swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By buddyd157
Yeah, I had the Canik TP 9 SF, and i sold it last year. After that, I left this site, since i no longer had a Canik

But about 2 hours ago, i went to my LGS, as I had asked if any more new Mete's came in...

the owner's son "hid one" for me, but no one knew, i was told, "they had only the one SFT".

anyway, i saw the owners son, and he got the one he saved for me......cool.

sold for well under the list price of $575.

came with the tool kit, holster, 2 mags, trigger lock, and plates for a different sight, cleaning tools, extra backstrap.

i just put on the magwell, and cleaned and lubed it, for hopefully a day at the club tomorrow.

wombatz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:11 am Images were there when I first saw it, but gone now. Hope he has not sold this one already.
images are still here. something must have gone kerflooey on your end..???...........
By Ben W.
The SFx is a great pistol! I know you'll fall in love with it. And they respond very well to customizing for your needs. I have two set up for USPSA Carry Optics; one primary and one back-up.
Hello,
New to this forum. I just purchased a Canik Mete SFX have it about 3 weeks and am experiencing problems with the slide not locking back and the mag not releasing. Been in touch with Canik, not a lot of help! Asked me to send it back through my local GS / FFL Whois will charge me $75. Canik says they don’t cover the FFL fee. What I found out over the weekend was the issue seems to be the mag hitting, literally wedging against the trigger bar. Is you manually rack the slide and just push the mag a little it drops out. A shame my , First Canik and seems to be a good shooter but very disappointed!
Larry
LarryDonnelly wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:13 pm Hello,
New to this forum. I just purchased a Canik Mete SFX have it about 3 weeks and am experiencing problems with the slide not locking back and the mag not releasing. Been in touch with Canik, not a lot of help! Asked me to send it back through my local GS / FFL Whois will charge me $75. Canik says they don’t cover the FFL fee. What I found out over the weekend was the issue seems to be the mag hitting, literally wedging against the trigger bar. Is you manually rack the slide and just push the mag a little it drops out. A shame my , First Canik and seems to be a good shooter but very disappointed!
Larry
Hi Larry,

It might help if you started your own thread as this might get lost in this thread that someone else started in the Introduction forum. If you can't start a thread, let me know and I can start one for you.

Regarding your issues, does the slide not lock back every time, both shooting and manual racking, or is it just an occasional thing? If occasional, is it only when shooting? You might be riding the slide release a little (common issue for those new to Canik). One way to check this would be to do tests while shooting one handed.

As far as the mag releasing, that's a new one. Is it just kind of stuck in there or is it truly not releasing (i.e. you cannot pull the mag out)?

Actually, I went ahead and started a thread here for you : topic4570.html
Howdy from WA

Hello, New to the forum and Canik. Read a lot of g[…]

New to fourm

Welcome to Canik Fanatik.

Good call!! The SFx is a great choice for a range[…]

Have never dealt with that spring, but it does see[…]