Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Today I saw a Canik TP9 SFx (and several other models) at a local gun store. I've had my eye on several long-slide competition pistols and had almost decided on spending $800+ for a Walther Q5 series.

Then I saw it at the store and got to hold, manipulate, rack, pull, etc. I have to say, for a price of $530 (!) this does not feel like a cheap product! It's lightweight but feels solid, has very good ergonomics, is easy to rack, has competition features including a 20-rd magazine, extended slide release, and "cut" for optics, as well as a fiber optic front sight. It comes with a cheap but totally usable paddle holster just for kicks.

All reviews on it sound pretty positive. The trigger! Oh man, the trigger felt great! I never thought I'd feel anything like the Walther PPQ trigger, but today I think I did. I manipulated the two side-by-side, and I honestly think the Canik's trigger feels as crisp, short and clean as the Walther's. Between them, better ergonomics are about all the Walther *appeared* to have over it.

And the Canik is a full $300 less expensive.

What am I missing? Do these things explode in your hand on the 51st round? Do they sometimes fire at you backwards?

For dedicated range fun, target shooting and some competition, why would I *NOT* buy this gun?
I have two of the TP9SFx's. I shoot USPSA Carry Optics. Both guns set up the same. If you think the trigger is good now, wait until you "tweak" it a touch! The pistol has been outstanding pretty much out of the box. Barrel is very accurate and dot mounts are already there for pretty much anything you may wish to mount. Others will pitch in here but the reports on the pistol have been uniformly good. If you give one a try you'll probably love it like the rest of us. All the best...
Reasons NOT to buy a Canik:

1. You believe that you need to spend at least $150 to get a good aftermarket trigger when Caniks already come with good triggers (and for $75 you can make it a great trigger).

2. You have no ammo, so why buy ANY gun?

3. As above, you have been told that they are addictive (and they are).

4. Even though every other newbie post complains about the stiff RSA and is told how to deal with it, you don't like reading old posts on forums that you just joined and like to complain.

5. You think that you should always buy American (as you read this on your Chinese built phone or laptop).

6. Brand names mean more to you than sheer performance (let alone value).

7. Your brother in law said that "everybody uses a Glock", and you believe him even though he still owes you money.

8. When other shooters in the know see that you can't hit a barn door even though you are shooting an SFx, they will instantly know that you are a terrible shot - it ain't the gun.

9. You fear that you can't properly pronounce "Canik" (even Janik can't make a pure Turkish "shhggJJCC- anik" sound).

10. You have more money then sense.
ncjw wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:58 am Reasons NOT to buy a Canik:

1. You believe that you need to spend at least $150 to get a good aftermarket trigger when Caniks already come with good triggers (and for $75 you can make it a great trigger).

2. You have no ammo, so why buy ANY gun?

3. As above, you have been told that they are addictive (and they are).

4. Even though every other newbie post complains about the stiff RSA and is told how to deal with it, you don't like reading old posts on forums that you just joined and like to complain.

5. You think that you should always buy American (as you read this on your Chinese built phone or laptop).

6. Brand names mean more to you than sheer performance (let alone value).

7. Your brother in law said that "everybody uses a Glock", and you believe him even though he still owes you money.

8. When other shooters in the know see that you can't hit a barn door even though you are shooting an SFx, they will instantly know that you are a terrible shot - it ain't the gun.

9. You fear that you can't properly pronounce "Canik" (even Janik can't make a pure Turkish "shhggJJCC- anik" sound).

10. You have more money then sense.
^^^^^^ What he said!
We own three: SC, Elite, and DA. I can't think of a negative other than hit or miss on Century Arms customer support, and the cuts under the pic rails on some of the full size guns may be off spec, so read here about mount issues and fixes for the issue. The guns themselves are excellent, and well worth the reasonable prices.
Take the plunge! ;)

Neil 8-)
Don't believe all these folks...but me...that's different. I would never lie to you. Buy the Canik. Angels will sing, trumpets will blare, the sun shall sign always. Jew will hug Palestinian. Democrat will kiss Republican. Pelosi will lay down with Trump...sorry, forget that last one...it was a biblical rendering that doesn't even fit in jest. Whew! I feel dizzy...I hope it will pass. But buy the Canik and your world will change for the better.
Caliber wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:12 pm I have a SFT Mete. It's difficult to find extra magazines and it's difficult to find holsters.
Magazines are around. Find the MPN or UPC for the magazine you want and use gun.deals to search for it.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/787450716834

Should be plenty of holster options out there depending on what you are looking for.
Pre-covid, mags were easy to find (I should know, I've got over a dozen of them). It is simply Covid supply chain related. As on the forum, it is straightforward to convert M9's if you are motivated.

Pretty sure the pistol comes with a holster. Again, plenty of discussion on the forums on everything from Walther ones that fit to custom makers.
I agree with everyone else above for the most part. I love my Elite, I wish the manufacturer of the gun loved it as much as I do. One thing I didn't take into account before I bought the gun is aftermarket support. There is none to speak of. There is one company making magazine related things, and one company making trigger related things, and kind of a few companies making holsters. I have been waiting for a threaded barrel to be made and sold for my elite for over a year now, and the "only" company that makes threaded barrels for Caniks (RCM) has been back ordered for that long and won't have barrel blanks for the guns until April 2022 perhaps. There are at least 10 places that you can get a top shelf threaded barrel in stock for a Glock right now. Canik keeps releasing guns into the wild with zero regard to their end user, I get it you look into the boxes the Mete's come in and they are far and above better equipped than anything else on the market, but that is all the support you will ever receive from the manufacturing side of things. So as long as people wanting to buy the guns realize that Caniks have 1% of the aftermarket share as a Glock 19, and will always struggle than that is fine. I can't stand Glocks for lots of reasons, but I am kind of kicking myself for going down the Canik path (as awesome of a gun as it is) because its almost like the company or the aftermarket suppliers doesn't care about the people using the guns. Again, I am not bad mouthing the guns I love mine, I just wish I had more options.
Stepping into modern era.

I seriously doubt you could find a better option, […]

i found that the "U" shaped rear[…]

New Canik owner !

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Canik Fanatik forum.