Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By Janik
So far I'm really diggin' the METE SFT. I haven't had a lot of time behind the trigger yet, but it's a shooter. With Canik's each new release, they seem to make substantial improvements. I've only put about 150 rounds through it so far, so I'm no expert on the model. But, I do appreciate the improvements. Aside from the ambi slide stop, they trimmed them down so they don't stick out so far, and less likely for me to ride the slide stop. They contoured the back of the grip a little more, and the bite on my hand isn't noticeable. I never really had that problem with my other Canik models, but I have heard some people complain. But I guess it makes sense they contoured it, since they added the under cut on the bottom side of the trigger guard allowing for a higher grip. And of course, retaining the rear sights is nice. I'm currently running a SHIELD RMSc on my METE, and it co-witnesses perfectly with the stock 3 dot iron sights. But as I do with most guns, I'll probably change them out for Night Fision Night Sights eventually. As for the trigger, I didn't notice anything different. I'm not much of a trigger snob and tend to keep it stock on most of my guns, and this one feels the same as almost any other Canik with a nice short reset. Anyway, as I get to spend more time with it at the range and compare it to my other Caniks, I'll add to this post. But as of now, it's definitely a blast to shoot.
IMG_7291s2.jpg
IMG_7291s2.jpg (274.74 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
IMG_7299s2.jpg
IMG_7299s2.jpg (271.58 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
IMG_E7311s2.jpg
IMG_E7311s2.jpg (348.19 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
The kit has some nice little goodies. The little gun is a screw driver, and in the handle conceals the screws, washers and bits you'll need. There are also two adapter plates that come in the kit, and one of them fits the micro red dots. I'm not sure yet which red dots fit the other plate, I'll have to mess around with that later. But with the SHIELD RMSc on the gun, it was easy to acquire the red dot and get on target fast. But then, I primarily use micro red dots so I'm used to the smaller window. YMMV
IMG_7283s2.jpg
IMG_7283s2.jpg (250.98 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
colonel00 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:20 pm Nice. Is the magwell metal or plastic? I don't think I've seen this mentioned before. Also, would it fit on older models?
It feels plastic. I doubt it would fit on older models. It comes with a screw and the base of the grip is pre drilled.

Edit: someone mentioned they read it was cerakoted aluminum, so it very well could be.
People were asking on FB so I figured I'd post here too. This is my METE SFT lower with my Elite Combat upper. Slide locks back and cycles fine, but I have not put live rounds through the gun in this configuration.
METE SFT lower and Elite Combat Upper
METE SFT lower and Elite Combat Upper
METE lower EC upper-s.jpg (136.42 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Janik wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:30 pm
colonel00 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:20 pm Nice. Is the magwell metal or plastic? I don't think I've seen this mentioned before. Also, would it fit on older models?
It's plastic. I doubt it would fit on older models. It comes with a screw and the base of the grip is pre drilled.
That's surprising. From the many reviews I've seen they were saying it was cerakoted aluminum.
Janik wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:33 pm People were asking on FB so I figured I'd post here too. This is my METE SFT lower with my Elite Combat upper. Slide locks back and cycles fine, but I have not put live rounds through the gun in this configuration.

METE lower EC upper-s.jpg
I should have waited. Got impatient and bought another EC
HarrysAllOut wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:47 pm
Janik wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:30 pm
It's plastic. I doubt it would fit on older models. It comes with a screw and the base of the grip is pre drilled.
That's surprising. From the many reviews I've seen they were saying it was cerakoted aluminum.
It may be. Feels like plastic to me, but durable. I suppose it could be cerakoted aluminum. I'll have to reach out to Canik USA and get clarification. Thanks for the info.
Congrats on yours, I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered it from Battlehawk Armory on 8/20 for a great price, lucked into it as they have been out of stock since. Still haven't shipped it yet though :-x

I have a Swampfox Sentinel waiting to go on mine.

Where did you find yours?
J59CanikCrav wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:14 am Congrats on yours, I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered it from Battlehawk Armory on 8/20 for a great price, lucked into it as they have been out of stock since. Still haven't shipped it yet though :-x

I have a Swampfox Sentinel waiting to go on mine.

Where did you find yours?
Classic Firearms had them in stock.
Thanks for the information. I’m going to get the SFT eventually. I like the “regular” size finally being available optics ready.

