it's my nightstand gun. I got a dovetail red dot plate and have a micro red dot on it. Mostly, it's a nightstand gun for the wife who isn't super proficient with guns.
By Janik
I have 4 Canik TP9DA's and zero issues. One of the best guns I've ever owned. I have two with red dots and two with iron sights. I also have the Galloway Precision reduced power spring kit in a couple of them and it lightened the double action by about 2 pounds.
By gunn
The only issue I have with mine is, my wife thinks it is hers.
By cavelamb
Janik wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:40 pm I have 4 Canik TP9DA's and zero issues. One of the best guns I've ever owned. I have two with red dots and two with iron sights. I also have the Galloway Precision reduced power spring kit in a couple of them and it lightened the double action by about 2 pounds.
Quick question -

Can you operate the decocker with the red dots?
By colonel00
cavelamb wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:39 am
Janik wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:40 pm I have 4 Canik TP9DA's and zero issues. One of the best guns I've ever owned. I have two with red dots and two with iron sights. I also have the Galloway Precision reduced power spring kit in a couple of them and it lightened the double action by about 2 pounds.
Quick question -

Yes, you can. It takes a little effort as the button is obscured a little by the mounting plate but it's easy enough to decock if you wanted.
By Janik
cavelamb wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:39 am
Quick question -

Yup, no problem.
By colonel00
JediZombie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:42 pm
WiFire67 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 pm Any issues with this model?
**==
DAistheway.jpg

Issues? No. Room for improvement? Yes. :d
Which threaded barrel did you go with? I remember someone asking about a threaded barrel for the DA but there weren't any listed as being specifically for the DA.
By JediZombie
I went with the SA/SF threaded barrel strait from Century Arms . Everything works correctly its just too long for a DA/V2. I'm going to see if I can get someone to cut it down and rethread it. If anyone else is thinking about getting a threaded barrel for a DA/V2, just get an elite barrel.
By cavelamb
I bought a DA Friday.
The Romeo Zero from my old Elite will go on it.
As soon as the adapter plate arrives.
Probably Monday?

I've been polishing the trigger parts and wishing for a set of lighter springs.
Anyone have a a link to those?

Gonna shoot is Saturday afternoon.
See how the first hundred round go.

I think this is a better setup for me.
A backup 9mm pistol and commonality of magazines. (Seven now!)

The bag gets kinda heavy with all the mags loaded. :-)
By JEFFWERNER4631
But the reduced spring kit from Galloway precision for it(20bucks) . It makes a huge difference and TEALLY lightens up the pull weight/take up. I have 4 caniks including the combat, but that settup is my favorite to shoot. Double taps like a dream
By cavelamb
Thanks Jeff.
The spring kit is on it's way now.

I spent some time doing cleanup on it last night.
Pulled the plunger, cleaned the pit, polished the plunger and the trigger drawbar.
That took all the "grit" out of the DA pull.

And I have been carefully breaking the sharp edges of the trigger parts.
Who's idea was that, anyway?
Sharp edges on plastic triggers?
It seems to be an industry standard.

The dot mount (titanium! no less!) should be here Monday.
Going to mount the Sig Romeo Zero that was on my Elite on the DA.

And, just for pretty sake, picked out the slide marks in white.
It looks really nice.

Well, I'm off to the range.
Ya'll have a great weekend.

Richard
By cavelamb
So here is an interesting problem...

What does it take to remove the rear sight?
I'd like to install the dot adapter, but this rear sight doesn't want to budge.
Yes, I removed the set screw.
My sight pusher just shrugged.
I finally locked the slide in the vice and used a brass punch and bashed the living $h1t out of it.
It didn't move at all.

The only thing I can think of now is dry ice to shrink the sight some?
I really suspect that's how it was installed.

Tough guns!
By colonel00
The sights are notoriously tight. However, the sight pusher I have has always gotten them free. Some heat might help. You might want to start a separate thread though to get more visibility and suggestions.
Stepping into modern era.

I love my metal frame handguns. I have never shot[…]

i found that the "U" shaped rear[…]

New Canik owner !

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Canik Fanatik forum.