Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Landric wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:05 pm I don’t have a METE yet but the plates appear to be the same as the Elite SC. If that is the case it is really simple to convert the plate to accept the Holosun 407/507k.

For future reference, how do you convert the Elite SC plate so it will take a Holosun 407/507K?
I run an Olight PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie on my Elite SC. I find it to be an excellent choice for this pistol. Why would you think it is too small?
Duvallite wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:29 pm For future reference, how do you convert the Elite SC plate so it will take a Holosun 407/507K?
The Holosun sights have shallower holes for the mounting lugs on the plate that help hold the sight in place. So, you need to file down the front lugs on the plate. I don't think there are rear lugs if I recall. For the SC, this is quite easy as the plate is plastic.
colonel00 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:48 pm
Duvallite wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:29 pm For future reference, how do you convert the Elite SC plate so it will take a Holosun 407/507K?
The Holosun sights have shallower holes for the mounting lugs on the plate that help hold the sight in place. So, you need to file down the front lugs on the plate. I don't think there are rear lugs if I recall. For the SC, this is quite easy as the plate is plastic.
Hmm I guess I didn't do mine right :grin: The Swampfox Sentinel fit perfect in the lugs, but I just swapped for the 507K X2 and screwed it down at 15 in/lb. Yes there's a slight gap but doesn't seem to affect anything. Maybe I'll go back and file them down a bit ;)
Bagman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:12 pm I run an Olight PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie on my Elite SC. I find it to be an excellent choice for this pistol. Why would you think it is too small?
My METE is actually being delivered tomorrow, and I haven't owned any other Caniks prior to this, so I was really just guessing from what I see as a large gun and fairly small weapon light.

Maybe I'll have to take a look into PL-MINI 2 after all!

Thanks!
Trying to mount the same sight to my Canik Elite Combat, but the sight won’t fit the plate. The two front mounting lugs on the plate (No 1 plate that came with pistol) are too tall, AND too wide for the sight! Has anyone found a source for the correct plate for this sight?
TIA
Janik wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:30 pm
colonel00 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:20 pm Nice. Is the magwell metal or plastic? I don't think I've seen this mentioned before. Also, would it fit on older models?
It feels plastic. I doubt it would fit on older models. It comes with a screw and the base of the grip is pre drilled.

Edit: someone mentioned they read it was cerakoted aluminum, so it very well could be.
Sounded like metal when I dropped mine on the floor . . .
I just picked up a METE SFT with the Mecanik 01 red dot full package (holster, dot, gun, etc) for $600 and sent in the 3 mag rebate deal. I'm new to Caniks but after a couple hundred rounds I'm loving it!
FLA45fan wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:53 pm I just picked up a METE SFT with the Mecanik 01 red dot full package (holster, dot, gun, etc) for $600 and sent in the 3 mag rebate deal. I'm new to Caniks but after a couple hundred rounds I'm loving it!
Congrats on your METE SFT.

The other main difference not mentioned above is t[…]

Canik Fanatik on Social Media

Funny same people run this forum that run that cra[…]

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]