swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Canik Fanatik Forum Information and Announcements.
Seems like the forums lately have slowed down and we are looking for suggestions to change this. is it the style that is effecting people? Looking for a better style to work on phones etc..? anything will help guys and gals. this is your opportunity to let us know what you think will help grow and increase activity here on the forum.
So for me the forum is great. The Canik brand isn't new anymore and the new models are evolutionary, not revolutionary. I can't use red dot sights due to astigmatism and I don't shoot competition so most of the newer models really aren't of interest to me, personally. I'm also a member of the Facebook group and I can't stand that format. This is where I come for updates and Canik news.

JG
Mobile-only user here.

I visit the forum several times a day, but usually don't have much to contribute.

Not a facebook user, never going to be, so this is my only source for info.

Since the Canik is such a nice reliable platform, not much interesting side-talk.

Other than new users with the "Just bought $500 of aftermarket mods, getting my new Canik next week" and new user break-in issues.
keltex78 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:56 pm Mobile-only user here.

I visit the forum several times a day, but usually don't have much to contribute.

Not a facebook user, never going to be, so this is my only source for info.

Since the Canik is such a nice reliable platform, not much interesting side-talk.

Other than new users with the "Just bought $500 of aftermarket mods, getting my new Canik next week" and new user break-in issues.
how does it look and function strictly from the mobile side?
No problems. Only change I would like would be putting the page-select option at the top of a thread with multiple pages so I don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom to select.
keltex78 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:12 pm No problems. Only change I would like would be putting the page-select option at the top of a thread with multiple pages so I don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom to select.
^^^This^^^

I'm also mobile only and Facebook Free. I was a frequent shooter and enthusiast on multiple forums. I'm not a competition shooter and had only just begun to learn reloading pre election/Covid.......

.....all that went to hell and took my enthusiasm with it. Good luck trying to find a fix for that..... I don't think it's a problem with the forum structure.
ShooterMcGavin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:02 pm I'm also mobile only and Facebook Free. I was a frequent shooter and enthusiast on multiple forums. I'm not a competition shooter and had only just begun to learn reloading pre election/Covid.......

.....all that went to hell and took my enthusiasm with it. Good luck trying to find a fix for that..... I don't think it's a problem with the forum structure.
Sounds familiar... I'm not competitive, just recreational, with an interest in defensive carry. I just got into reloading early last year, just when things started getting crazy. Got a press, some supplies, then primers dried up, so I'm clinging to my limited stash remaining, and shooting very little.
keltex78 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:12 pm No problems. Only change I would like would be putting the page-select option at the top of a thread with multiple pages so I don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom to select.
Let me see what i can do about figuring that out
Ok so page numbers up top, a dark mode option, a better way to add pics, any other features we have you like or would like to see? Thinkong of changing the theme to make it more mobile friendly and trying make sure i have a list of features liked and wanted.
Dark mode is already great on mobile, I love that...

I don't upload many pics, but when I do, it's never an issue. I always use a third-party host and copy the link over...
Forum / Format is fine. Personally I've gotten burned out on watching gun-tubers and gun forums over the years especially with most of them going chicken little over the commies in Congress. Taking a break from screen time is all.
I'm here almost every day at one time or another, some days I'll stop by more than once. I usually just click on "New Posts" and see what's been happening. Normally I will respond to an existing thread and only very rarely start a new one. I haven't been shooting much over the last few months, as components are an issue for most all of us, and it's been so hot here (North Carolina), and I just can't deal with the heat very well as I get older. Hence, not much to contribute. But I do come by and contribute what I can. I enjoy this forum a lot, but not as much as I enjoy my TP9SFx's when I get to shoot them!! My best to all.... I wish I had a better idea of how to get more activity here.
What's wrong with the forum? -an opinion.
First of all let me say- this was the hottest forum out there a while back. Now it's just barely limping along. So, what happened? - my opinion.... I believe it started with the change to the new format. It took a long time to get it up and running- then the new format was way too different. In fact- for months I thought the forum was down because it just didn't look right. I think that may still be the major hindrance here-wrong format.
Many of the gun forums (and other forums too) have all gone to a standard format. That way -regardless of which forum you are on it is very familiar to the user.
For instance look at-
crvownersclub.com
Taurusarmed.net
Ruger.net
Firearms Talk
Handgunforum.net
Kahrforum,com
Bersaforum.com

They are all the same format. Some may be slightly different but not by much. Now- truthfully ...some of these forums are not very active, but it may not have been the format that made them inactive.
Stop and think just how active Canik Fanik was before the format change. I don't know if it is salvageable or how much it would cost to switch to a new format. But- I don't believe this forum will survive without changing the format.
Definitely not trying to hurt any feelings- just my opinion that this format is the main issue.
I have to disagree with Higgy a bit. The new format was a pain for a while but I doubt anyone is staying away because of it, except maybe Higgy.

I think the problem is the availability and price of ammo, guns, and reloading components. People are not shooting near as much as they use to and if you aren't shooting, I think you loose interest. There has been some new guns released by Canik but availability has been a problem. So we don't have as many new people joining the forum. This is a niche forum. We don't have hunting, reloading and other guns to hold interest. The reloading problem is primarily due to the lack of primers and other components. I don't think the reloading interest will improve until we can buy primers again at a reasonable rate.

So I don't think there is an easy forum fix that is going to solve the problem. When the forum was real busy ammo was cheap and available. A lot of new Canik shooters were modifying their Caniks to shoot at the range or competition. I would like to shoot moderate competition but just can't afford the ammo at present prices. I would start reloading again but need to buy a new press and equipment. Not worth the money if I can't buy primers. I think the forum having such a narrow interest hurts participation. Changing format is not going to resolve the present situation.

I think the reason the forum was so popular for a while was due to the how-to threads from Weapon and others. Everyone who owned a Canik was really interested in these threads. Most long time members have that information now and don't need to post for help.

Frank
We have looked at going to that forum style as well as going back to a basic phpbb forum style thats better suited to all platforms. Im hoping it wasnt the style change that ran people off. I may try ans take it back to a basic style and see what we get. If i do ill put another post up asking for thougjts and opinions. Just want to get a nice setup and let it ride.
My two cents:

- It isn't the format.
- It's related to the price and availability of ammo.
- And the NC heat as mentioned above.
- I may have mentioned this before: stickies, stickies, stickies!!!! Answers a lot of newbie questions. Saves a lot of time. No one ever reads old posts before they join.
- Canik has gone from an unknown gem to (almost) mainstream. This is probably limiting new posts as there are more places to find things out.
- Should consider last post first format.
- What is the purpose of the 3-4 post links at the bottom of the page? Not needed.

As others, this is just about the only forum I am on, no mainstream social media at all for me, so this is where - get my Canik fix. IMHO, it is a great forum with good folks, just a bit quiet due to the issue above.

I did hear about and went an checked out Canik Nation on FB, they went insane over some perceived slight. Lucky that we are not them.

Keep up the good work and don't sweat the traffic.
OK, I figured that I would give everyone a range report from today to keep the posts flowing:

I took out the steel and put a couple of hundred rounds into it from 10-25 yards with my SFX and Elite. Everything functioned perfectly and the accuracy of the Caniks is still unbeatable.

Ummm, that's it....
Red dots after eye surgery

I had that procedure done last year & went[…]

Daily prep? I pick it up and stick it on my belt o[…]

ok, so i bought the 16 oz bottle, off of amazon. c[…]

Howdy from WA

Welcome aboard the forum.