Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
Image]Anybody know where to find any of this, Winchester W Train and Defend Handgun Ammo 9mm[/I]???
It was rated by a YouTube guru higher than Federal HST...now there is no trace of it anywhere I've seen.

Anyone ever used it or have any experience with it?

Later,
Reg
Attachments
Winchester 147.png
Winchester 147.png (699.4 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Hi Reggietsfree,

If you check out the performance of the Winchester W Train and Federal's HST 147 grain bullets I don't see any advantage of the W Train over the HST. The W Train is higher penetrating. The HST penetration is pretty much in the FBI zone of 12" to 18". The average penetration of 5 shots with the HST is 15". The average penetration of the W Train is 18.7". The average expansion for the HST is .61. The average expansion for the W Train is .52. You can check out the performance of the two bullets at Lucky Gunner Labs on line.

I would rather have better expansion with good penetration rather than over penetration and less expansion. They will both do the job but I will stick with the HST.

Frank
Frank,

Great observation. I was baffled by Shooting the Bull's ranking it higher than HST, maybe a personal preference I guess.
I was more curious than anything.
I am stocked pretty good with HST 124 gr/147 +P & non +P...also Speer GD 124+P...some Golden Sabers 124 as well.
BTW...ever shot any Black Hills 125 HoneyBadger or Buffaloe +P 124 HP's???

Saw that Holosun is bringing out a new low profi[…]

Email notifications

Finally remembered to ask about this. I noticed t[…]

getting the forum alive again

One thing I try to do is to point people this dire[…]

So I've seen mention of how the grip is different […]