swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion for Competition Shooting.
By LT USN (Ret.)
OK, nobody has ponied up videos in a while of a Canik in use at a match.

So, setting aside my pride (the videos will show I have little to no pride) here are my videos from a USPSA shoot.

I may not be worth a damn but I have fun. Shooting Senior-Carry Optics-Minor.

Stage 1. A fast and simple shoot.

Stage 2. OK, no major faults in that run.

Stage 3. Lessons in how NOT to attempt a reload. There was 6 seconds down the drain.

Stage 4. FINALLY! A good reload.

Stage 5. Ignore the middle target after the reload. I called the shoot being WAAAAAY off while I was shooting. Virginia count: no go backies....

By ncjw
Reload?

Sure, show off that you can afford TWO mags of ammo while the rest of us are just getting by with one shot every three weeks or so, Mr. Moneybags.

And while poor Texans are starving for ammo.

Have you no shame?...
By Ben W.
ncjw wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:18 am Reload?

Sure, show off that you can afford TWO mags of ammo while the rest of us are just getting by with one shot every three weeks or so, Mr. Moneybags.

And while poor Texans are starving for ammo.

Have you no shame?...
Hmmmm.... somebody didn't get into reloading before the current ammo crisis... sorry to hear it! By the way, nice going , LT! I'd post some of my USPSA shooting but nobody would be able to finish the videos because they'd be rolling around on the floor laughing their butts off!!! :-D
By BillOregon
I thought the Youtubes were most instructive. Thank you for posting them. Maybe someday I will get up the nerve to give USPSA a try -- assuming ammo prices come back down ...
By Ben W.
I just noticed that your reloads(?) seemed pretty smokey! I thought you were using Sport Pistol powder; am I wrong? If not, what powder are you using? I know right now we need to use what we can find...
Ben W. wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 am I just noticed that your reloads(?) seemed pretty smokey! I thought you were using Sport Pistol powder; am I wrong? If not, what powder are you using? I know right now we need to use what we can find...
Yes, it's Sport Pistol but when shooting, I never notice. Some videos look worst than others for the smoke. I guess the sun was in my eyes......

I'm using 3.4gr over a 145gr RN coated bullet set to OAL 1.135".
By Ben W.
I thought you were funning 3.2 grains like I am. I don't have a chrono, so..... Just got my Square Deal B set up again (had it for decades) for 9mm and all adjusted. Had been loading on a different machine that I can free up now for another caliber. I never noticed that much smoke from my loads, but it may have something to do with humidity or something like that. Who knows? All the best...
1st post : I have a problem

Welcome aboard the forum.

In the last week, Brownell's and Midway both have […]

Extra Magazines

I had issues finding factory mags too. But my CZ/ […]

New Canik Owner

"Haven't received the EC yet but looking […]