Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
ncjw wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:49 am Mostly failure to return to battery.

BTW, check out the Marine Gun Builder. Some major fitting is usually needed on the rear rails and trigger housing.

Once tuned up, it should be a very good value for a RMR equipped and railed .45.
Yeah I'm sub'd to his channel. My rear rails seem to fit ok, tracking has my trigger housing arriving tomorrow. Had occasional RTB issues with a p80 19 I built, I put in an old OEM guide rod/spring and it seems fine now, had a generic slide completion kit and I guess the original guide rod was crap. I just went ahead and put a tungsten rod in my Strike80 build and that was flawless off the bat.
Ben W. wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:29 am I doubt I'll be buying ammo any time soon. Fortunately, I had stashed away enough ....
I've got a stash too, but dwindling. The new FFL applicant are one half the story.

I've a good friend, sorta yuppie, who decided in 2020 to buy a pistol for home defense. Great. He bought a $3k Wilson Combat EDC X9 and 3 50x boxes of ammo. So far he has put ZERO rounds through his $3k pistol almost a year later!!! I was at his place last Winter, and he brought out his safe-queen. I'm not a 1911/2011 fanboi, but VERY nice pistol. Then he brings out 2 boxes of Winchester white box ball, and one box of American Eagle hollow point, and tells me that the AE-JHP is "very special"and he'd never fire that but in self defense. I didn't have the heart to tell him that AE was special as in "Walmart-special" and that he better learn how that ammo interacts with his untested 2011 before the issue becomes critical. I DID suggest we go to a range soon (didn't happen).

TL;DR - the idea that suburban yuppies are expending a lot of ammo on their first gun seems questionable. I *think* the ammo shortage is about "regulars' stocking up on 2k ot 5k rounds.
Actually, you just proved the theory. If the 4-5M new gun owners since the "mostly peaceful" riots last summer bought just four boxes of ammo each - that's a billion more rounds than normal.

I agree that hoarding has a lot to do with it, especially primers, but which came first? Once prices started going up did hoarding begin then? I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Unless the Dem nutjobs do more stupid things (quite probable), prices will come down in time.
Another indication is that TSUSA and Lucky Gunner have had $1/rd defensive 9mm in stock for a week or more.

Even these had been flying off of the shelves earlier, so maybe people have hit a limit on what they will pay.
Bought 100 rounds of Aguila cphp 22 lr today at Rural King for $4.99/50 rounds today. No bargain there, but good to see it available. They had 500 round bricks of Norma, but they were somewhere close to $90/brick.....F that!

Got notice today that the ammo I had ordered from Federal has shipped. Their notice of 12-15 days before orders ship is pretty accurate.
ShooterMcGavin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 pm Bought 100 rounds of Aguila cphp 22 lr today at Rural King for $4.99/50 rounds today. No bargain there, but good to see it available.
Not bad compared to what I'm seeing here. Most places where I've seen any available have been $10/50 regardless of brand. Aguila or CCI Blazer.

Closest to a deal I've found had been Wal Mart, I've found the Federal Automatch 325ct. LRN for $17/box.
Want last long...
https://www.velocityammosales.com/produ ... series-jhp
9mm - Winchester Ranger 147 Grain T-Series JHP
$39.99
147.png
147.png (207.65 KiB) Viewed 727 times
https://www.lg-outdoors.com/Product/Det ... rce=A10001
Fiocchi 9mm Luger 147 Grain FMJ 50 Rounds Ammunition
Manufacturer Fiocchi Ammo
MFG NO 9APD
SKU 5658182
UPC 762344026923
See more products from Fiocchi Ammo
There are no reviews yet for this item.
WRITE A REVIEW
PRICE $24.99
7% OFF!
MSRP: $26.95
Per round: $0.50
Qty available: 21
*Buy 10 or more for $23.74 each.
Per round: $0.47 for 10 or more.
147 Fi.jpg
147 Fi.jpg (12.66 KiB) Viewed 727 times
ncjw wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:32 pm Wow. TSUSA has had several varieties of bulk 9mm (CCI, Fed, Blazer) in stock for almost a day without selling out. Sure, still $500, but maybe the downward trend is increasing.
I'm still kind of bitter for renewing my subscription back in November. I get that prices have gone up but their prices are higher than I can find on the shelves locally sometimes. It never used to be that way.
I kind of agree. I re-upped just before the panic, but that's not their fault.

I don't see any LGS at the same prices but they're not far off. LGS's are seeming to get supply at close to or far above mail order depending on the LGS.

So I guess that I am equally annoyed by both mail order and LGS.
On the online sites I regular purchase from, I am seeing the last couple of weeks with regularity, dropping prices and rising availability on most common calibers. $10 differences on some 50rd boxes, etc. compared to a few short months ago, so while we are not where we were 15 months ago, it's a welcome trend!

Neil 8-)
Last couple trips to Academy after work, 5.56 has been readily available on the shelf along with other rifle calibers, no handgun ammo other then few misc box's of defensive stuff (.38.40,45 no 9) However both trips i was picking up 9 that had been available to order for store pickup online.
I almost pulled the trigger at $400, but definitely will at $300 (for name brand stuff). Still almost twice as much as it should be, but am still nervous about my inventory levels.

At $175/case, I will be "hoarding" again.

.45's not coming down as fast, just realized after shooting some two weeks ago that .45 was my lowest inventory. (It also reminded me that no matter if Caniks have the best by far striker fired trigger, nothing comes close to a good 1911 trigger...)
Ah, the good old days when 124 WWB NATO was $7-8 because no one wanted it.

When it gets to below $200, you will again be able to buy 5,000 rounds for what some people paid for 1,000 rounds a few months ago. (BTW, I am not being critical, everyone has their own situation for buying ammo, no one knew it would come down now or even this year).

But anyone EVER claiming that someone is "hoarding" ammo won't have a leg to stand on after this fiasco.

Also can't wait for 0.03 primers again. I can't believe that I hemmed and hawed and decided not to buy 10K on sale at a gun show for 0.025 in 2019...
ncjw wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:57 am I almost pulled the trigger at $400, but definitely will at $300 (for name brand stuff). Still almost twice as much as it should be, but am still nervous about my inventory levels.

At $175/case, I will be "hoarding" again.

.45's not coming down as fast, just realized after shooting some two weeks ago that .45 was my lowest inventory. (It also reminded me that no matter if Caniks have the best by far striker fired trigger, nothing comes close to a good 1911 trigger...)
If you hit them up on shipment days and get there in the morning Academy sometimes has Blazer .45 for like $28 or $29 a box... Lately I've seen it pop up a time or two being available for ship to home too. While I had thousands of rounds of other calibers .45 was what I was short on when it began too had like a case and as my only .45's were cz07, g21 and 1911's of which only the CZ I was shooting frequently.

i found that the "U" shaped rear[…]

New Canik owner !

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Canik Fanatik forum.

Tis the season...

:laughing: