Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
Ok, let me first say I am not a troll and I am not trolling. Also, this happened less than a week ago and I have direct knowledge that it happened (not 15 years ago to a friend's step-mother's cousin's wife).

My wife is secretary for a local women's gun club and she decided to host an off-range get together for the members at our house. Another member volunteered to get a cake with the club's logo on it from Sam's Club. When she went to provide the logo for the cake, she was informed by the resident cake Nazi that Sam's could not do the cake as there were guns in the club logo - and worse yet - the word "gun". I don't know if I am more stunned or pissed! I'm just putting this out there right now to see if anyone else has encountered this. I will be writing Sam's Club to see if this is in fact a company policy (if so, I will be requesting it in writing and posting it here) or just a rouge employee in this particular bakery department imposing their own take on the 1st and 2nd amendments.

I just can't believe that this is what America has come to. P.S. The club got a cake at BJ's no problem, guns and all.
Last edited by BlasterRick2 on Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That sucks. Unfortunately it's everywhere. I had to create a standalone website because Etsy keeps threatening to shut me down due to the gun shirts. Well, Amazon Pay shut down the payment option on my website https://cfgearstore.com/ and told me I had to express in writing that I removed the "offensive" shirts and how I plan to keep it from ever happening again. f*** em. I don't need Amazon Pay. I'd definitely run it up the ladder at Sams Club and see if this is indeed a company wide policy.
Order a cake with a "Just say no to guns" logo and a pistol with a bar across it... (gun-free zone style) and when they print it, call biased shenanigans.
Janik wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:58 pm That sucks. Unfortunately it's everywhere. I had to create a standalone website because Etsy keeps threatening to shut me down due to the gun shirts. Well, Amazon Pay shut down the payment option on my website https://cfgearstore.com/ and told me I had to express in writing that I removed the "offensive" shirts and how I plan to keep it from ever happening again. f*** em. I don't need Amazon Pay. I'd definitely run it up the ladder at Sams Club and see if this is indeed a company wide policy.
The distressed Canik Hat I got from you is the Sheeeetz. i was going to include a pic with one of my Canik's & the Hat on a review for Etsy, but figured they would take the review down if it had the pic of a firearm.
Update...

Here is the first response from Sam's Club-

"This is Paul with Sam's Club, I was able to receive your ticket about trying to order a cake with one of our clubs and you wanted to include the logo of your Women's Gun Club Logo in it but unfortunately the club itself did not take the order since they mentioned they do not do orders that has a gun or the word itself. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, would it be alright if you could confirm to me which club this was at so I could double check with regards to this issue and confirm because upon checking our system I'm not seeing anything actually that prohibits us from including Guns to the design. We hope to hear from you soon."

We sent in the details of this incident, so hopefully we will get a resolution. Right now it seems like a rogue cake Nazi in our local Sam's Club. In case your interested, here is a picture of the cake we got from BJ's (just to see how offensive it was)!
Attachments
Resized_Resized_20210925_183134_20210925_183306.jpeg
Resized_Resized_20210925_183134_20210925_183306.jpeg (126.12 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Hope you get an apology from them. I would not want to eat a cake that they made tho. People can do some distasteful things when they feel they are being forced to comply to something they are opposed to. Don't wish to be more graphic then that.

P.S. The cake you got from BJ's is great!
Second response from "Paul" at Sam's Club Member Care after we provided details and also a picture of the cake eventually made by their competitor:

"Thank you so much for your response and providing this information, I'd like to inform you that I'll be further looking into this so that I could provide you with the correct and accurate information needed since upon further investigation the only policy we have here is the Open to Carry policy. Thank you so much for your patience."

Like wombatz said, won't be ordering any cakes from this Sam's Club unless the responsible party or parties are fired. Probably won't happen. So tired of all the efforts underway by the "elites" to divide Americans against each other. Never thought I'd have to stand up for my cake rights!
Here is what looks to be the final response from "Paul" at Sam's Club Member Care:

"Upon checking on our policies related or referring to Guns may it be image or word. The only policy we have for gun related is the open to carry which does not indicate anything that prohibits the Club from accepting any orders which will show an image or the word GUN itself. I'd like to inform you that I'll be fully documenting this to have this raised with our management so we could start an investigation. This is definitely not the experience we want you valued members to have. Rest assured I'll be working on this concern with the best of my capability and we'll be making the necessary actions needed to ensure this does not happen again."

Ok, not a Sam's Club policy although apparently there is an open carry policy which Paul kept calling "open to carry". That's a whole other bag of worms, but it looks like the cake Nazi will be getting a civics lesson at the very least.
Holster recommendations

Thanks!

I'm right across the bridge so I'll keep my eyes p[…]

I am only making a logical inference about the dif[…]

It's not my Canik, but... I shot an IDPA match wit[…]