Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Hello, this may seem like a strange question. I bought a Canik Elite Combat, and then discovered the optic cut removes the rear sight. This concerns me because I would rather have a rear backup sight with my red dot (currently a Trijicon SRO).

I thought about selling the Combat (unfired), buying an Elite and get the slide cut get by Galloway Precision. The cut leaves the rear sight intact.

There is a glut of new Elite Combats for sale by vendors, and in order to compete, I'd have to sell the Combat at a $75 to $100 loss.

Would you sell the the Combat? Or, how would you address the loss of the rear sight on the Combat?

Thanks,
NewFanatik
Welcome aboard the forum.

I shoot an SFx in USPSA and Steel Challenge matches with an SRO. When you remove the plate on the SFx to mount the SRO you also remove the rear sight. Do I miss it, nope. You don't see the standard front sight. To co-witness you would need a much taller sight.

I have a P80 G34 that has suppressor height sights in addition to a red dot. Do I ever use the backup sights, nope. I don't even see them when shooting.

If my optics were to fail, I revert to "point-shoot". Only failure I have had during a match was self-imposed. I somehow turned it off during a reload (it wasn't the SRO). I shot a Texas Star during that run doing point-shoot only. Sure I missed a couple but I did complete the string.

Results may vary but I don't miss the sights at all. I still shoot using iron sights on my M&P's. Just my opinion.......
I would definitely NOT sell the TP9SF Combat Elite. And I will note, that I have no backup iron sights on any of my Red Dot pistols and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

My competition guns - don't care.

My carry guns - don't care, based on statistics, I won't need any backup sights, much less any sights, in the typical gun fight.

See: https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/are- ... f-defense/
The EC is a better gun overall. On mine (and my SFX) I have a suppressor height front sight that helps with target acquisition and finding the dot. It can also help if the dot ever fails. Some of the red dots out there have a little rear sight notch or painted lines that help with lining up the taller front sight. All that said, I know where the front sight should be roughly in the RDS window and none of my red dots have any rear sight markings (Holosun 507Cs).
extremist wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am I would definitely NOT sell the TP9SF Combat Elite. And I will note, that I have no backup iron sights on any of my Red Dot pistols and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

My competition guns - don't care.

My carry guns - don't care, based on statistics, I won't need any backup sights, much less any sights, in the typical gun fight.

See: https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/are- ... f-defense/
Oh my gosh, that article and the ones it references are fantastic! Thank you very much for posting it.
New Member from Portugal

Hi! I'm from Portugal and have a TP9 Elite SC. :-[…]

Flat nose bullets

Thanks for the input. I may buy some samples and t[…]

New shirt and hoodie available at CF Gear. https[…]

Competition insight wanted

True I'm thinking just sticking with pistol for no[…]