Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
I had to buy some Tulammo during the ammo shortage, it shoots fine but leaves some stubborn copper fouling. I got home and cleaned as I always have with Lucas extreme bore cleaner but the stubborn copper fouling remained. I had a bit of Hoppes # 9 left and used that as well and yes I let it soak in the barrel for a while, the copper remained. I really didn't want to use anything with ammonia in it so I started looking. I was convinced that chemical technology has progressed over the last 118 years since Hoppes # 9 was invented and I was right. After reading many reviews and research I ordered some Bore Tech Eliminator and followed the directions. One patch soaked in it ran through and turned blue-green and black. The copper was just about gone with one pass but I went ahead with the cleaning procedure. The bore has never been cleaner except when it was new, it removed everything. Even the crud the other stuff left behind, it also removed the copper left on the feed ramp. No odor to speak of, not harmful to leave in your barrel, Highly recommended.
Yes, thanks for the report. I have heard of this product line, but never tried it. Willing to give it a try, though I can't say I am disappointed with my 1-2-3-4 barrel cleaning practice:
1. Snake through the barrel when finished shooting at the range, while gunk is still warm and soft
2. At home, Hoppes 9
3. Ballistol with patches until visible clean results
4. Snake it again.

Neil 8-)
ok, so i bought the 16 oz bottle, off of amazon. came the very next day,

i just used it minutes ago, on one of my 45 ACP guns.

as per the directions, and i also used a brass brush, after using the nylon brush first, as per the directions.

when i went to run the patches thru the bore, they came out black, just like they do when i use Hoppes 9

after several dry patches, i ran a patch or Hoppes 9, then dry patches.

each patch came out as nearly white as can be.

so, i "feel" as though this cleans deeper(?) then Hoppes 9, but i will not use Bore TECH exclusively.

i will run Hoppe's 9 as usual, THEN, use the Bore TECH to further clean the barrels. BUT, maybe after several cleanings with Hoppes 9, then use the Bore Tech, "once in a while", for the deeper cleaning.

reason being.??

i have like a 1/2 gallon of Hoppes 9, and i ain't about to not use it.

would i recommend this Bore TECH?

sure, price is reasonable for a 16 oz bottle. BUT, i'd also maybe recommend a small spray bottle, as to not have cleaning fluid all over my mat.
Thanks for the review. I am going to try it out on my various rifles. I even bought the rimfire version.

For pistol barrels however, I will continue to use my Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner with Hoppes #9. I usually run about 3 cycles, with a nylon and copper bore brushing in between cycles. Then run a patch with ballistol until clean (doesn't take many). I originally bought the ultrasonic cleaner to put the sparkle back in my wife's jewelry, but it has since been repurposed to clean pistol barrels, RSAs, suppressors, and about anything else gun related that will fit in there. She doesn't mind - most of the guns are hers!
BlasterRick2 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:38 am I originally bought the ultrasonic cleaner to put the sparkle back in my wife's jewelry, but it has since been repurposed to clean pistol barrels, RSAs, suppressors, and about anything else gun related that will fit in there.
It does a really good job of cleaning brass too.
Just noticed this thread. I have been using Bore Tech for pistols and rifles for the last few months (except my two match rifles - they still get the Kroil/JB treatment - really couldn't tell you if it's better or just superstition - it certainly doesn't hurt accuracy).

BT definitely cleans quickly and thoroughly (for a non-OCD shooter).
METE SFX Magazine compatibility

sweet, I was pretty sure it was, just wanted to ma[…]

SFX Signature Series

Hard pass on white. Consistent with other white &[…]

New Ruger LCP MAX 380........

I've been through multiple LCP2's. I traded them o[…]

TP9SC Elite Pricing

Not sure what color you are looking for. Blacko[…]