Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By SwollenPineal
Greetings, everyone! I am new to the forum and seeking some insight. I have been carrying an SC for my CHL for 2 years now. I have recently started modding it for a home defense roll. I have a YHM R9 that is currently in jail at my local FFL/Shooting Range. Last weekend, I went and played with my can for a while. I couldn't get my Elite SC to cycle properly. Every other round I had a a failure to feed/return to battery. I have put over 1000 rounds through it, so I assume my guide rod spring has "broken in". I can't seem to find ANY light weight aftermarket guide rod springs for the SC. They are only available for the larger TP9 series. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I'd love to run my SC suppressed without having to rack it or smack it into battery after every shot. P.S this was still an issue with +P ammo.

-Andy
By SwollenPineal
Canik doesn't have them listed. The SC has a two piece guide rod. They would likely have to custom make one for me. Making sure there isn't an alternative before I contact them.
Update

On today's adventure to the range, I destroyed a 17rd and a 15rd mag. I decide to try some 147g Lawman to see if i could get my SC to cycle while suppressed. Not only did it not cycle, I blew out the feed lips on two magazine's. It's staring to look like putting a can on this thing isn't in my cards. If you're trying to suppress tour SC, I'd reconsider.

Best regards,
Andy
Your guess is as good as mine. I've never had this happen with any other handgun. A local gunsmith is going to reshape the feed lips on the mags for me, so no free mags for you. Lol

I think I may have cracked the feed ramp on my barrel as well. Don't know what problem came first. I'll take pics and post them in a few.

The ability to post pictures

NEW GIVEAWAY FOR YOU ELITE OWNERS

Ill be working on a giveaway for the forum specifi[…]

New to the forum

Welcome!

New to the forum

Welcome from another happy Elite owner!