Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
Well the number of responses to this question do not look good to me. Wish there were many, many more.

I looked back- and see that I questioned if the forum was working okay back in November and got only 2 responses.

I suspect the problem is the new format and or the transition time it took to get here. I just hope that whatever the issue is- it can be resolved.
In responce to Higgie Baby, I like the new format, and I keep it on the "dark side" because I can read it better. I don't know why members don't tune in or answer questions more often maybe because of the Ammo problem and shooters like myself are getting discouraged that they can't get out and shoot more often. It's a release that us shooters need every so often.
I also have two compressed air Air Guns that I can shoot in my backyard, so that helps a little bit.
higgybaby wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:46 am Well the number of responses to this question do not look good to me. Wish there were many, many more.

I looked back- and see that I questioned if the forum was working okay back in November and got only 2 responses.

I suspect the problem is the new format and or the transition time it took to get here. I just hope that whatever the issue is- it can be resolved.
There's not enough Walmart - Women's bathroom stories...
I stopped by the reddit forum and there was certainly more traffic there, but most of it was "Look at my new Canik".

In any case, I don't know what running this costs in time and dollars, but since I am never going to be on any social media, it is this or nothing.

The industry is estimating there are millions of guns per month getting sold, the highest in history, so there should be some new traffic in new Canik buyers here.

I've mentioned this before, but stickys shouldn't be underestimated. People see on the home page 4-8 threads that give them a lot of info very quickly (the ones on various models, polishing & upgrades, triggers, aftermarket reviews, stuff like that). It advertises that there is useful info here that they don't have to search for and is right up front (it also eliminates repeat questions which may bore some people).

FWIW.
ncjw wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:12 pm I stopped by the reddit forum and there was certainly more traffic there, but most of it was "Look at my new Canik".
Yep, I see the same thing. That or repetitive questions about recoil springs or triggers.

There just really isn't much to discuss right now regarding Canik.
higgybaby wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:13 pm Just a year or so back- this forum was wide open.....so many new posts you couldn't keep up with them all.
Very true, and look at what's happened since then! I think a lot of it is that many of us aren't shooting like we were even a year ago. Matches dried up a good bit (I'm told), and components and ammo certainly have!! I can't talk about my match "last week" because there wasn't one for me. And now, with so many vaccinated and things beginning to get back to some semblance of "normal", we still have serious shortages of components, and of course we're waiting to see what drops from the current administration that's going to make our shooting live easier (that's sarcasm, folks!). I come here pretty much every day to read the new posts, but I don't have much to contribute right now. I hope things get better for all of us soon! Warmest regards to all... shoot straight!
I am a member in 2 gun forums. That is the extent of my social media.......F~¢k Facebook. I'm so thankful that I never got into that.

I bought my 1st Canik, the Elite SC, last summer. I managed to shoot through about 300 rounds before my 9mm ammo stash reached situation critical. I haven't shot it since. Thanks to that little detail, I've only been checking in here maybe once every 3 weeks. I'm a new Canik owner that can't use his Canik. I don't know that I have much to contribute to the forum right now. FWIW, the other forum I belong to has been slower lately and I can't relate to the new topics as much since my gun hobby has become almost stagnant.

I suppose I could talk about my dedicated 22 upper build, but now my 22 stash has been significantly depleted....my firearm enthusiasm is in a severe state of depression.😒
I belong to three other forums and visit this forum and the others multiple times a time a day. All of the forums are slower. I think most shooters have a hard time getting ammo or components and are not shooting as much. We use to shoot at least once a week and now go once every two or three weeks in order to conserve ammo. Last week the range only had three other people shooting while we were there. We asked the range if they had any 9mm ammo. The answer was: "sure, a dollar a round".

With all the new shooters with new guns the forums and ranges should be booming. A new gunner might get a box of ammo when they buy a new gun but may not know it is in such short supply. I bet most are shocked when they try to buy any quantity of ammo the first time.

Frank
ShooterMcGavin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:01 pm
I suppose I could talk about my dedicated 22 upper build, but now my 22 stash has been significantly depleted....my firearm enthusiasm is in a severe state of depression.😒
Might as well. There is a non-canik forum here. I've been debating this myself and going back and forth between a CMMG conversion and a full dedicated upper.
colonel00 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:35 pm
ShooterMcGavin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:01 pm
Might as well. There is a non-canik forum here. I've been debating this myself and going back and forth between a CMMG conversion and a full dedicated upper.
I may do just that. I had the same debate. Went dedicated for assumed better accuracy.
new to forum

getting back into pistol shooting , first time own[…]

Alien gear holster

I've been using that setup for just over a year. […]

The ability to post pictures

NEW GIVEAWAY FOR YOU ELITE OWNERS

Ill be working on a giveaway for the forum specifi[…]