Do you have a Elite SC to compare the optics cut size to? The optic plate looks the same as the SC but it looks from your pictures that the size of the cut might be larger. I have a Holosun 507k on my SC. I wouldn’t mind using that on the SFT but I would rather use a 507C X2 if the cut will accommodate the extra size.
First observations.
- Magwell is metal, and cerakoted
- I like the small backstrap installed, other one has too much swell for me
- Contrary to instruction card saying don't use screws that come with optic, well if you are using a Swampfox Sentinel, you can't. The screw heads are too large. I used screw specs M4x0.7, 5.0mm nut diameter, 14 mm length, torqued to 15 in lb and it fits perfect.
- Comes with two plates, one for mini Red Dots like 407K, 507K, RMSc, Swampfox Sentinel, and I presume the Trijicon RMRcc. The other for full size RMR/Swampfox Justice, Holosun 407/508.
- The threaded barrel from my TP9SFT (13.5x1mm LH Thread) fits the TP9SF METE perfect, but the converse is not true. The TP9SF METE barrel diameter is a hair too large and won't go through the barrel opening in the TP9SFT slide 😞 BUT, at least I can use the threaded barrel on the TP9 METE 😁
Janik wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:53 pm I'm currently running a SHIELD RMSc on my METE, and it co-witnesses perfectly with the stock 3 dot iron sights.

IMG_7291s2.jpg
It appears that you are using the plate without the bumpers on both ends, just the front. So the Shield RMSc doesn't fit with bumpers in front and rear? My Swampfox Sentinel fits perfect with that plate.
Attachments
CanikTP9SFT-2.jpg
CanikTP9SFT-2.jpg (58.24 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
CanikTP9SFT-1.jpg
CanikTP9SFT-1.jpg (64.45 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
J59CanikCrav wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:58 pm
Janik wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:53 pm I'm currently running a SHIELD RMSc on my METE, and it co-witnesses perfectly with the stock 3 dot iron sights.

IMG_7291s2.jpg
It appears that you are using the plate without the bumpers on both ends, just the front. So the Shield RMSc doesn't fit with bumpers in front and rear? My Swampfox Sentinel fits perfect with that plate.
Correct. My SHIELD RMSc wouldn't fit on the plate with front and rear bumpers.
Hey, thanks for your info. I had a question about the optics. Are you sure the 407k and 507k fit the Canik Mete? I have not seen any confirmation about red dots other than " Trijicon RMRcc and Shield RMS/RMSc footprint micro optics". The 407k and 507k seem to need some modification to work with the supplied plates. I would love to be able to put a 507k on the Mete.

J59CanikCrav wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:27 pm First observations.

- Contrary to instruction card saying don't use screws that come with optic, well if you are using a Swampfox Sentinel, you can't. The screw heads are too large. I used screw specs M4x0.7, 5.0mm nut diameter, 14 mm length, torqued to 15 in lb and it fits perfect.
- Comes with two plates, one for mini Red Dots like 407K, 507K, RMSc, Swampfox Sentinel, and I presume the Trijicon RMRcc. The other for full size RMR/Swampfox Justice, Holosun 407/508.
I don’t have a METE yet but the plates appear to be the same as the Elite SC. If that is the case it is really simple to convert the plate to accept the Holosun 407/507k.

Great review on your your first impressions.

This is my first foray into Canik, just ordered the METE SFX and was wondering if you have any thoughts on what weapon light would fit best?

I saw some reviewers were sent the Olight Mini 2 along with a second holster cut to fit a light, and was wondering if anyone knows if that holster would only work on that specific light, or if it would take a Streamlight TLR1-HL or Surefire X300 Ultra as well? The Olight Mini just seems too small for this size of pistol.

Thanks in advance!
Ragnar75 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:00 am Great review on your your first impressions.

This is my first foray into Canik, just ordered the METE SFX and was wondering if you have any thoughts on what weapon light would fit best?

I saw some reviewers were sent the Olight Mini 2 along with a second holster cut to fit a light, and was wondering if anyone knows if that holster would only work on that specific light, or if it would take a Streamlight TLR1-HL or Surefire X300 Ultra as well? The Olight Mini just seems too small for this size of pistol.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately I'm not much help since I don't carry with a weapon mounted light. I'd contact Sousa Tactical or Smoky Mountain Concealment. Both work with Canik pistols a lot, and would probably have some good insight for you. Or even be able to make a holster specific to your needs.

Looks to be cheaper at a few other places. Didn't[…]

Does Badgergirl approve? Way to break the mood! […]

Magazines

Is that to much? 25 plus 8 shipping?

Canik Rival w/Steel Frame?

Keep an eye on this:. https://gun.deals/search/a[…]