Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
By Janik
Just got my new Olight Slim i3T EOS flashlight in the mail today. Weird that I received it on a Sunday. Bought it on Amazon for $19.99. It's my first Olight, but I wanted something small for pocket carry. It has two modes with a pressure sensitive switch. 5 lumens and 160 lumens. Starts out with the 5 lumens, but a second press of the rear switch kicks it into 160 lumens. It's bright enough for my needs for a EDC pocket carry. Will see how it holds up. Feels pretty solid though.
20180715_101021.jpg
20180715_101021.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 7484 times
20180715_100827.jpg
20180715_100827.jpg (76.43 KiB) Viewed 7484 times
Nice, olight threw in some sort of free mini flashlight when I ordered my PL2 during their 40% off promo, cause they sold out and i had to wait a month to get it. Seem like a decent company and so far the pl2 has held up have attached it to 9, 45 pistols and 9, x39, .308 rifle and still ticking.

I dont really edc a light unless my weaponlight counts.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:32 pm Nice, olight threw in some sort of free mini flashlight when I ordered my PL2 during their 40% off promo, cause they sold out and i had to wait a month to get it. Seem like a decent company and so far the pl2 has held up have attached it to 9, 45 pistols and 9, x39, .308 rifle and still ticking.

I dont really edc a light unless my weaponlight counts.
That's cool they did that. I need to get an Olight for my nightstand gun. Probably going to get the mini since my HD gun is a DA. I may end up filling that role eventually with the P09, once I pay off my O7 and get a Kadet for it. Then I'd probably get the PL2. I'm still learning about the Olight models. I carry a flashlight everyday though since I work on RV's, but I didn't want anything too big. Just something I can throw in my front pocket. I'll see how it holds up getting dropped a dozen times a day.
I usually use the flashlight app on my phone when I need one, I do keep a couple cheapo chinese 18650 powered flashlights in truck.

PL2 is real nice at this point I'd recommend it to anyone looking for high lumen light for a pistol. Downside is finding decent holster for it for anything other then a glock, though I got a p07 on the way.
GlennSFX wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 am OLight makes a very good product. I bought a couple M1X Strikers a couple years ago and they are still going strong!
Good to know. I've been looking at more of their products. Hope to get a PL Mini or Valkyrie soon.
Janik wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:42 am Just got my new Olight Slim i3T EOS flashlight in the mail today. Weird that I received it on a Sunday. Bought it on Amazon for $19.99. It's my first Olight, but I wanted something small for pocket carry. It has two modes with a pressure sensitive switch. 5 lumens and 160 lumens. Starts out with the 5 lumens, but a second press of the rear switch kicks it into 160 lumens. It's bright enough for my needs for EDC pocket carry tac flashlight. Will see how it holds up. Feels pretty solid though.

20180715_101021.jpg20180715_100827.jpg
The good news is that I am exploring new high-quality flashlight brands. I have been using Fenix, GearLight, J5. Thank you for sharing the information about Olight Slim, I will check them out on Amazon. This looks like a good flashlight!
Not a weapon light but still olight, I had the s10 baton, extremely durable (survived being ran over with nothing more than scrapes), batteries although cr123 lasted for 6 months at times with constant use. Gave it to my father in law to carry with his nightstand gun when he walks his dogs.
Janik wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:42 am Weird that I received it on a Sunday.
Kinda spooky huh. The world could be on fire, but Amazon trudges on, in the name of the almighty buck...sure is nice to get a surprise when you least expect it. Like, after a long morning after church.....ahhhh...gun parts! Thanks for the info.
I remember I used to duct tape my flashlight to my dad’s rifle to get a better view at night. And it worked better than you might think because I used a really bright flashlight. It was something like this Vont tactical flashlight from Amazon I use now for household needs. It’s way better than all the other flashlights I used because it’s durable, and I don’t need to change the battery that often. And the light is enough for me to do any chores the night I need.
Glad I got it from amazon a year ago because it helps me a good deal now, and I don’t know what I would do without it.

Arcus 98DA is from Bulgaria. Solid chunk of stee[…]

Thanks for the info! As a new pistol shooter, I'm […]

Is the forum worth it?

In my case it was laziness...it seems this chara[…]

Looks to be cheaper at a few other places. Didn't[…]